Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with two 10" W1v3 subs fits select 2007-up GM regular wheelbase SUVs with the power liftgate option (Ebony)
Item # 13694484 | MFR # SB-GM-ESC/10W1v3/DG
Our take on the JL Audio Stealthbox® by Crutchfield's John Pollard
Created for your vehicle
The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar, concealed bass.
Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.
The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.
Light cashmere version shown here
Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This ebony Stealthbox® enclosure fits select 2007-up Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC regular wheelbase SUVs with the power liftgate option. It installs on the driver's side rear window ledge. This Stealthbox® includes two W1v3 10" subwoofers from JL Audio. Steel-mesh grilles are included. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.
Note: This enclosure will not fit extended wheelbase vehicles or models without the power liftgate option.
What's in the Box:
- Custom subwoofer box with two loaded 10" woofers
- Custom bracket
- Triangular plate
- Four 1/4" washers
- Two 1/4"-20 x 1" hex-head bolts
- Two 3/8"-16 x 1-3/4" hex-head bolts
- Two 1/4"-20 speed nuts
- Two 3/8" x 1-1/4" fender washers
- Three 3/8" split-lock washers
- Two 1/4" split-lock washers
- Two 3/8"-16 hex-nuts
- Two 1/4"-20 x 1" head-head bolts
- Two 3/8" x 2" fender washers
- Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- black Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
- two W1v2-4 10" 4-ohm subwoofers wired for 2-ohm mono
- steel-mesh grilles included
- installs on the driver side rear window ledge
- power handling: 100-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: JL Audio's Stealthbox subwoofer systems are designed to hide away in a specific vehicle. Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to confirm compatibility with your vehicle.
Construction: Stealthboxes are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials. Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume. Fiberglass and AMC materials are very strong and can be molded into very complex shapes; giving JL Audio the ability to design your Stealthbox to fit perfectly into tight spots and minimize intrusion into your vehicle's useful space. Each Stealthbox is laminated, ground, joined, and finished by hand in the USA. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and performance.
Dual 10" Woofers: Two 10", 4Ω JL Audio W1v2 subwoofers are loaded in this custom sealed enclosure and wired for a 2Ω load at the sub enclosure's speaker terminals.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC) is
a composite structure that addresses two issues related to reliability.
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
4 questions already asked
For additional details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Kenny Mar 18, 2016 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. For information on selecting the best amp for your subs I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences between the amp models and help you make the best choice for your system. [ Krissy Jan 30, 2015 ] Staff
I got the JL Audio stealth box I'm not getting the sounds that I won't can you let me know the best way to hook up the pioneer stage 4PRS.o 1200.I would like to get the 600 watts from my amp [ Kenneth Nov 05, 2014 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The JL Audio Stealthbox® comes pre-loaded with two W1v2 10" subwoofers. I'm afraid that the W3's are not a good fit for that enclosure as the box volume does not work with those woofers. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Nov 03, 2014 ] Staff
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: There are not any dimensions listed for the JL Audio Stealthbox(item 13694484) as it is specifically designed for 2007-up GM regular wheelbase SUV's with the power liftgate option. It will absolutely not fit any other vehicle as it was formed to fit perfectly in those GM SUV's. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Nov 04, 2014 ] Staff