Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio C3-570
Evolution™ C3 Series 5"x7" convertible component speaker system
Item # 136C3570 | MFR # 99021
Our take on the JL Audio C3-570by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Versatile speaker system for any space
JL Audio's Evolution C3 speaker systems allow you to choose the best configuration for great sound in your vehicle. Mount the woofers and tweeters separately, and a C3 component system will fill your car with incredibly detailed, rich, and crystal-clear music, perfectly positioned in your listening space. In vehicles with limited space, you can mount the C3 tweeter inside the woofer to create a full-range, coaxial speaker that still performs with breathtaking impact.
Advanced material construction leads to clean musical reproduction
The C3-570 component system uses a 5"x7" mica-filled polypropylene woofer that covers the midrange and low frequencies strongly and accurately. A specially designed frame resists unwanted resonances, keeping your music free from interference. If you mount the tweeter separately, simply install a phase plug into the woofer and the sound will disperse smoothly throughout your vehicle.
Silk tweeters and versatile crossover networks
The C3 tweeters use ferrofluid cooling to handle extreme levels of high-frequency information without overheating. Mounted separately or coaxially, these 1" silk dome tweeters broadcast crisp musical detail evenly without harshness. Separate outboard crossovers use premium components to direct the signal flow to your woofers and tweeters. You can select from three midrange settings and four levels of tweeter presence to match the speaker system to your listening environment.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
Priced per pair
- component speaker system includes two 5"x7" woofers, 2 tweeters, two external crossovers, and two woofer grilles
- mica-filled polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround
- glass-filled polymer frame with Elevated Frame Cooling
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with adjustments for coaxial or separate tweeter placement, and 4-position tweeter level
- tweeter mounts for separate or coaxial installations included
- phase plug provided when tweeter mounted separately
- power range: 5-75 watts RMS
- frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- depth: 2-9/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Bottom mount adapter rings
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Coaxial mount tweeter fixtures
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- 2 M4x30mm Pan-head machine screws
- 2 Crimp-on 0.187" Male quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.110" Male quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.25" Female quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 0.205" Female quick slides
- 4 Crimp-on 0.110" Female quick slides
- 12 Crimp-on spade connectors
- Four 1" Flat head self-tapping screws
- Twelve 1-1/8" Pan head self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Owner's manual
- Woofer cutout template
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Mica-filled polypropylene|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||90|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||93|
|Frequency Response||48 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||25|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||75|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||150|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3 1/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||0|
Woofers: The JL Audio Evolution C3-570 convertible component system includes 5x7 woofers with injection-molded polymer frames, mineral filled polypropylene cones, rubber surrounds, ferrite magnets, and 1.2" voice coils with Kapton formers. In the center of each cone is a phase plug; the phase plug can be removed and the tweeter mounted in its place to create a coaxial speaker.
Tweeters: The 1" edge driven silk dome tweeters are Ferro fluid cooled and use neodymium magnets. Silk is lightweight and great for high frequency extension and efficiency. It is also designed for durability in the extreme automotive environment. Flush mount and surface mount housings are included, along with fixtures to coaxially mount the tweeters to the woofers.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Surface Mount||1.933"||Screw holes only||0.881"||Screw depth only|
Coaxial Mounting: The tweeters can be mounted in the center of the woofers to create coaxial speakers. When the tweeters are mounted to the woofers the speaker is taller; the mounting height increases to 0.797 inches and tweeter protrusion to 0.180 inches.
Two-way Crossover System: The C3 component system utilizes a 2-way crossover system with Mylar capacitors and air-core inductors:
- High Pass: second order (12 dB/octave slope); four tweeter level settings are selectable to compensate for mounting location or orientation; +2.0 dB, Reference, -2 dB, and -4 dB
- Low Pass: first order (6 dB/octave slope)
- Midrange Presence: there are three settings that affect the amplitude of the upper midrange response, designed to compensate for mounting location or orientation; choose High, Reference, or Low
Tweeter Protection: The crossover network has a polyswitch tweeter protection circuit built in; it monitors the current and disconnects the tweeter when it senses and overload. The circuit automatically resets once the overload is removed.
Crossover Wiring: The terminal strip will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.32" wide (the included crimp-on spade connectors are 0.255" wide).
- Width: 3.365"
- Height: 1.422"
- Depth: 4.745" (plus wire)
Connection Note: The C3 component system comes with no speaker wire. Instead, a number of spade connectors and quick slides are included in the hardware pack to be crimped onto speaker wire you provide.
Size Classification Note: The C3-570 will fit many 5x7 and 6x8 OEM replacement applications; please refer to the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm fit in your vehicle. The included bottom mount adapter rings can also be used to raise the woofer when top mounting; the depth changes to 2.088 inches and the mounting height to 0.832 inches.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.