Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 8" W7 subwoofer — fits 2007-13 Toyota Tundra Double Cab (Black)
Item # 13694347 | MFR # 94347
$799.99 Earn up to 800 Rewards points
Our take on the JL Audio Stealthbox® by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This Stealthbox® enclosure fits under the driver side rear seat of the 2007-13 Toyota Tundra Double Cab truck. It includes one W7 8" 3-ohm subwoofer from JL Audio. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as moderate or high. Crutchfield recommends using a car audio professional to install this enclosure, unless you have extensive experience installing car audio gear.
Sound is amazing! Much better than i expected. Hard deep bass! Don't think, just do it!!
Anonymous, Houston Tx
What's in the Box:
- Custom subwoofer box with loaded 8" woofer
- 2 Hex bolts
- 2 Split-lock washers
- 2 Flat washers
- 2 L-brackets
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- ported fiberglass enclosure
- W7 8" 3-ohm subwoofer
- fits under the driver side rear seat
- power handling: 150-500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JL Audio Stealthbox® Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult "Outfit My Car" to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Woofer: One 8" JL Audio W7-3 subwoofer is loaded in this ported enclosure and wired as a 3Ω load at the enclosure's 5-way post speaker terminal.
- W-Cone: The JL Audio W7 subwoofer utilizes a W-Cone design, a unit-body cone assembly, that delivers astonishing cone stiffness with minimal mass. The shape also provides incredible torsional rigidity, which is critical to maintaining voice coil alignment at the suspension limits. In order to gain maximum stiffness, two lightweight mineral-filled polypropylene skins are bonded together at the perimeter and the center of the assembly. The lower skin's cross-section is shaped like a "W", and provides incredible rigidity when bonded to the dished upper skin.
- OverRoll Surround: OverRoll Surround technology allows JL Audio to make full use of the entire footprint of the speaker, placing the surround further to the outside than in a conventional woofer. This means that W7 subwoofer can use a large roll for all its benefits without sacrificing cone area. By maximizing the effective piston/total footprint ratio, the W7 subwoofer can deliver more output for a given excursion and outside frame diameter. This means that the prodigious excursion advantage of the W7 can be put to full use enhancing output, rather than making up for lost piston area. This technology also provides a geometry advantage on the outside edge of the surround roll, allowing for more linear operation. A further benefit is that the mounting holes are inherently sealed by the surround, resulting in an improved box seal.
- Ultra-Long Voice Coil: The W7 subwoofer features an ultra-long voice coil to allow extreme linear excursion, phenomenal power handling and control. The massive surface area of these coils is excellent for heat dissipation, while the huge winding height provides the necessary motivational force to achieve the huge excursion of the W7 designs. Considering their size, the W7 voice coils are extremely light in weight. The W7 uses aluminum-alloy wire (instead of conventional copper) and a specific winding method to achieve JL Audio's desired electrical properties. The light weight of the coils helps keep the overall moving mass down at manageable levels, which is extremely important for efficiency and sound quality reasons.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W7 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Massive Forced Air Cooled: The elevated frame design of the W7 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Radial Cross-Drilled Pole Piece: This innovative venting system greatly enhances thermal dissipation and power handling by directing air flow onto the voice coil former and works in conjunction with the Elevated Frame cooling technology to effectively remove heat from the voice coil. This improves power handling and reduces power compression effects, leading to more linear performance.
- Progressive-Roll Spider: The large, progressive-roll spider provides precise control and motor/voice coil alignment without limiting excursion prematurely.
- Plateau-Reinforced Spider Attachment: The lower reinforcement collar, attached to the voice coil former of the W7, incorporates a plateau design dedicated to relieving material stress and providing a solid attachment surface for the inner edge of the spider. The plateau of the reinforcement collar provides excellent contact area for adhesive therefore creating an incredibly strong bond at a critical point within the driver.
- Co-Extruded Double Lead Wires: The extruded casing and carefully engineered attachments ensure controlled lead-wire behavior under the most extreme excursion demands. Two conductors are used per connection for ample current carrying capability.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
3 questions already asked
I ordered the black box and it's all black carpet around the box. Once it's installed and the seat is down you won't see the box at all. It sounds great by the way. Hope this helps , buy it You won't be disappointed. [ EDWIN F Mar 31, 2014 ]
It is very dark grey, almost black. Matches the carpet perfectly. [ WILLIAM M Mar 31, 2014 ]
Black carpet. Matches the black carpet of the truck. [ ROBERT Mar 31, 2014 ]
Thanks for your question. Unfortunately JL Audio does not provide many of the specs, especially since this is meant to fit in one specific location, this one being under the driver side rear seat. You may be able to reach out to the manufacturer for more information. Their Customer Service # is 954-624-0113. [ Kenny May 29, 2017 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. For information on selecting the best amp for your subs I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences between the amp models and help you make the best choice for your system. [ Krissy Nov 26, 2014 ] Staff