Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sony ES TC-KA1ESA
3-head cassette deck
Item #: 156TCKA1ES
This item is no longer available.
Sony ES TC-KA1ESA
Our take on the Sony ES TC-KA1ESA
Sony's most affordable single-well ES deck, the TC-KA1ESA, reduces unwanted resonance and improves stability with a ceramic cassette holder. The two-motor design ensures stable speed and mininal wow and flutter (.055%). You also get an FET power buffer that isolates the playback head and operational amplifier. The result: an ultra-low-noise signal that lets your music shine through.
- 3-head design
- 2-motor transport
- Dolby B, C, S, HX Pro
- 30-track music search
- time counter
- frequency response (±3dB) 20-19,000 Hertz - metal tape
- signal to noise ratio 85 dB (Dolby S)
- wow and flutter 0.055%
- controllable by Sony receiver remotes
- 17"W x 4-3/4"H x 12-1/4"D
- warranty: 5 years
What's in the Box:
- Single-well cassette deck
- Two 40" stereo RCA patch cords
- Standard 1/4" gold plated headphone jack (the headphone jack provides a fixed level signal; there is no volume control for the headphone output)
- Stereo RCA jack line inputs
- Stereo RCA jack line outputs
- FET power buffer: Is a circuit positioned
between the playback head and operational amplifier. It provides a noise free signal
for better sounding output
- AMS (Automatic Music Search) track search allows you to skip up to 30 tracks
- Remote compatible with Sony Receivers
- The monitor button allows you to compare the quality of the recorded sound with the sound of the program source while recording.
- This model has a record mute function
- Memory play allows you to mark a point on the tape counter and to return to it
- Bias and recording level calibration are set
by pressing the Calibration button, pressing record to record test tones, and
adjusting the bias current and recording level calibration by using the bias knob and the recording level knob.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.