Garmin Delta® XC
Remote-controlled dog training collar system
Our take on the Garmin Delta® XC by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The included remote gives you complete control of the Garmin Delta XC from up to 1/2 mile away.
An obedient dog is a safe dog
Many owners cite behavioral issues as a reason to surrender a dog to a shelter. Our goal is to keep your dog safe and by your side for the long haul, and the Garmin Delta XC can help. The collar device is controlled by a handheld remote control with a 1/2 mile range, and it can administer three types of correction: audible tone, vibration, or static stimulation.
What's up with static stimulation?
Many of us — me included — aren't totally comfortable with the idea of using electrical correction on our beloved pets. As such, I decided to try these devices on myself before I wrote about them. The Delta XC has 18 levels of stimulation, which you can set to be momentary, or last as long as you hold down the remote button.
The lowest setting is a light tingle — kind of a mild wake-up call. The higher levels felt more like the times I'd bashed the funny bone in my elbow a little too hard. It wasn't a pleasant sensation, I didn't find it really painful.
My final take is: If your dog is stubborn and gets himself into dangerous situations like running toward the road or showing aggression when he shouldn't, static correction is a safe and effective way to deter him from those detrimental behaviors and keep him by your side.
- durable, waterproof dog training device with handheld remote
- device fits dog collars up to 3/4"
- 3 modes of remote-controlled correction:
- 18 levels each of momentary or continuous static stimulation
- audible warning tone
- attention-getting vibration
- 3 correction configurations for different behavioral issues
- 1/2 mile remote control range
- train up to three dogs with the same device
- powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- device dimensions: 2-5/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 1-1/2"D
- device weight: 2.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
1 question already asked
Hi Andrew. We reached directly to Garmin and they said as long as the dog is not a "tea-cup" size it should work wonderfully. [ Jeff Oct 20, 2017 ] Staff