Sennheiser EW 172 G3
Wireless guitar system (556-608 MHz, "G" band)
Our take on the Sennheiser EW 172 G3 by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Experience, innovation, and German engineering
Sennheiser has manufactured microphones and audio equipment for almost 70 years. Their years of experience and innovation combine with German engineering to create audio solutions that offer superb performance and exceptional reliability.
Sennheiser designed the EW 172 G3 to give you wireless freedom while keeping the sound you've worked hard to attain. The system includes a receiver, a bodypack transmitter, and a cable to connect the guitar and the bodypack. There's also a guitar tuner that operates in the display, a five-band EQ, and a cable emulator feature which allows you to simulate the effect of various lengths of guitar cable on the tone of the guitar. And for five-string bassists, the system offers frequency response down to 25 Hz.
The bodypack transmitter runs for up to eight hours on two AA batteries, and also operates with the BA 2015 rechargable battery pack. You can recharge the battery pack while it's in the transmitter using Sennheiser's L 2015 charger (battery pack and charger sold separately). Four-stage battery indicators monitor your battery's charge level.
You love the freedom of music. Now give yourself the freedom of wireless.
- wireless guitar system with bodypack transmitter and single-channel receiver
- integrated guitar tuner
- built-in 5-band EQ
- cable emulator simulates effect of cable length on tone
- includes cable to connect guitar and bodypack
- transmitter and receiver displays monitor battery life
- Auto-Lock feature prevents accidental setting changes
- XLR and 1/4" receiver outputs
- frequency response: 25-18,000 Hz
- receiver: 8-3/8"W x 1-3/4"H x 8"D
- transmitter: 3-1/4"H x 2-1/2"W x 1"D
- receiver: 2 lbs.
- transmitter: 5-3/4 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee