Sennheiser MK 4 and Shockmount Bundle
Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone with shockmount
Our take on the Sennheiser MK 4 and Shockmount Bundle by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
For the best results with vocals
Sennheiser built the MK 4 microphone to fit the needs of both the professional studio and the home recording enthusiast. It's designed to capture vocals with exceptional fidelity, and the included MKS 4 shock mount ensures a noise-free performance when recording voices. The mic's gold-plated diaphragm is enclosed in a large capsule that's shock-mounted in a tough metal housing, so this mic will handle the occasional hard knock without a problem.
Versatile enough for other applications
You'll find the MK 4 a good choice for many other applications, especially instruments with a strong high-frequency presence like acoustic guitar, strings, and wind instruments. But this mic, with its large diaphragm and rugged construction, is equally at home with guitar amps, drums, or anything that rocks. This bundle includes the MK 4 microphone, shockmount, a mounting clamp, and a carrying pouch.
- designed for studio vocals
- condenser microphone
- large diaphragm capsule
- 24-carat gold-plated diaphragm
- internal shock mount
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 25 mV/Pa
- output impedance: 50 ohms
- weight: 485 grams
- male XLR connector
- requires 48-volt phantom power on your mixer or audio interface
- microphone clamp
- storage pouch
- warranty: 10 years on microphone and mount
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- features: 24-carat gold diaphram; shock-mounted capsule minimizes noise
- recording studio: general vocals, acoustic instruments, percussion
- frequency range: 20-20,000 Hz
What's in the Box:
- Microphone clamp
- Shock mount
- Owner's manual (Eng / Span / Fren / Others)
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Application||For studio use|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The MK4SET is a microphone kit consisting of the Sennheiser MK4 microphone and a MKS4 suspension shock mount, which is designed to work with the MK4 mic.
- MK4 Microphone: The MK4 is a large-diaphragm true condenser, cardioid microphone for professional recordings. Featuring fine resolution and outstanding sound quality, the MK4 is easy to handle and an excellent value, making it an ideal choice for professional and home studios. It features a 1" true condenser capsule, which is internally shock-mounted, a 24-carat gold-plated diaphragm, full metal housing, and low self-noise with high maximum SPL.
- MKS4 Shock Mount: The MKS4 is a sturdy, open-ringed, metal frame with an elastic suspension that allows the MK4 mic to be positioned close to the sound source while preventing vibrations from reaching the mic.
Polar Pattern: The MK4 has a cardioid polar pattern, which has maximum sound pickup directly in front of it, slightly less pickup from the sides, and no pickup from the rear of the mic.
Connection: The MK4 provides a balanced output on a standard male, 3-pin XLR connector.
Phantom Power: Because the MK4 is a condenser mic, it requires 48 V of phantom power.
- Capsule: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 25 mV/Pa
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB
- Phantom Power: 48 V
- Connector Type: 3-pin male XLR
- Dimensions: Length - 6.674", Diameter - 2.267"
- Weight: 1.07 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Sennheiser MK 4 and Shockmount Bundle
Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone with shockmount$399.99
Samson Go Mic
Multi-pattern USB condenser
Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone$149.99
AKG C214 (Matched Pair)
Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphones$899.99