Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Wireless indoor pan-and-tilt surveillance camera with intercom (White)
Item #: 146IP300W
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Polaroid IP-300 by Crutchfield's David Brown
Home surveillance from your smartphone
Wish you could keep an eye on your home while you're away? With the Polaroid IP-300 you can monitor any room in your house for peace of mind, whether you're at work or out of town. This easy-to-use camera can be mounted on a ceiling or wall or simply rest on a desk. Once it's connected to your home network, you can control its wide-angle pan and tilt functions remotely from a computer or mobile device to check in on your kids or make sure all is safe and sound. And because you can't spend all day on watch, rely on the camera's motion detection feature, which automatically sends you an email complete with a still shot of the room the moment motion is detected. The IP-300's lens features night vision capability and an IR filter, to ensure that your get a clear view of your home in any lighting.
Motion detection with instant email alerts
The IP-300's motion detection feature automatically performs two important functions. First, the camera starts recording when motion is detected. Simultaneously, it notifies you via email and starts beeping to alert family members who are home and scare off intruders. Or if you want a more robust alarm, connect this camera to your compatible home security system. Motion detection also features a sensitivity setting to help prevent false alarms.
"Excuse me, but the police are on their way."
If you're monitoring this camera with a computer using Internet Explorer, you can take advantage of the IP-300's two-way intercom. The built-in microphone transmits audio from the room to your computer. And with the Talk feature and built-in speaker, you can broadcast to anyone in the room where the camera is located. There's even an audio output for connection to an optional separate speaker, to ensure your voice is as loud and clear as you want it to be.
What's in the Box:
- Wireless surveillance camera (white)
- Mounting bracket
- AC adapter with attached 59" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2A)
- 5' Ethernet cable
- 4 Flathead screws
- 3 Screw anchors
- Software CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
- Warranty sheet
- real-time audio and video streaming and recording accessible via smartphone, tablet, or computer web browser
- wide viewing angle with remote control pan (320 degrees) and tilt (120 degrees)
- IR filter on camera lens for better image clarity in a variety of lighting conditions
- Patrol mode continually pans and tilts camera for complete surveillance
- motion detection with automatic email alerts, video and audio recording, and optional alarm
- 10 motion detection settings to prevent false alarms
- two-way intercom system (requires microphone and speaker on remote computer, only accessible through Internet Explorer)
- adjustable frame rate, resolution, contrast, brightness, and camera mobility speed
- monitor and control camera movement from computer (web browser) or mobile device (app for Apple and Android)
- infrared night vision capability
- built-in microphone and speaker for two-way intercom
- audio output and microphone input for connecting optional external speaker and mic for use with intercom (not required)
- input/output pins for connecting to external alarm systems
- mounts on wall or ceiling
- requires a connection to your wireless or wired home network (Wi-Fi antenna and network cable included)
- requires computer for initial software installation and some settings (compatible with Apple® and Microsoft operating systems, as well as Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox browsers)
- for indoor use only
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Polaroid IP300 Wireless Surveillance Camera can provide 24-hour security for your home or business. It can be placed on a tabletop or shelf, or mounted to a ceiling or wall using the included bracket. It connects to your home network and the Internet via Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b/g) or network cable. Up to 9 cameras can be monitored at once on the LAN.
Lens: The IP300 has a viewing angle of up to 69° so you can view the whole room. Its built-in IR Cut Filter gives you clearer images in any light.
Video: The IP300 can transmit clear video images into the Cloud, so they can be monitored from most any digital device, including your smartphone, tablet, or computer. The camera has a 1/4" CMOS image sensor with 300,000 pixels. The video is transmitted at up to 30 frames per second with Motion JPEG compression. You can customize the camera's frame-rate, image resolution, contrast, brightness, and camera mobility speed. The camera has night vision capability to allow you to monitor in dark or low light situations.
P/T (Pan/Tilt) Control: You can control the camera from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to pan or tilt so you can "look" around the room. The camera can pan from side-to-side up to 320°, and tilt up and down up to 120°. You can set up continuous-motion scanning for automatic horizontal and vertical surveillance.
Motion Detection: The IP300 can detect motion and will sound an alarm and send you an email with a picture. Each time an alarm is triggered, 6 snapshots, taken at a chosen interval, will be sent via email. You can also set the camera to record video when the alarm goes off. The motion sensitivity can be set to a level between 1 (low) and 10 (high).
Intercom: The camera features an intercom system that allows two-way communication between the camera and your monitoring location. The camera has a built-in microphone on the front and a built-in speaker so you can communicate with others. There are also 3.5mm minijacks for connecting an external microphone and speaker.
ActiveX Software: The camera comes with ActiveX and IP Camera Tool software on CD-ROM for initial setup and configuration. The software is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7, as well as Mac OS X 10.3 - 10.6.6.
Browser Compatibility: The IP300 can be used with many of the most popular internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
Smart Device Compatibility: The IP camera is designed to support control and full video access via apps for most smartphones and 3G phones, including iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.