Sennheiser HD 660 S
Open-back over-ear headphones
Sennheiser HD 660 S - Includes cable with balanced 4.4mm headphone plug (the new industry standard for balanced headphone operation)
Our take on the Sennheiser HD 660 S by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
A classic revisited
Many of my Crutchfield co-workers credit Sennheiser's legendary "HD 600" series as their gateway into the world of truly high-end personal audio. These HD 660 S headphones keep the spirit of their stellar predecessors alive. But they feature a tweaked design and completely revamped driver system. The result is a smooth, timeless look and — more importantly — even greater musical detail. When paired with a high-performance headphone amp, you get clear, spacious sound with low distortion.
- over-the-ear design
- open-back, metal mesh covered ear cups for spacious and transparent sound
- latest model in Sennheiser's legendary HD600 series headphones
- streamlined design with timeless matte black finish
- we recommend a separate headphone amplifier for proper power and the best possible sound
- large dynamic drivers angled to create a more natural listening experience and a wider soundstage
- cutting edge transducer design for tightly controlled diaphragm movement
- diaphragm lined with stainless steel mesh for even airflow
- lightweight aluminum voice coils ensure accuracy and fast transient response
General Info and Specs:
- snug, cushioned fit
- generous velour ear pads and soft headband padding
- specially tuned 9-foot oxygen-free copper cable with balanced 4.4mm headphone plug
- connects to the Sennheiser HDV 820 headphone amp
- 9-foot oxygen-free cable with unbalanced 1/4" headphone plug
- includes 3.5mm mini plug adapter
- storage box
- frequency response: 10-41,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- sensitivity: 98 dB
- impedance: 150 ohms
- weight: 9.2 oz. (without cable)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear headphones with 10' audio cable (1/4" plug)
- 9" Adapter (1/4"-to-3.5mm)
- 10' Balanced audio cable (4.4mm Pentaconn)
- Hinged storage box
- Instruction manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.252" x 4.288"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||10-41k Hz|
|Sensitivity||(SPL) 104 dB|
|Cord Length||120" + 120|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Sennheiser HD 660 S high-end headphones feature an open design to give you an exceptionally natural, spatial, and accurate sound. Unlike closed, noise-isolating earcups, the HD 660 S's earcups have a specialty steel mesh, molded to the natural shape of the acoustic chamber, to provide an open environment. The HD 660 S features new, lower-impedance drivers with extremely light aluminum voice coils. The transducers are matched within +/- 1dB tolerances for consistent sound. The headphones come with two 10' cables, one with the new 4.4mm balanced connector, and a hinged storage box.
Angled Transducers: The HD 660 S has angled transducers to resemble the perfect positioning of a pair of reference monitors to put you in the center of the sweet spot. The ear cups are elliptical to follow the shape of the outer ear, with plush, velour-covered padded ear cushions for hours of listening comfort.
Headphone Cables: The HD 660 S comes with two interchangeable, 10-foot cables. One cable has a full-sized 1/4" plug. A 1/4"-to-3.5mm adapter is included for listening to portable devices. The other cable (also 10') is terminated with a new 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced connection that can be used with some high-end digital audio players (such as the Sony TA-ZH1ES) and headphone amplifiers (including the Sennheiser HDV 820). Both cables are constructed with OFC copper (oxygen-free copper) with its high conductivity for best signal transfer. The cable's outer jacket is coated to greatly reduce handling noise.
Storage Box: The HD 660 S has a sturdy, hinged box with cut-out foam padding for storage of your headphones and attached cable.
- Frequency Response: 10-41kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 150Ω
- Sound Pressure Level (1 kHz/1V): 104dB
- THD + N (1kHz/100dB): <0.04%
- Maximum Input Power: 500mW
- Weight: 9.2 ounces (w/o cable), 12.5 ounces (w/cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
reviews [ PETER Jan 30, 2018 ]