Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sennheiser HDR 170
Extra headset for RS 170 wireless headphone system
Item # 143HDR170 | MFR # HDR170
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sennheiser HDR 170 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Add an extra HDR 170 headset (or even two or three) to your Sennheiser RS 170 wireless headphone system and share the fun. Its closed-back, over-the-ear design helps reduce outside noise and prevent sound leakage, while Kleer® wireless technology serves up uncompressed audio that rivals wired headphone performance. Soft leatherette earpads and headband cushions make it comfortable to wear for hours.
The HDR 180s and 170s are my go to wireless headphones. The 170s are better for when I want to block everything out, the 180s are a bit more comfortable but have sound leakage and do not noise cancel (which is a pro and a con depending on environment).
Navy Vet, New Jersey
What's in the Box:
- HDR-170 Wireless over-ear headset
- 2 "AAA" Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (1.2V/750 mAh)
- Quick guide (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ German/ Italian/ Dutch/ Japanese/ Russian/ Polish/ Turkish/ Simplified Chinese/ Traditional Chinese/ Korean/ Indonesian)
- add-on headset for use only with Sennheiser's RS 170 wireless headphone system (sold separately)
- up to four headsets can be used with a single transmitter
- RF wireless receiving range: up to 260 feet
- Kleer uncompressed audio transmission for interference-free reception and high-fidelity sound
- power on/off and volume control on headset
- automatic pairing to transmitter for hassle-free operation
- frequency response: 18-21,000 Hz
- headphones use 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries (included)
- requires transmitter/base-station from RS 170 system for use
- weight: 7.6 oz. (without batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sennheiser HDR 170 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The HDR 170 is an additional (or replacement) headset for the Sennheiser RS 170 wireless headphone system (item number 143RS170, sold separately). The closed back, over-ear design helps keep external noise out.
Kleer Wireless Transmission Technology: The RS 170 headphone system features the digital wireless audio transmission technology from Kleer. Kleer technology transmits uncompressed audio up to 260 feet over a 2.4 GHz digital link (2.4-2.8GHz), enabling you to enjoy your music without the hassle of cables. Kleer's uncompressed digital wireless transmission delivers CD-quality sound.
Note: Kleer technology will not interfere with wireless networks or other 2.4 GHz devices.
Batteries: Power for the headset is provided by two rechargeable Ni-MH "AAA" batteries (included) that fit into compartments in the headset. The batteries are recharged using the charger included with the RS 170 system. Fully charged batteries have an operating time of approximately 24 hours and require approximately 16 hours to recharge.
Bass Boost & Surround Sound: The HDR 170 features selectable Dynamic Bass Boost to deliver deep bass response. It also features selectable Surround Sound simulation for a private movie theater experience.
Auto Power Off: If there is no signal from the transmitter for more than 5 minutes, the headphones automatically switch to standby mode.
Controls (on the right earcup):
- Volume: volume up/down
- Multi-Function: turn the headphones on/off, set to multi-user operation, mute, and associate with the transmitter
- Surround: activate/deactivate 3D surround sound
- Bass: activate/deactivate the dynamic bass boost function
- Reception Frequency: 2.4-2.48 GHz
- Modulation: MSK Digital
- Frequency Response: 18-21,000 Hz
- Maximum SPL: 110 dB
- Weight: 7.6 oz (without batteries)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.