Garmin Approach Z80
Golf laser rangefinder with GPS
Our take on the Garmin Approach Z80 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Manage your Game
A duffer hits the ball. A scratch player manages the course. To play your best, you should take into account yardage, obstacles, pin position, and the lay of the land before you address the ball. Garmin's Approach Z80 laser rangefinder helps you do all of that. It'll give you a wealth of information to help you make better decisions on the course.
Approach Z80's laser rangefinder is the most accurate available, but the Z80 does a lot more. When you look in the display, you'll see a full-color view plus a 2-D view of the hole you're playing, complete with distances to the front and back of the green. Activate the rangefinder and you'll get an accuracy of within 10" to the pin. Now it's up to you to hit it stiff.
Easy to use
Approach Z80 boasts image stabilization and a flag finder feature that makes it easy to find the range to the flag. The view shows the hole at up to 6X magnification in crisp detail.
The PlaysLike Distance feature takes the guesswork out of uphill and downhill shots, by providing adjusted yardages that take elevation changes into account. You'll never be stuck guessing which club to hit. When you're teeing off, the Laser Range Arc feature draws an arc on the course map that lets you know which hazards are in play. And don't worry about blind shots — the PinPointer feature shows you the direction of the green, no matter where you are.
- laser range finder with GPS
- full color OLED display
- 2-D course maps display in rangefinder
- preloaded with over 41,000 courses worldwide
- PlaysLike Distance corrects for upslopes and downslopes
- carrying case with carabiner included
Range Finder Features:
- laser range to flag: 350 yards
- laser accuracy: plus or minus 10"
- 6X magnification
- Flag Finder with visual confirmation of target lock
- image stabilization
- laser range arc displays on map
- distances to hazards and layups
- distances to front, center, and back of green
- drive distance arc
- PinPointer shows lines up pin direction from blind spots
- 3.1"H x 4.8"D x 1.7"W
- weight: 8 oz.
- water rating: IPX7
- battery life: 15 hours, rechargeable via USB (cable included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee