Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sennheiser MM 500-X
Bluetooth® stereo headset with aptX® high-fidelity wireless audio capability
Item # 143MM500X | MFR # 504514
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sennheiser MM 500-X by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
High-quality music and calls with Bluetooth convenience
Sennheiser's MM 500-X portable headphones are fantastic for enjoying your music and managing your phone calls without getting tangled up in cords. They feature built-in Bluetooth technology for a hassle-free wireless connection to compatible devices, such as many cell phones, laptop computers, tablets, and MP3 players. You can use the integrated volume, track skip, and call answer/end buttons built into the right earcup for convenient operation while your phone or music player remains safely in your pocket, purse, or backpack. The MM 500-X headphones also support the latest aptX technology — a sophisticated audio encoder that delivers true high-fidelity stereo sound wirelessly over Bluetooth with aptX-enabled sources.
Great comfort, sound, and versatility
The MM 500-X's over-the-ear design, soft padded cushions, and adjustable headband make them a comfortable companion for long listening sessions on the go. Their folding design makes for easy storage when you travel. Sennheiser's patented Duofol™ diaphragms provide detailed, crystal-clear sound. And just in case you need it, Sennheiser includes a cable plus an airline adapter for a direct wired connection in situations where Bluetooth isn't permitted, or you want to make use of in-seat entertainment and other wired sound sources.
I gave the product 5 mics but i feel the loudness could be a littler louder. Other than that, these headphones are perfect.
Corry, New Orleans, LA
What's in the Box:
- MM 500-X Wireless headphones
- BA 370 PX Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery pack (installed)
- Wall charging power supply
- US power plug adapter
- EU power plug adapter
- UK power plug adapter
- AU power plug adapter
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter
- Airline adapter (single female 3.5mm-to-dual male 3.5mm)
- 50" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and proprietary USB on the other end)
- 5' Audio cable (male 3.5mm miniplug on one end and male 2.5mm sub-miniplug on the other end)
- Zippered storage pouch
- Instruction Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
- Compliance statement
- portable, folding, over-the-ear design
- padded, closed earcups and adjustable headband
- Bluetooth® wireless operation with advanced aptX audio circuitry for streaming high-quality stereo sound from aptX-enabled devices
- built-in microphone and wireless earcup controls for hands-free conversations using compatible Bluetooth cell phones
- integrated controls on the right earcup for track, volume, and answer/end call functions
- rechargeable lithium-polymer battery included
- single battery charge gives you:
- up to 20 hours Bluetooth talk time
- up to 10 hours Bluetooth listening time
- advanced Duofol drivers for outstanding sound quality
- frequency response 15-22,000 Hz
- 60" detachable audio cable with stereo mini plug included for wired listening options
- airline adapter, USB charging cable, multi-country wall charging adapter, and carrying case included
- weight: 6.31 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sennheiser MM 500-X Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.909" x 3.263"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||15-22k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Sennheiser MM 500-X headphones are an accessory that allows you to enjoy your digital music files on your mobile phone or portable music device, including those equipped with Bluetooth technology. The MM 500-X can be used wirelessly, or in places where Bluetooth isn't available, you can plug them in and use them as wired headphones.
Bluetooth Wireless Reception/Transmission: The MM 500-X features Bluetooth v2.1 wireless reception and transmission with a built-in microphone for cable-free use with select Bluetooth enabled phones and audio devices. Supported Bluetooth profiles include A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile), HSP (HeadSet Profile), and HFP (Hands-Free Profile). The MM 500-X saves the connection profiles of the last eight devices with which it was paired; when turned on it automatically tries to connect with one of those devices.
Note: Not all Bluetooth enabled audio devices will be compatible.
apt-X: The MM 500-X headphones are equipped with apt-X, an audio coding technology that works within Bluetooth to wirelessly deliver CD-quality audio from your portable music device to the headphones. With apt-X, you can listen to your digital music files in crisp, pure, and full stereo sound. The following 3rd party devices / configurations have built-in apt-X support (as of 7/18/2012):
- Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion Operating Systems
- Apple Mac Mini (latest generation with latest OS update)
- Apple Macbook Air (latest generation with latest OS update)
- Apple Macbook (latest generation with latest OS update)
- Arcam Wireless Bluetooth DAC
- Burmester 113 DAC
- Creative Zen X-Fi3
- Creative Ziio Tablet 7 inch
- Creative Ziio Tablet 10 inch
- HTC One X
- HTC One S
- HTC One V
- Motorola Razr
- Motorola Razr Maxx
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7.0 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7.7
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- Sharp Aquos Phone SH-06NERV
- Sharp Aquos Phone SH-07D
- Sharp Aquos Phone ISW16SH
- Sharp Aquos Phone SH-09
Earcups: The MM 500-X features a comfortable, over-the-ear design that let you enjoy long listening sessions while on the move. The closed design helps to provide superb passive noise attenuation. The fully-adjustable headband allows you to find the perfect fit.
Controls: On the right ear-cup there are integrated controls for your connected phone or audio device. Audio controls include volume, skip forward or backward, fast forward or rewind within a song, play, and stop. Phone controls include volume, accept call, reject call, end call, redial, voice dial, and mute.
Note: All control functions must also be supported by the connected device.
Battery Pack: The MM 500-X has a removable BA 370 PX Lithium-Polymer battery pack (3.7 volts DC/1 Wh) which provides up to 10 hours playback using Bluetooth reception. A power supply with US, UK, European, and Australian plug adapters is included to charge the battery pack; charging time is approximately three hours. The headphones can also be charged using a computer's USB port.
Collapsible Design: These headphones feature a collapsible design with metal-reinforced headband to ensure portability and durability.
Cord & Adapter: The MM 500-X will also work as wired headphones, useful when Bluetooth connection is not an option. The headphones come with a 60" mini-jack cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector for a wired connection. A 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter, and an in-flight audio adapter (dual mono 3.5mm) are included for added convenience.
Carrying Case: A nylon carrying case is included to protect the headphones during storage or transport.
Specifications: The MM 500-X has the following specs:
- Frequency Response: 15-22kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 590 Ω active mode; 100 Ω passive
- SPL (1 kHz/1 Volt): 107 dB
- THD (1 kHz): < 0.1%
- Connectors: 3.5mm, 3.5mm-to-1/4" adapter, 3.5mm double mono plug in-flight adapter
- Weight: 6.31 ounces (179 grams)
- Version: 2.1 + EDR
- Range: up to 33' (10 meters)
- Transmission Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Transmission Power: 8 dBm
- Profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP
- Codec: SBC, apt-X
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
The Sennheiser MM 500-X I received from Crutchfield included both the 1/8" jack for smartphone/tablet devices and the "fat" jack commonly used for home theater equipment. The "fat" headphone jack screws onto the 1/8" jack and works well when connected to my DENON surround sound receiver. I use the 500-X headphones most often as a Bluetooth connection to my iPhone and iPad. The Bluetooth pairing was simple. If you are specifically asking if the Sennheiser MM 500-X can be connected directly to your TV, I don't know of any TV's equipped with a female headphone outlet to accept the jack. [ RJ Jan 08, 2014 ]
Nope [ Arti Jan 08, 2014 ]
No there is not any docking station available for wireless functionality. The only way you can listen from TV via wired connection from your TV Aux/headphone jack. [ Kinjalkumar Jan 08, 2014 ]