Compact charger and battery for select Sony Cyber-shot® camera batteries
Our take on the Sony ACC-TRBX by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
This compact battery charging kit quickly charges Sony NP-BX1, NP-BN1, NP-BN, NP-FG1/BG1, NP-FD1/BD1/FT1, NP-FR1 and NP-BK1 batteries. An NP-BX1 battery is included in the kit.
- versatile charger is compatible with seven different Sony batteries
- includes NP-BX1 battery
- plugs directly into standard wall socket
- micro USB cable included for additional charging options
- status indicator light shows approximate battery charge
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- NP-BX1 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.6V 1240mAh 4.5Wh) in plastic case
- BC-TRX battery charger
- 40" Micro USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- Operating Instructions (BC-TRX)
- Instructions (NP-BX1)
- Important Safety Instructions
- Specifications sheet (ACC-TRBX)
- Limited Warranty sheet--US (Battery Charger)
- Consumer Warranty--Canada (Battery Charger)
- Limited Warranty--US and Canada (Battery)
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Sony ACC-TRBX Accessory Kit includes a battery charger (BC-TRX), battery (NP-BX1), and Micro USB cable. Not only does the BC-TRX charge the included battery, but it will also charge other Sony batteries, as well as other devices that charge via Micro USB.
Compatibility: The BC-TRX battery charger can charge Sony InfoLithium X, N, G, D, T, R, and K-series batteries. It should not be used to charge Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cad) or Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries. (See below for specific compatible batteries and charging times.)
Retractable AC Plugs: The Sony BC-TRX has a folding 2-prong AC plug on the back of the unit. When not in use, the prongs should be retracted to prevent damage, and for easy storage.
USB Output: The charger has a Type A USB port that can be used with the supplied USB cable to power or charge devices that have a micro USB port. A switch on the charger lets you switch between battery charge and USB power.
Charging Indicators: The BC-TRX features 4 charging status indicator lamps, so you can easily view the progress and status of your battery's charge. One LED indicates whether or not the battery is charging, and the remaining three LEDs indicate the level of the charge:
- 0 LEDs: 0-30% charge
- 1 LED: 30-60% charge
- 2 LEDs: 60-90% charge
- 3 LEDs: 90% - full charge
Charging Time: The full charging times for a completely discharged battery pack from these series are as follows:
- NP-BX1 (X-series): 135 minutes
- NP-BN1 (N-series): 90 minutes
- NP-BN (N-series): 110 minutes
- NP-BG1 NP-FG1 (G-series): 125 minutes
- NP-BD1 NP-FD1 (D-series): 130 minutes
- NP-FT1 (T-series): 130 minutes
- NP-FR1 (R-series): 190 minutes
- NP-BK1 (K-series): 180 minutes
- Input Rating: 100 - 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 11 W (power consumption)
- Output Rating:
- Battery Charge: 4.2 V DC, 860 mA
- USB Power: 5.0 V DC, 1500 mA
- Weight: 3.7 ounces
NP-BX1 Battery: The included NP-BX1 "X-Type" Lithium-ion battery (3.6V/1240mAh) is designed for use with select Sony digital cameras and camcorders:
- Cyber-shot Cameras (DSC-): H400, HX300, HX400V, HX50V, HX60V, HX80, HX90V, RX1, RX100, RX100M2, RX100M3, RX100M4, RX1R, RX1RM2, WX300, WX350, WX500
- Handycam Camcorders (HDR-): CX240, CX405, CX440, GW66V, GWP88V, MV1, PJ270, PJ275, PJ440
- Action Cams (FDR-): X1000V, AS10, AS100V, AS15, AS20, AS200V, AS30V, AS50
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I never want to be without a charged battery. [ Kevin Dec 18, 2017 ]
wanted an extra battery and external charger too insure I have a charged battery during an all day trip [ James Dec 05, 2017 ]