Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JL Audio PWM112-JXWXv2
PowerWedge MAX 175-watt 12" powered subwoofer
Item # 136PWM1122 | MFR # 93249
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JL Audio PWM112-JXWXv2 by Crutchfield's John Pollard
JL Audio's PowerWedge MAX powered subwoofers give you almost everything you need for impactful bass thump in your ride. Engineers at JL Audio expertly match this sub, box, and amp for top-notch sound quality, then craftsmen at their Florida plant assemble them by hand to exacting standards.
A steadfast 12" sub
The PowerWedge MAX PWM112-JXWXv2 powered sub starts with a hard-hitting 12" WXv2 subwoofer, with a rigid polypropylene cone that can push plenty of air for prolific bass output. Extensive venting helps prevent thermal breakdown in the voice coil, so you'll get lasting, consistent performance.
175 watts RMS and an expertly crafted enclosure
Built from industrial-grade 5/8" medium density fiberboard and covered by thick gray carpeting, this sealed enclosure promotes punchy, tight-sounding bass. Mounted on the back of the enclosure, the JX 250/1 mono amplifier features an advanced heat sink to keep the amp cool for strong, stable output. This amp sends 175 watts RMS to the sub for optimal bass power. An optional wired remote lets you control the bass levels from the comfort of your front seat.
Great sound, very sharp and clear and powerful! I suggest taking off the amp and attaching it to the vehicle itself that way if you have a small trunk you can always take the sub and encasing out without the hassle. Besides that it is a very powerful bass box in a small package for its power!
Robert P., New York, NY
What's in the Box:
- Subwoofer enclosure
- One 12WXv2-4 12" woofer (loaded in enclosure)
- JX250/1 Mono amplifier (mounted on the back of the enclosure)
- 10" Speaker level amplifier input harness
- Four 5/8" Self tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Warranty information
- Amplifier Owner's manual
- powered 12" subwoofer enclosure
- 12" 4-ohm WXv2 subwoofer with polypropylene cone and foam surround
- mono Class AB amplifier (175 watts RMS at 4 ohms)
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard sealed enclosure with carpet covering
- optional wired remote level control
- frequency response: 22-250 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- assembled in the U.S.A.
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and an 30-amp fuse recommended &mdash wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 30-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 24-1/4"W x 14-1/2"H x 13-1/8"D1 x 8-1/4"D2
- warranty: 2 years (limited)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JL Audio PWM112-JXWXv2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Connector Type||RCA/Set screw|
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||175 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: JL Audio PowerWedge Max subwoofer system combines JL Audio's rugged 12WXv2 subwoofer with a precisely engineered, USA-built MDF enclosure, and a perfectly matched JL Audio JX series amplifier.
Acoustic Suspension Enclosure: The JL Audio PowerWedge Max subwoofer system utilizes a sealed enclosure for tight, accurate, deep bass. CNC machining is used to create precise panel joints that make the enclosure assembly more efficient and exact. The V-groove technique improves assembly efficiency, and also results in a stronger and better sealed enclosure than the typical butt-joint construction. The enclosure features durable, American made automotive grade carpeting and premium JL Audio speaker wiring.
Amp Mounting: The JX series amplifier is mounted to the rear of the PowerWedge Max enclosure and surrounded by an amplifier shroud with a durable black textured finish.
Note: The amplifier shroud must be removed to access the amplifier's connections and controls.
Enclosure Application: This compact enclosure is ideal for a variety of vehicle sizes and feature an angled back panel to allow the subwoofer to fire toward the back of the vehicle with minimal loss of trunk or hatch space.
Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA): DMA is a JL Audio proprietary method of improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, the woofer's motor remains linear in motor force over a long excursion range, and maintains a stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. The result is reduced distortion, faithfully reproduced transients, and tight, clean, articulate bass.
Elevated Frame Cooling: The elevated frame design of the 12WXv2 delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
Rear Gasket: The woofer has an integrated foam rear gasket which provides an optimal seal when installing into the enclosure.
Long Excursion: The 12WXv2 subwoofer has 9.5mm of linear excursion, giving you louder bass with less distortion.
Pre-Mounted: The system is packaged with the subwoofer already mounted in the JL Audio PowerWedge Max enclosure.
Monoblock Class A/B Amplifier: The JL Audio JX250/1 is a class A/B monoblock subwoofer amplifier that has been optimized for low-frequency (10-200 Hz) amplification of the connected subwoofer.
Note: The JX250/1 is not designed for driving full-range speakers, midrange drivers, or tweeters.
MOSFET Switching Power Supply: The JL Audio JX series monoblock amplifier employs a rugged MOSFET power supply for outstanding reliability and operational stability.
|JX250/1 Amplifier Specifications||Ohms||Watts||Channels||Frequency Response||Signal-to-Noise||THD|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4V||4||175||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
|Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5V||4||130||1||20-200 Hz||87 dB||1%|
High-Mass Heat Sink: A heavy extruded aluminum heat sink is designed to keep the JL Audio JX series amplifier in a comfortable thermal range during demanding operation. This high-mass, extruded heat sink removes heat from the amplifier circuitry, extending high-power operation. This improves reliability and reduces the frequency of thermally related shut-down event.
Protection Circuitry: The JX250/1's protection circuitry automatically shuts the amplifier down if thermal limits are exceeded, a short-circuit is detected in the speaker wiring, or if low supply voltage limits are reached.
Status Indicator Lights: There are two status indicator lights on the right side of the amplifier:
- Power (Green): This LED lights green to indicate that the amplifier is turned on and operating normally.
- Protect (Red): The Protection LED lights Red to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated to prevent product failure due to thermal overload, a short-circuit, or a dangerously low impedance connected to the amplifier's outputs.
Controls: The JL Audio JX250/1 amplifier provides the following audio controls:
- Input Sensitivity: The Input Sensitivity
Control is used to match your source unit's output voltage to
the input stage of the amplifier for maximum clean output.
- Low-Level Input Range: 200mV-4V (RMS)
- High-Level Input Range: 2V-10V (RMS)
- Low Pass Crossover: The JL Audio JX250/1 monoblock amplifier is equipped with a 12dB/octave Butterworth low-pass filter with variable frequency selection from 50 to 200Hz.
- Bass Boost: The amplifier is equipped with a variable 0 to +12dB, 45Hz Bass Boost.
- Remote Level Control: The JX250/1 is equipped with a RJ-25 connection for an optional wired Remote Level Control (136RBC1, sold separately) that allows volume level adjustment of the amplifier from the front of your vehicle.
Connections: The JL Audio JX250/1 amplifier provides the following connections:
- Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The monoblock
amplifier features set-screw terminals for the power, ground, and
remote turn-on connections.
- Power and Ground: The JL Audio amplifier's set-screw Power and Ground connections are designed to accept 8 to 4 AWG power wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections.
- Remote Turn-On: The JL Audio JX series amplifier's set-screw turn-on lead will accept 18 to 8 AWG wire. The same 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connection.
- Speaker Output Terminals: The JL Audio JX250/1 features four set-screw speaker terminals for an easy parallel subwoofer connection. The monoblock amplifier's four set-screw speaker terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. A 2.5mm hex-wrench is supplied for making connections. The amplifier's speaker terminals are wired to the loaded woofer from the factory.
- Preamp Inputs: The monoblock amplifier features one set of stereo RCA input jacks. The amplifier features a dedicated Input Sensitivity gain control for these inputs. These controls are designed to match the input sensitivity of the JX250/1 to the specific signal source that is feeding it. The amplifier's low-level input can be set between 200mV-4V RMS.
- Speaker Level Inputs: The JL Audio JX250/1 also accepts speaker level signals, including those from factory systems (without the need for a line-output converter), via the supplied 10" speaker-level harness. The amplifier's high-level input can be set between 2V-10V RMS.
- Preamp Outputs: The JX250/1 incorporates a pass-through preamp output section, so that additional amplifiers can easily be connected to the same signal(s) feeding the monoblock amplifier. These preamp output signals are buffered to prevent noise and are always preamp level, regardless of the level of signals feeding the amplifier's inputs.
Note: The amplifier shroud must be removed to access the amplifier's connections and controls.
Fuse: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 30-amp AFS, AGU, or MAXI fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 30-amps, the original should be replaced with a 30-amp fuse.
Pre-Mounted: The JL Audio JX250/1 amplifier comes already mounted to the back-panel of the enclosure and wired to the pre-loaded subwoofer.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
yes, of course, all drivers should always be broken in, regardless of whether it's a pair of earbuds or a big subwoofer. [ Eric Dec 26, 2014 ]
That's a concept that is new to me in all my years of audio. I hooked mine up and it sounds just fine. [ Kurt Dec 11, 2014 ]
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Jan 31, 2014 ] Staff