Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio StealthMod® Audio Upgrade with subwoofer
For 2011-up Chevrolet Camaro convertible
Our take on the JL Audio StealthMod® Audio Upgrade with subwooferby Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Turn that frown into a smile
The sound system in your Chevy Camaro convertible doesn't sound as good as you thought it would, does it? JL Audio comes to the rescue with this StealthMod audio upgrade system that'll make you very happy with the sound in your ride. This package allows you to add bass, replace the the front door speakers, and increase the overall power, bringing excitement, impact, and a new clarity to your music.
It all starts with adding some bass to the factory system. The package includes a JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer that perfectly matches your Camaro's acoustic space, and fits in without taking up much space. The Stealthbox contains two 10" W1v2 subwoofers, and it lives up to its name, as it broadcasts powerful bass throughout your Camaro from beneath the convertible top storage area.
New component speakers
In order to guarantee superior sound reproduction in your Camaro convertible, the factory front door speakers are replaced with JL Audio's C3-650 6-3/4" convertible component speakers and crossover networks. The C3 tweeters mount coaxially inside the C3 woofer cones, while your Camaro's factory tweeters get their crossovers modified. The rear factory speakers continue being driven by the factory radio. This change will bring out all the intricacies in your music, as well as set up a clearly defined soundstage that will make it seem as if the band is playing directly in front of you. The package includes speaker and crossover mounting brackets that help simplify the installation.
One amp takes care of the whole system
JL Audio's XD700/5 5-channel amplifier, bridged to 3-channel operation for this StealthMod, provides power for the entire system. This compact beast installs neatly out of the way, feeding your new components up to 200 watts RMS each, while its sub channel delivers 300 watts RMS to the Stealthbox. This power allows all your speakers to operate at peak efficiency and eliminates distortion, so you enjoy clean sound, even at high levels. The amplifier mounts on a custom-fit bracket, right next to the battery, for a very neat installation.
Your own concert hall
Once the StealthMod installation is complete, you'll start thinking of your Camaro as your own personal concert hall, as you experience the excitement that only a first-rate car audio system can create.
JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this StealthMod installation as high and recommends using a car audio professional to install this system, as this modification may void your factory radio's warranty. The package includes all the wires and hardware needed for a custom-fit, stealthy installation, along with photo-illustrated, detailed, step-by-step instructions.
- deluxe audio upgrade system
- fits 2011-up Chevrolet Camaro convertible
- package includes:
- SB-GM-CAMCONV/10W1v2 Stealthbox with two 10" subwoofers
- XD700/5 5-channel car amplifier (200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- power, ground, turn-on leads, 60-amp fuse, and RCA patch cables included
- 1 pair Evolution® C3-650 6-3/4" convertible component speaker system
- two 2.2 uF capacitors for modifying stock tweeters
- HD-RLC remote subwoofer level control
- system wiring harness (includes power, speaker, and signal wiring)
- custom-engineered amplifier, speaker, and crossover mounting brackets
- illustrated installation and setup instructions
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- StealthMod enclosure
- Two 10" Woofers (10W1v2.4)
- 6.75" Component speaker system (C3-600)
- 5-Channel Class-D amp (XD700/5)
- Remote control (HD-RLC)
- Carpeted center cover
- Wiring harness
- Amplifier bracket
- 2 Crossover brackets
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 2 Speaker adapter plates
- 16AWG speaker cable
- 12 AWG speaker cable
- Red power wire
- Black ground wire
- Remote turn-on wire
- Speaker-to-RCA adapter
- 2 Y-adapters
- Fuse holder
- Two 2.2 uf capacitors
- 2 Ring terminals
- Two 3/8"-16x1.5" bolts
- Eight 1/4"-20x1.5" hex bolts
- Two 1/4"-20x1.5" bolts
- Four 1/4"-20x1.0" bolts
- Four #8x1" phillips-head screws
- Sixteen #8 pan-head screws
- Three #10 phillip-head screws
- Four #8x3/4" philips-head screws
- Two 3/8" split-lock washers
- Two 3/8" flat washers
- Six 1/4" lock washers
- Ten 1/4" flat washers
- Two 3/4" spacers
- Four 1/4"-20 hex-nuts
- Three 3/16" rivets
- 8 Speed clips
- Installation Instructions
JL Audio StealthMod System: The StealthMod system has been thoroughly tested and engineered by JL Audio's Stealthbox development team and offers dramatic improvements in low-frequency extension and quality, significantly greater clean output capability, better imaging and better-balanced high-frequency response than the factory system. The difference is most impressive with the top down as the additional power on the front speaker system really helps overcome road and wind noise so that you can hear your favorite music in all its glory.
Vehicle Compatibility: This particular StealthMod package has been designed for 2011-Up Chevrolet Camaro Convertibles. It will not fit the Camaro Coupe. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
System Components: Building on the outstanding performance of the Stealthbox for the Camaro Convertible, JL Audio has added a 700W XD system amplifier to power the Stealthbox and their C3 components that replace the factory speakers in the front doors of the Camaro. Filters are also provided to modify the crossover point of the factory tweeters for better system performance. The factory system continues to power the rear speakers. The supplied HD-RLC Remote Level Control can be mounted in the front of the vehicle to be used as an easily accessible subwoofer level control.
Dual 10" Woofers (10W1v2.4): Two 10", 4Ω JL Audio W1v2 subwoofers are loaded in this sealed enclosure and wired in parallel inside the box for a 2Ω load. Each W1v2 woofer features an injection-molded, metallic-finish polypropylene cone woofer with a butyl rubber surround for added durability, woofer excursion, and bass response.
- Surround Stress Relief: By creating a radius feature on the edge of the cone, stress is relieved from the surround material at maximum forward excursion, resulting in longer life and more consistent surround behavior.
- Interlocking Cone & Dust Cap: The W1v2's utilize a dust cap that is not just glued, but also interlocks with features molded into the cone body for a tight snap-fit. This creates a more rigid cone assembly and a more reliable dust cap attachment.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is JL Audio's proprietary method aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, W1v2 motors remain linear in motor force over a very long range of excursion, and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is vastly reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Floating Cone Attachment Method (FCAM): JL Audio's patented FCAM technology is an innovative method of bonding the surround/cone assembly to the voice coil/spider assembly. This assembly technique ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar: The Vented Reinforcement
Collar (VRC) is a composite structure that addresses two issues related to
- Stress Relief: By reinforcing the critical junction between the cone, voice coil and spider, the VRC greatly reduces failures due to glue breakdown or material weakness. It does this by greatly increasing adhesive contact area and providing stress relief to the spider material at excursion extremes
- Air Flow: The VRC also features slots that facilitate air flow directly onto the voice coil windings. This reduces thermal compression effects and enhances reliability
- Insert Molded Suspension/Coil/Terminal Sub-Assembly: The W1v2 features a unique spider, coil and terminal subassembly which is assembled prior to installation in the speaker frame for optimum alignment and glue-joint integrity. This type of assembly ensures precise lead wire length, lead wire entry and exit angles; and coil to spider perpendicularity.
- Elevated Frame Cooling System: The elevated frame design of the W1v2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
6.75" Component Speakers (C3-650): The JL Audio Evolution C3-600 convertible component system includes 6-1/2" woofers with injection-molded polymer frames, mineral filled polypropylene cones, butyl rubber surrounds, ferrite magnets, and 1.2" voice coils with Kapton formers. In the center of each cone is a phase plug; the phase plug can be removed and the tweeter mounted in its place to create a coaxial speaker. The 1" silk dome tweeters are Ferro fluid cooled and use neodymium magnets. Silk is lightweight and great for high frequency extension and efficiency. It is also designed for durability in the extreme automotive environment. Flush mount and surface mount housings are included, along with fixtures to coaxially mount the tweeters to the woofers. The C3 tweeters mount coaxially inside the C3 woofer cones, while your Camaro's factory tweeters get their crossovers modified. The crossover network has an electronic tweeter protection circuit built in; it monitors the current and disconnects the tweeter when it senses and overload. The circuit automatically resets once the overload is removed.
5-Channel Amplifier (XD700/5): The JL Audio XD700/5 is a five-channel, class-D amplifier utilizing NexD ultra-high speed switching technology to deliver outstanding fidelity and efficiency. The 5-channel amplifier is configured at 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged (at 4Ω) + 300 watts RMS x 1 (at 2Ω) for this system. NexD is a state-of-the-art switching amplifier design that combines exceptional audio quality with excellent efficiency and less complexity. This results in an affordable compact amplification with exceptional audio quality and unsurpassed total efficiency. The XD-Series amplifier employs advanced thermal and low-impedance protection to virtually eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events. Should the XD-Series amplifier ever overheat, its intelligent, unregulated power supply reacts by limiting available peak voltage until the amplifier returns to a safe temperature range. Likewise, if an impedance lower than optimal for the amplifier is present at the outputs, the XD amplifier will roll back peak voltage to protect itself without shutting down.
- Simplified Gain Setting: The XD Series amplifier makes setting the gain level of the amp via the input sensitivity control very simple. All you need is Digital AC Voltmeter (142TK12V, sold separately) and a Test CD Disc (503CD104, sold separately) with a sine-wave test-tone recorded at 0 dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified for that set of channels (50 Hz for subwoofer channels, 1 kHz for a midrange application). The XD700/5 is equipped with a independent gain controls for the 1/2, 3/4, & 5 channels.
- Flexible Input Section And Active Crossover Network:The JL Audio XD amplifier provides a flexible input section and a comprehensive crossover network to fine tune your system effectively and accurately. The variable filter design employed in the JL Audio XD amplifier crossover sections allow you to seamlessly switch slopes, easily change filter frequencies and address what frequencies the preamp inputs will pass. The XD700/5 offers the following independent crossover adjustments for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels along the unit's top panel, behind a removal cover plate.
- Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections.
- Speaker Output Terminals: The XD700/5 amplifier's twelve set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
- Preamp Inputs: The amplifier features 3 pair of differential-balanced RCA jack inputs. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for the front 1/2, 3/4, and 5 channels of the amplifier. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the HD700/5 to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's input level can be set independently for all channels between 100mV-4V.
Remote Level Control (HD-RLC): The wired remote level control lets you control the volume of all channels or just the subwoofer channel of the XD700/5 from the front of your vehicle. This is useful for subwoofer level control or even as a master volume control for your system.
Warranty Information: The installation of a StealthMod system will likely invalidate the factory warranty of the OEM (factory) audio system. JL Audio's warranties only cover the installed JL Audio equipment and do not extend to cover any failures of OEM (factory) equipment.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.