Overview: The Sennheiser RS 5000 Digital Wireless TV
headphones enhance your TV watching experience by providing clear, intelligible
audio of your favorite programs. The RS 5000 includes a docking station (TR
5000), a "stethoset" receiver (RR 5000), digital and analog connecting cables,
and an extra pair of ear pads.
RR 5000: With a range of up to 200 feet, the RR 5000
wireless "stethoset" receiver allows you to move around freely while you watch
TV. The headset receiver automatically turns on/off when you put it on and take
it off. It has a built-in Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery (3.7V, 350mAh)
with a typical operating time of up to 12 hours. The RR 5000 features
replaceable silicone rubber ear pads, available in two sizes for the proper fit.
The "stethoset" receiver has an on-board volume control and Speech
TR 5000: The TR 5000 docking station and transmitter charges
the RR 5000 headset in approximately 3 hours. You can connect an audio source,
such as your TV or home stereo, using the supplied optical digital (Toslink) or
analog cables (3.5mm). The included AC adapter has four interchangeable power
plug adapters (North America, Europe, Great Britain, and Australia), allowing
you to use the RS 5000 system most anywhere in the world. The TR 5000 lets you
check the charging status of a docked receiver, as well as the remaining charge
of a paired receiver when it is turned on.
Settings: The RS 5000 offers several settings for tailoring
your listening experience to your individual tastes or needs:
- Hearing Profiles: The hearing profiles change the sound
of the audio signal to improve speech intelligibility by using compression,
and boosting/attenuating certain frequencies. Using the keypad on the
transmitter, you can choose from the following profiles:
- Hearing Profile 1: Low frequency tones are slightly
boosted to provide a warm sound. High frequency sounds are reduced to
make them less piercing.
- Hearing Profile 2: High frequencies are strongly
boosted to give you a crystal-clear sound.
- Hearing Profile 3: Low frequencies are lowered to
prevent them from overpowering the high frequencies.
- Speech Intelligibility Function: The Speech
Intelligibility function automatically detects and reduces unwanted
background noise to make speech easier to understand. The Speech
Intelligibility button is located on the headset. A status LED on the
transmitter will glow blue when the function is activated. Speech
Intelligibility can be used in combination of any of the three Hearing
- Balance: You can adjust the left/right balance of the
headset using the L and R buttons on the transmitter.
Pairing Multiple Receivers: Up to four RR 5000 "stethoset"
receivers can be simultaneously paired to the transmitter. When more than one
receiver is paired, you can not adjust the balance, nor will the remaining
charge status and hearing profile be displayed on the transmitter.
RS 5000 System:
- Carrier Frequency: 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz
- Modulation: 8-FSK Digital
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- Analog Input: typ. 85 dBA at 1 Vrms
- Digital Input: > 90 dBA
- RF Output: Max 10 dBm
- Audio Latency: < 60 ms
- Transmission Range: Up to 200 feet (line of sight)
RR 5000 Headset:
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz to 16 kHz
- Max SPL: 125 dB at 1 kHz, 3% THD
- THD: < 0.5% at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- Battery: Operating Time: up to 12 hours; Charging Time:
up to 3 hours
- Dimensions: Width 4.01" Height 10.433" Depth 0.91"
- Weight: 2.2 ounces
TR 5000 Transmitter:
- Digital Input:
- Optical (Toslink):
- Supported Data Stream: PCM 32kHz to 96kHz / 16
- Analog Input: 3.5mm stereo
- Dimensions: Width 1.95" Height 1.63" Depth 10.604"
- Weight: 8.2 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.