Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Garmin Forerunner 10
GPS running watch (Violet)
Item # 150FR10V | MFR # 010-01039-17
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Garmin Forerunner 10 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Every second counts
If you're going to invest the time in a running program, why not get the most out of your sweat and toil? Most experts and coaches agree that monitoring and recording your training time and miles is one of the keys to improving your performance and your health. Garmin's Forerunner 10 GPS running watch may be the perfect tool to meet your needs. The FR 10 doesn't record heart rate — you'll need to step up to the Forerunner 210 or better for that — but if you're just beginning your exercise program, or want a simple, no-frills watch, this watch may be just what you need.
Track your miles, pace, and more
The 10's impressively accurate GPS receiver keeps careful track of your mileage and time, for real-time and post-training data on your pace. Forerunner10's virtual pacer keeps you at the speed you desire for your workout, and the auto lap feature tracks lap times when you're on a known circuit or running track.
Save and share your workouts
Need to look up your best time on the neighborhood 5-mile loop? Garmin's online training journal, Garmin Connect, will keep track. You can download all your workouts to Garmin Connect, so you'll have a record of what you've done. And you can share your workouts too, when you want to let all your friends know how much progress you're making in meeting your goals.
Just what expected. Very easy to setup and use.
angelo, Puerto Rico
What's in the Box:
- GPS runners watch
- Charging cradle (w/ attached 40" USB cable)
- Quick Start Manual
- Important Safety/Product Information booklet
- GPS running watch with illuminated display
- 1" monochrome (55 x 32 pixel) LCD screen
- water-resistant to 50 meters
- built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery allows up to 5 weeks of use in power save mode and 5 hours in training mode
- compatible with Garmin Connect
- AutoLap, AutoPause, calorie calculator
- USB data transfer and charging clip
- 1-7/8"W x 5/8"D x 2-1/4"H
- weight 1.5 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Garmin Forerunner 10 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Forerunner 10 GPS Runners Watch: The Garmin Forerunner 10 is a GPS running watch that tracks your distance, speed/pace and calories. It also identifies your personal records and provides motivation along the way.
Shock/Water Resistant: The Garmin Forerunner 10 is shock resistant and waterproof up to 50 meters.
Comfortable Fit: The Forerunner 10 offers a comfortable, lightweight fit and is available in sporty green, pink, or black with red accents. The black and red model has a slightly larger watch face and wider wristband. All models can be worn as a regular watch.
LCD: The Garmin Forerunner 10 features a 0.98" x 0.94" monochrome LCD screen with a resolution of 55 x 32 pixels.
Simple Display: Forerunner 10 is so easy to use, you can start your run with the press of 1 button. As you run, you can see your time and distance clearly displayed on one screen, and calories and pace on another screen. You can also customize the settings to show pace and distance on the same screen.
Training Tools: The Forerunner 10 has several simple training features.
- Virtual Pacer: Virtual Pacer is a training tool designed to help you improve your performance by encouraging you to run at the pace you set.
- Auto Lap: Auto Lap automatically marks a lap at every mile (kilometer), or you can mark laps manually. This feature is helpful for comparing your performance over different parts of an activity.
- Auto Pause: You can Auto Pause to pause the timer automatically when you stop moving. This feature is helpful if your run includes stop lights or other places where you need to stop.
- Run/Walk: The Run/walk feature is helpful if you're just starting out or your running plan includes walk breaks.
Run History: You can view your last seven running sessions directly on the Forerunner 10. Your run history displays the date, time, distance, pace calories, and lap data. When the memory is full, your oldest data is overwritten. History is not recorded while the timer is stopped or paused.
Personal Records: When you complete a run, the watch displays any new personal records you achieved during that run. Personal records include your fastest time over several typical race distances and longest run.
Garmin Connect: With a simple connection to your Mac or PC, you can upload your runs to Garmin Connect to see your run on a map, get more detail on each mile and share it with friends (all for free). You'll be even more motivated when you see your miles add up in Garmin Connect and can go back and see how you've improved from last week, last month, or last year.
- Stored Activities: After you complete and save an activity with the Forerunner 10, you can upload that activity to Garmin Connect and keep it as long as you want.
- Analyzed Data: You can view more detailed information about your activity, including and overhead map view, pace, and speed charts, and customizable reports.
- Shared Activities: You an email your activities to others, or post links to your activities on your favorite social networking sites.
Time & Date: Basic watch functions include display of time and date.
Rechargeable Battery: The Garmin Forerunner 10 features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. For typical use (GPS on 30 minutes per day), the battery life is 10 days. If used continuously with GPS on, the battery life is 5 hours. The battery can be recharged by simply plugging the watch into a free USB (type-A) port on your computer or laptop, using the supplied USB charging cable.
Optional Carrying Case: An optional carrying case (150WTCHCAS, sold separately) is available.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
I bought this for my wife and she is very pleased with the simple set up process, as well as the ease of use while on the go. Just give it a minute or two to find your location and you'll be up and running quickly! [ Howard Mar 21, 2014 ]
Very easy. Instrucrions are simple to understand. Only isuue sometimes is aquiring a GPS singnal. That is not a setup issue. [ CHRIS Mar 21, 2014 ]