Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Scosche powerFUZE PRO
Dual USB charger with 12-volt USB adapter and iPod®/iPhone® charging cable
Our take on the Scosche powerFUZE PRO by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
Scosche's powerFUZE PRO USB charger kit lets you use one convenient device to keep your portable electronics powered up, so you don't have to keep track of multiple chargers for the home and car. This handy package features an AC charger with dual USB charging ports, so you can power up to two devices simultaneously at home or your hotel room. The powerFUZE PRO also includes a USB 2.0 charge-and-sync cable that works with most docking iPod and iPhone models, including the iPod touch®.
One of the powerFUZE's USB ports detaches to become a 12-volt power plug that fits in your vehicle's cigarette lighter so you can keep one device charged in the car as you travel. The powerFUZE's AC prongs fold in for added portability, and you can use its 12-volt converter to charge powered devices with 12-volt plugs at home. At home or in your vehicle, you'll enjoy safe, reliable, and rapid charging. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the Box:
- Cigarette Lighter DC adapter (with USB jack)
- HC12V AC adapter (with cigarette lighter socket and USB jack)
- 40" Dock cable (iPod Dock connector on one end and USB Type A connector on the other)
- Instructions (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Product survey
Overview: The powerFUZE PRO USB Home/Car Charger Kit lets you charge your iPod or iPhone in the car with the cigarette lighter adapter, or in your home with the AC adapter.
Cigarette Lighter Adapter: The cigarette lighter adapter has the following features:
- Output: USB Type A female jack
- Indicator: blue LED glows when the adapter is powered
- Input: 12-24 volts DC
- Output: 5 volts DC/1A
- Size: at less than 1-7/8" long, the adapter doesn't protrude much from the cigarette lighter port
- Length: 1.809"
- Diameter: 0.94"
AC Adapter: The AC adapter has the following features:
- Folding Plug: non-polarized 2-prong plug can be folded into adapter for storage
- Outputs: USB Type A female Jack and cigarette lighter socket
- Dual Outputs: because there is a cigarette lighter socket, the included DC adapter can be plugged in to create dual USB outputs
- Indicator: blue LED that glows when the adapter is powered
- Input: 100-240 volts AC/50-60Hz
- USB Output: 5 volts DC/1A
- Socket Output: 12 volts DC/500mA
- Width: 1.895"
- Height: 2.759"
- Depth: 1.436" (plug retracted)/2.124" (plug extended)
iPod Compatibility: The powerFUZE PRO adapter is Made for iPod and Works with iPhone certified and charges the following iPod/iPhone models (as of Jan. 2010):
- iPod touch: 1st/2nd/3rd generation
- classic: 80/120/160 GB
- iPod: 4th/5th generation
- iPod nano: 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th generation
- iPod mini: 1st/2nd generation
- iPhone: iPhone/iPhone 3G/iPhone 3G S
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.