Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Dynamat En-Wall Enclosure System
In-wall speaker enclosure for 4" wall (For 4" walls)
Item # 15450504 | MFR # 50504
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Dynamat En-Wall Enclosure System by Crutchfield's Amanda P.
In-wall speakers are a great option for rooms where floor space is an issue, or where you simply want a clean look. But sometimes the sound from your in-wall speakers can end up leaking into the next room. If you're enjoying a movie in the master bedroom while your kids are trying to sleep in the next room over, chances are they'll be up as late as you are. That's where Dynamat's En-wall Enclosure System comes in. It isolates your speaker and gets wall vibrations under control, for better performance and better sound isolation between rooms.
Works for both new construction and retrofits
The sound-damping materials in the En-wall Enclosure are flexible, so you can install the system in existing or new construction. Each package includes the supplies you need to isolate one in-wall speaker:
- SoundSnake bendable, multilayer barrier that wraps around the outer edges of the speaker
- DynaXorb back-wave foam installs on the drywall behind your speaker to eliminate back-wave noise and distortion
- Dynamat Xtreme self-adhesive vibration damping sheets for applying directly to inner drywall surfaces
What's in the Box:
- One 1.5" x 3.5" x 54" SoundSnake with Dynil
- Four 6" x 6" DynaXorbs
- One 12" x 18" Dynamat Xtreme
- Two 4" x 10" Dynamat Xtremes
- Instructions/Specifications sheet
- reduces the amount of sound and vibration passing through the walls to adjacent rooms
- helps your in-wall speaker project clearer sound
- includes materials for a single speaker:
- Dynamat Xtreme vibration damping material: one 12" x 18" sheet and two 4" x 10" sheets
- DynaXorb back-wave foam: four 6" x 6" sheets
- flexible SoundSnake: one piece measuring 1.5" x 3.5" x 54"
- SoundSnake is UL-rated
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: En-Wall Enclosure Systems significantly reduce wall vibration, projects more clear sound into the room, & reduces unwanted noise transfer through walls. En-Wall combines Dynamat Xtreme, DynaXorb, & the SoundSnake to damp, diffuse, & decouple in-wall speakers. En-Wall encases in-wall speakers creating an optimal acoustic environment for delivering premium sound quality.
- Dynamat Xtreme: Dynamat Xtreme helps to dampen wall vibration. Dynamat Xtreme is a very thin, light-weight, constrained-layer vibrational damper. Dynamat Xtreme has a self adhesive peel & stick backing with a high level of tack that conforms & fuses easily to drywall.
- DynaXorb: DynaXorb is a black, energy absorbing, & sound diffusing advanced polymer square. Dynaxorb eliminates speaker back-wave noise & distortion. Dynaxorb eliminates back-wave speaker distortion that colors sound & confuses imaging by using a combination of energy absorbent material & the technology known as "faceting".
- SoundSnake: The SoundSnake is a two-layer acoustic decoupler which consists of Foam & Dynil. Its designed to go around the outer edges of the in-wall speaker and between the wall-studs. The SoundSnake works to prevent unwanted noise transfer outside the room while creating an optimal acoustic environment in the room.
Note: The En-Wall Enclosure System is available for 4" walls (15450504) and 6" walls (15450506).
Better Sound: In-wall speakers have to operate in spaces of every size. Long, narrow spaces create sonic cancellations. En-Wall Enclosure Systems surround in-wall speakers with optimal acoustics that smooth & balance the frequency response.
Stops Sound Migration: An in-wall speaker sends the same sound at the same volume into the wall structure as it does into the theater room. This migrating sound can create annoying noise in adjacent rooms. En-Wall Enclosure Systems damp the vibration & decouple the structure. The results are dramatic. Isolating your theater room is now possible with En-Wall Enclosure Systems.
Retrofit or New Construction Installation: En-Wall Kits are designed for easy retrofit or new construction.
- Step 1: Before you start, make sure you have chosen the proper size of the En-Wall Kit based on your wall thickness (4" or 6").
- Step 2: For retrofit installation, first remove the in-wall speaker.
- Step 3: Prepare the surface by wiping the dust, dirt & debris from the area behind the in-wall speaker opening.
- Step 4: Place Dynamat Xtreme on a flat surface, and attach the DynaXorbs to the aluminum face with the provided super glue adhesive.
- Step 5: Fold the Dynamat Xtreme/DynaXorbs as needed to pass through the in-wall speaker opening.
- Step 6: Remove the release liner & attach the Dynamat Xtreme/DynaXorbs assembly to the clean drywall making sure that it adheres properly. Be careful not to drop the Dynamat Xtreme/DynaXorb in the wall cavity.
- Step 7: Slide the SoundSnake through the hole & position one end against a wall stud. Insert remainder of SoundSnake to create a rounded corner enclosure. Position the speaker wire behind the SoundSnake against the back wall. Finish by joining the ends of the SoundSnake together.
- Step 8: Install (re-install) the in-wall speaker.
- Appearance: Black butyl core with 4 mil aluminum constraining layer, self adhesive with release liner
- Mass: 0.45lb/ft²
- Adhesive Peel Strength: 42.6 lbs/1"
- Thickness: 0.067"
- Temperature Range:
- Optimal Performance: -14°F to +140°F
- Resistance: -65°F to +300°F
- Dimensions: (1) 12" x 18", (2) 4" x 10"
- Appearance: Black polymer 6" x 6" square
- Mass: 0.34 lbs per 6" square
- Rebound Resilience: <15% tensile strength
- Thickness: 1/4"
- Density: 69.6 lb/ft³
- Recommended Adhesive: Super Glue
- Dimensions: (4) 6" x 6"
- Thickness: 1.5"
- Mass: 0.16 lb/ft²
- Density: 2.0 lb/ft³
- Tensile Strength: 15 psi
- Tear Strength: 1.9
- Thermal Conductivity (R): 1.9 (Hr-ft²-deg.F/BTU)
- Standards: Meets UL94 HF-1
- Temperature Range (Resistance): -40°F to +225°F
- Appearance: Black flexi-vinyl barrier
- Color: Charcoal Gray
- STC (Sound Transmission Class): 28
- Mass: 1 lb per square foot
- Thickness: 0.09"
- Standards: Meets UL94-V0
- Chemical Resistance: Resistance to water & mineral oils
- Temperature Range (Resistance): -40°F to +220°F
Note: SoundSnake dimensions measure 1.5" (W) x 3.5" (H) x 54" (L)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.