Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
32" FD Trinitron® Wega XBR® HDTV-ready TV
Item # 15832XB450 | MFR # KV32XBR450GRA
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony KV-32XBR450
Sony's HDTV-ready Hi-Scan design means you can watch breathtakingly clear 1080i HDTV broadcasts when you connect a separate HDTV tuner. Plus, the KV-32XBR450 is equipped with two wide-bandwidth Hi-Scan component video inputs, so you can connect and enjoy maximum performance from another video source, such as a progressive-scan or standard DVD player.
Naturally, the KV-32XBR450 includes the other technologies and features that make each XBR king of the Wega series: totally flat screen, advanced 3D digital comb filter with 10-bit processing, and automatic 16:9 Enhanced mode for the most accurate presentation of widescreen material like HDTV programs and anamorphic DVD movies.
Sony's Hi-Scan XBRs feature some of the most advanced signal processing circuitry available, including CineMotion 3-2 pulldown processing, which minimizes picture imperfections created when 24-frame-per-second film is converted to 30-frame-per-second video for TV viewing. (Most DVDs are originally shot on film, as are most broadcast, cable, and satellite TV programs.) CineMotion helps Sony's Digital Reality Creation Multifunction circuitry deliver progressive-scan images with enhanced detail and dimensionality on regular (NTSC) video sources especially DVD.
- Hi-Scan HDTV monitor (compatible with HDTV/SDTV formats when connected to a separate HDTV tuner and displays them at 1080i or 480p; also accepts 480p output from a compatible DVD player)
- Digital Reality Creation Multifunction (upconverts NTSC sources to 960i or 480p)
- CineMotion 3-2 pulldown processing
- 4:3 screen aspect ratio
- auto/manual 16:9 Enhanced viewing mode for HDTV and anamorphic DVDs
- 10-bit 3D digital comb filter
- Twin View Picture and Picture with Multi-Image Driver X
- Velocity Modulation Scanning (selectable)
- MTS stereo reception
- SteadySound automatic volume control
- 181-channel NTSC tuner
- Flip/joystick multibrand remote with glow-in-the-dark keys
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 4 composite video (3 rear, 1 front)
- 3 S-video (2 rear, 1 front)
- 2 rear-panel wide-bandwidth component video
(compatible with 1080i/480p/480i signals)
- 2 RF inputs for antenna/cable
- 7.5 watts x 4
- 35-3/8"W x 26-3/4"H x 22-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor, 2 years parts on the picture tube
FREE In-home delivery! Because of its large size, the KV-32XBR450 will be delivered and placed in any accessible room in your home. Delivery is available to physical addresses in the lower 48 states. (Sorry, no P.O. Boxes or freight forwarders.) Transit time is 5-7 business days once your order has been processed. Extra charges may apply for delivery after business hours or on a weekend, or if the TV must be carried up more than 5 flights of stairs.
Note: Free return shipping not available with this model.
Features and Specs
|Picture in Picture||2 Tuner|
|Audio Output Power||7.5 watts x 4|
|Parts Warranty||1 YR/CRT 2|
|Labor Warranty||1 YEAR|
|Type of Warranty Service||---|
|Footprint Width (inches)||---|
|Footprint Depth (inches)||---|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Side Panel Composite Inputs||---|
|Side Panel Component Video Inputs||---|
|Rear Composite Video Inputs||3|
|Rear Component Video Inputs||2|
|Total Video Inputs||6|
Flat Screen: Sony's flat glass panel delivers images that are virtually distortion free and helps to eliminate screen glare.
Cinemotion: This function provides an optimized display by automatically detecting film content and applying a reverse 3/2 pulldown process. Moving pictures will appear clearer and more natural-looking.
Hi-Scan 1080i Display (DTV Receiver Compatible): Two component video inputs allow you to connect an optional DTV receiver or a source with component video outputs (either standard NTSC or 480p, such as DVD players). This television is capable of receiving 1080i and 480p digital TV formats. A 1080i signal is displayed as 1080i, a 480p signal is displayed as 480p, and a 480i signal can be displayed as 480p or 960i (using Digital Reality Creation). Note: This unit is not capable of receiving or displaying a 720p format signal.
16:9 Enhanced Mode (V-Compression): This set uses a special technique that gives you maximum picture quality when using anamorphic sources, such as some DVDs. When using an anamorphic source, the height of each scanning line is compressed for 33% better resolution, giving you the benefit of all 480 scanning lines.
DRC (Digital Reality Creation): Digital Reality Creation allows you to enjoy a very high-resolution picture from any standard NTSC image by using digital processing to turn all NTSC images to 960i resolution, which is approximately 4 times the resolution of a standard NTSC image. This helps to give you a finer, more detailed picture and decrease the visibility of scanning lines by doubling the number of scanning lines and pixels per line. You can select Interlaced mode, which is recommended for moving pictures, or Progressive mode, which is recommended for still images and text.
3D Digital Comb Filter: Sony's new comb filter analyzes picture information horizontally, vertically and over time. You will get high resolution under most picture conditions. New 10-bit signal processing renders superb gray-scale gradation, resulting in superior picture detail.
Velocity Modulation Scanning: This system varies the electron beam speed to render high-contrast picture edges more effectively. You can select High, Medium, Low, or Off.
Dynamic Focus Circuitry: This system adjusts the picture during each scanning line for consistent corner-to-corner sharpness.
Multi-Image Driver: The Multi-Image Driver circuit gives you the following functions:
- Two tuner Picture-in-Picture
- Twin View: Allows you to watch two channels simultaneously, both in a reduced screen size. You can change the size of both pictures as desired, zoom in on either of the two pictures, and alternate sound between the two pictures. Note: You can display an HD source in the left Twin View frame, while displaying a standard NTSC source in the right Twin View frame. An HD source cannot be displayed in the right Twin View frame.
- Favorite Preview: This feature lets you preview programming on up to eight favorite channels in the PIP inset, while your current program continues as the main picture.
Video Mode: You can select Vivid, Standard, Movie, or Pro. The Vivid setting enhances picture contrast and sharpness. The Standard setting displays a standard picture for normal viewing environments. The Movie setting displays a finely detailed picture for low light environments. The Pro setting displays a picture with minimum enhancements.
Dynamic Acoustic Chamber Speaker System (DAC): This system has a loudspeaker enclosure that uses the shape of the television for clear, high-output bass.
Steady Sound: This feature stabilizes the volume level, preventing unwanted blasts of sound during commercials.
Sound Effects: To enhance the sound, you can select TruSurround, which adds a three-dimensional sound to stereo programs, or Simulated, which adds a surround-like effect to mono-channel programs. The sound effects can be turned off.
BBE Audio Enhancement: This feature restores audio phase to improve sound quality.
Freeze Function: This function allows you to temporarily capture a program's picture. The TV switches to Twin View mode and displays the "frozen" picture on the right, while the current program continues on the left. This function only works in normal view mode; if you are in Twin View mode already, it will not work.
V-Chip Parental Control: This allows you to limit the shows that can be viewed based on the television rating system. This system uses a user selected 4-digit password to block programs from children based on TV Ratings and contents; Movie Ratings and Unrated programs. Note that the unit has three pre-selected categories (Child, Youth, and Young Adult), or you can select the exact restrictions you want by using a Custom setting. After setting Parental Control "On", you must enter the password to view blocked programs. Note that if you forget the password you can enter the master password found in the owner's manual, which allows you to create a new password.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 45, 60, or 90 minutes.
Timers: This unit has two timers that can be set by day, time, duration, and channel.
RM-Y184 Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on other brands of A/V components, including VCRs, Laserdisc players, DVD players, cable boxes, and satellite receivers. Several controls are located under a lid that covers the top half of the remote. A joystick allows you to move the on-screen selector, making menu navigation simple and efficient. The jump, enter, volume, channel, and numeric keypad buttons glow in the dark (blue).
Front Panel Inputs (under lid):
- Video 2 Input: Stereo RCA jacks, RCA composite video jack and S-video jack
Rear Panel Inputs and Outputs:
- Video 1 Input: Stereo RCA jacks, RCA composite video jack and S-video jack
- Video 3 Input: Stereo RCA jacks, RCA composite video jack and S-video jack
- Video 4 Input: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Video 5 HD/DVD Input: Stereo RCA jacks and component video jacks (Y/Pb/Pr); component video jacks accept 1080i, 480p, and 480i input signals
- Video 6 HD/DVD Input: Stereo RCA jacks and component video jacks (Y/Pb/Pr); component video jacks accept 1080i, 480p, and 480i input signals
- Monitor Out: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Audio Output: Stereo RCA jacks that can be set to fixed or variable
- Aux Coax Input: Female RF coax input
- VHF/UHF Coax Input: Female RF coax input
- To Converter Coax Output: Female RF coax output
- Control S: Mono mini-jack input and output
Warranty Note: The picture tube has a 2 year parts warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.