Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sony ES TA-N9000ES
Item # 156TAN9KES | MFR # TA-N9000ES
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony ES TA-N9000ES
Of course you get the multichannel power you need for riveting home theater sound: 115 watts x 5 channels of full-bandwidth-rated Parallel Push/Pull amplification. Parallel Push/Pull design gives you four output transistors per channel the amps run cooler, for improved performance and longer life, and maintain tighter control over your speaker drivers. The N9000ES is also flexible enough to configure for 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel operation.
In addition to inputs for your home theater preamp, you get an "extra" pair of preamp inputs for high-quality hookup of an additional audio component. Sony ES touches like frame-and-beam construction keep chassis vibrations at an absolute minimum. Sony's Control A1 system lets you enjoy automatic on/off convenience with the TA-E9000ES and other compatible Sony components. Get ready for serious sound.
The TA-N9000ES is an awesome choice for your high-end home theater separates system. You'll love it no matter what multichannel preamp you choose; however, for a guaranteed high-performance match you should consider its intended companion, Sony's TA-E9000ES.
- 115 watts x 5 channels into 4 or 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.013% THD
- 5-channel, 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel operation
- Parallel Push/Pull design
- rigid, anti-resonant frame-and-beam construction
- preamp inputs for front L/R, center, and surround L/R
- extra 2-channel preamp input
- Control A1 for auto on/off with TA-E9000ES and other compatible Sony components
- 17"W x 6-7/8"H x 18"D
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
- Five channel power amplifier; 5' Control A-1 (S-Link) cord with right angle mono minijack plugs on both ends; Manual (English and French); Safeguards; Canadian and American warranty cards
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||5|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||---|
|Frequency Response||10-100k Hz|
|Bridged Power per Channel||200 x 2 + 120 x 1 watts|
|Parts Warranty||5 YEARS|
|Labor Warranty||5 YEARS|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||7|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding post|
- On/Off switch with a LED that blinks when first turned on and goes off to indicate that unit is ready. Note that when this model is used with the TA-9000ES preamplifier the LED lights in red to indicate standby
- LED indicators light to show which mode has been selected and blink if you select a mode that can't be used. There are LEDs to indicate BTL 2 channel, BTL 2+1 channel, 2 channel, 3 channel, 4 channel, 5 channel, warm up, BTL extra 2 channel or extra 2 channel modes.
- Operation Control: A rotary knob allows you to select
- 2 ch: Selects Front left and right channel outputs
- 3 ch: Selects Front left and right and Center channel outputs
- 4 ch: Selects Front left and right and Rear left and right channel outputs; when in BTL (Bridged mode) this position is BTL 2ch which will output signals input to the front or rear inputs to the Front left and right BTL speaker connections.
- 5 ch: Selects Front left and right, Center and Rear left and right channel outputs; when in BTL (Bridged mode) this position is BTL 2+1 ch which will output signals inputed to the front or rear inputs to the Front left and right BTL speaker connections and will output signals input to the center input to the center speaker jacks.
- Extra 2 ch: Any signal input to the Extra 2 channel input jacks are output from the front left and right speakers; when in BTL (Bridged mode) this position is BTL Extra 2ch which will output signals input to the Extra 2 ch inputs to the Front left and right BTL speaker connections.
- Warm up: This position is normally used instead of turning the power off to keep the circuitry warm when the unit is not being used for better sound quality when the unit is first turned on.
- S-Link (Control A-1) inputs: Two mono minijack inputs; when used with the 156TAE9KES this model will automatically go into standby mode when the preamplifier is switched to standby and turn on when the preamplifier is turned on.
- Gold plated RCA input jacks for right and left rear; center; fight and left front; and right and left extra 2 channel
- Operation switch: Can select normal for 5 channel mode or BTL for bridged mode
- Impedance switch: Can select one position for 4 ohm minimum in normal use (8 ohm minimum in bridged mode) and another position for 8 ohm minimum in normal use (16 ohm minimum in bridged mode)
- Binding posts for right and left front speakers; right and left rear speakers and center speaker. Note that they are not 5 way posts because a plastic collar prevents the use of spade lugs. In BTL (bridged) mode the Front Right and Rear Right positive speaker terminals are used to connect the right speaker and the Front Left and Rear Left positive speaker terminals are used to connect the left speaker
Parallel Push/Pull output with 4 transistors per channel
Frame and Beam construction: Maximizes chassis rigidity to reduce unwanted vibration
sf FinTM heat sink reduces resonance and vibration
Inner Monocoque chassis construction separates mounted circuits from outer chassis
Direct Ground DriveTM Power Supply Circuitry
Extra 2 CH Input: Allows you to input a stereo preamplifier and have its output amplified by the left and right channel only.
Two channel mode: 120 watts per channel minimum RMS with no more than .03% THD at 8 ohms from 250 milliwatts to rated output
BTL Mode: (8 ohms 1kHz, THD .013%): Front 200 Watts + 200 Watts; Center 120 Watts
Speaker Nominal Impedance: Front, Rear and Center - 4 to 16 ohms in Normal mode; 8 to 16 ohms in BTL (bridged) mode
Input sensitivity: 1V +/- 1 dB
Frequency response: 20-20k +/- .2dB; 10-100 kHz (+0/-3dB) at 1 watt
Power consumption: 4.5A
Note: US warranty cards states 3 years; actual Sony ES parts and labor warranty is 5 years.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.