Sennheiser ME66/K6P Combo
Shotgun microphone with phantom power module
Our take on the Sennheiser ME66/K6P Combo by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
The Sennheiser ME66 shotgun microphone is the audio equivalent of a tack-sharp zoom lens on your camera. With high sensitivity and low on-board self-noise, it's designed to give you realistic, full-bandwidth frequency response from audio sources that might not be particularly close to you. A super-cardioid pickup pattern means you won't be hearing any noise interference from directions off-axis from where you point the mic.
The K6P powering module is designed to power the mic from external 12 - 48V phantom power only, like that provided by many camcorders and mixers. It terminates in a 3-pin XLR jack for easy professional-level connections.
- designed for use with K6 (not included) or K6P (supplied) powering modules
- K6P module is powered by external 12 - 48V phantom power only
- K6P module terminates in a 3-pin male XLR connector
- super-cardioid pattern rejects off-axis noise and lets you focus on sounds from your on-screen subject
- low inherent self-noise for clean sound pickup
- wide frequency response for faithful reproduction of varying sound sources
- mic: 15/16" in diameter x 8-3/4" long
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- ME66 Directional microphone
- K6P Powering Module
- MZQ 200 Microphone Clamp
- Hard plastic case
- Instructions for Use (microphone)
- Instructions for Use (powering module)
- Document of Warranty (microphone)
- Document of Warranty (powering module)
Overview: The Sennheiser ME66 microphone is a high quality directional microphone, designed for use with professional camcorders. This ME66 combo includes the K6P Powering Module, the MZQ 200 microphone clamp, and a hard plastic storage case.
ME66: The ME66 is designed for use for reporting, film, and broadcast applications. Its super-cardioid directional pattern can pickup quiet signals in noisy or acoustically live environments. It effectively blocks sound coming from the sides, and is sensitive to audio in the main pickup direction.
K6P: The K6P Powering Module provides power to the ME66 via 12-48V phantom power. The K6P provides a balanced microphone level output, without a transformer, through its 3-pin XLR connection. The module has a switchable bass roll-off filter. When engaged, the bass roll-off filter rejects rumble, handling, pop, and wind noises, as well as reducing the proximity effect found in close-up miking situations. The K6P simply screws into the end of the ME66, adding about 2.17" to the length of the microphone.
MZQ 200: The included MZQ 200 microphone clamp slides onto the ME66 or K6P. The clamp can be used on stands with a 3/8" thread.
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000 Hz (+/- 2.5dB)
- Pickup Pattern: Super-cardioid / lobe
- Free Field No-Load Sensitivity: 50 mV/Pa (+/- 2.5dB)
- Equivalent Sound Pressure Level: 10 dB (DIN IEC 651), 21 dB (CCIR 468-3)
- Max. Sound Pressure Level: 125 dB (A) for 1 kHz
- Weight: 2.29 ounces (3.35" with K6P)
Length: 8.688" (10.86" with K6P)
- Electrical Impedance: approx. 200Ω (bal.), approx. 100Ω (unbal.)
- Min. Terminating Impedance: 1 kΩ
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz: 0 dB
- Max. Voltage Output (no load): 2 V (corresponds to 6 dBV)
- Phantom Power: 12-48 V DC, 2 mA
- Connector: XLR-3
- Weight: 1.06 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.