Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Garmin GPSMAP 62stc
Handheld GPS navigator with camera
Item #: 15062STC
This item is no longer available.
Garmin GPSMAP 62stc
Our take on the Garmin GPSMAP 62stc by Crutchfield's Dominic Devito
Picture yourself on the trail
Garmin's GPSMAP 62stc handheld GPS features a built-in camera, so you can capture the highlights of your outings. It also offers TOPO 100K maps of the entire U.S. and Puerto Rico, allowing you to explore to your heart's content. A preloaded worldwide shaded basemap helps orient you to your surroundings, and its electronic compass and barometric altimeter make it easy to get your bearings. Its rugged waterproof housing keeps your investment safe. Want to share your coordinates with others? The GPSMAP 62st lets you transmit data wirelessly with compatible devices, and it supports geocaching GPX files for downloadable adventures without wasting paper.
Document your explorations
With the GPSMAP 62stc's built-in 5 megapixel autofocus camera, you'll be able to capture the highlights of your outings. Each photo is automatically geotagged with the location of where it was taken, allowing you — or those you share your photos with — to easily navigate back to that spot in the future. The 2.6" color screen on the GPSMAP 62stc lets you check out your maps and photos easily, even in direct sunlight.
Location, location, location
The GPSMAP 62sts features a quad helix antenna and sensitive GPS receiver so it'll find you in a hurry and lock on to your position. You'll be covered in deep canyons and under thick foliage, or even when surrounded by skyscrapers. The handheld's 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter help keep you on course.
Add maps with ease
The GPSMAP 62stc offers 3.5 GB of onboard memory, so you can download additional topo, marine, and road maps with ease. It'll also accept maps via microSD™ card. You can even employ BirdsEye Satellite imagery with your optional subscription, allowing you to download satellite images to the GPSMAP 62stc and integrate them into your maps. Garmin's Custom Maps feature lets you transform your old paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps you can transfer to the handheld, for extra backup.
Explore more online
Register with Garmin Connect online and you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your handheld from your computer. You can also check things out through Google Earth, or explore trails blazed by other Garmin Connect users worldwide. You can even link to your social media accounts and share the fun. Garmin's free BaseCamp software lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks, as well as plan trips that you can share — all on your computer.
- handheld GPS with built-in 5-megapixel autofocus camera
- battery charger, carabiner clip, and USB cable included
- requires 2 "AA" NiMH batteries (included) for up to 16 hours of battery life
- 2.6" color (160 x 240 pixels) TFT display
- IPX7 waterproof design (can withstand immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes)
- 3.5 GB memory
- TOPO 100K topographic maps of the entire U.S. and Puerto Rico
- worldwide basemap
- electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- allows 2,000 waypoints/favorites/locations and up to 200 routes
- track log allows 10,000 points and 200 saved tracks
- microSD card slot
- picture viewer with photo navigation to geotagged photos
- allows custom points of interest
- allows paperless geocaching
- compatible with Garmin Custom Maps
- compatible with Garmin Connect
- compatible with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (requires optional subscription)
- allows wireless unit-to-unit data transfer with compatible devices
- 2-7/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 9.3 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee