Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
BRAVIA® Internet Video Link
Item # 158DMXNV1 | MFR # DMXNV1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony DMX-NV1by Crutchfield's Tara W.
Watch standard- and high-definition web videos on your compatible Sony BRAVIA TV with the DMX-NV1. Connect this slim device to your home computer network via a wired Ethernet connection (cable not included), and hook it up to your television. Then you can access music videos, movie trailers, uploaded video clips, and more from compatible sites like AOL®, Yahoo!®, and Sony's Crackle, with no access fees.
Use your Sony TV's intuitive on-screen interface to browse and select the videos you want to watch. A convenient "My Page" feature lets you view local weather and news information. The 'NV1 mounts to the back of your television with an included bracket, or you can slip it discreetly into a cabinet or rack of audio/video equipment.
- displays Internet videos on a compatible Sony BRAVIA TV ("V-series," "W-series," "Z-series," XBR4, XBR5, XBR6, XBR7, and XBR8 models)
- connects to your home network via an Ethernet cable (not included)
- watch Internet video clips from sites like AOL, Yahoo!, and Sony's Crackle
- scan and select videos using your TV's on-screen Xross Media Bar (XMB) Interface
- "My Page" feature displays local news and weather, where available
- DMex interface for connection to compatible Sony BRAVIA TV
- Ethernet port
- HDMI output
- pass-through HDMI input for in-line connection between component and TV
- HDMI cable, USB/DMex cable, and TV mounting bracket included
- 6-1/2"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bravia Internet Video Link module with attached cable cover
- AC adapter with 6' DC cord
- 6' AC cord
- 5' HDMI cable
- 58" USB cable with a type-A USB connector on one end and a type-B mini-USB connector on other end
- Mounting bracket
- 2 Philips-head screws
- 2 Plastic inserts
- 2 Mounting knobs
- Quick Setup Guide
- Attachment Guide (English/Spanish/French)
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Bravia Internet Video Link Service Terms and Conditions of Use and End User License Agreement sheet
Overview: The Sony Bravia DMX-NV1 Internet Video Link lets you stream internet video to compatible Bravia HDTVs over your broadband internet connection. The compact and low-profile DMX-NV1 stays hidden behind your TV keeping your home theater setup clean and uncluttered. Using the award-winning Xross Media Bar menu system, and your TV's remote control you can intuitively browse and select online music videos, movie trailers, user-generated videos, personalized weather, traffic feeds and more with no additional download or access fees. Internet video providers include AOL, Yahoo!, and Grouper (and more as they become available).
Sony Television Compatibility: The Bravia DMX-NV1 Internet Video Link is compatible with select Sony Bravia televisions with the DMex interface.
HD Resolution: The Sony Bravia DMX-NV1 Internet Video Link supports HD resolutions (dependent upon video source) and features a fixed 1080i HDMI output so it will scale your standard or high definition internet video to 1080i.
Remote Control Operation: You will use your Sony television's IR wireless remote control equipped with the DMex button to operate the Internet Video Link receiver. If your television's remote control does not have this button, then your TV is not compatible with the DMX-NV1.
Internet Video Guide: The unit's Internet Video Guide will display a series of video thumbnails available to view on your Sony television screen. The videos are selected by the video content provider (AOL, Yahoo!, Grouper, Sony BMG Music and Sony Pictures Entertainment) and are arranged by category. As new video service partners are added they will automatically populate the unit's Internet Video Guide to expand your video choices.
Note: Your Sony television's Parental Lock feature will not block content from the DMX-NV1 receiver.
Video Playback: The unit's video playback will take a few moments to load and will start upon successful connection to the video content provider's service. the video loading status will be displayed on your television's screen. The control panel opens with a video begins and closes after five seconds of non-use. You can choose to view your downloaded videos in Actual Size or Full Screen.
My Video Links: My Video Links is a feature which allows you to save Internet videos from the Internet Video Guide for easy repeat viewing.
My Page: The Page feature powered by Yahoo! gives you quick and convenient information such as weather, traffic and news in your local area with the single click of a button.
Messages Inbox: The unit's Messages Inbox is where you will find important messages about new features, video content providers and more. The Messages Inbox lists several messages on each page. Message information shown includes the sender, the date sent, and the title of the message. You can browse through the Message Inbox or highlight a message to read in its entirety.
Broadband and Home Network Requirements: There are several ways to connect the DMX-NV1 to the Internet. You can connect it using a gaming adapter as a wireless bridge connection, using a powerline Ethernet adapter connection or using a direct router connection. Your Home Network will need to meet the following broadband and system requirements to use the DMX-NV1 Internet Video Link to stream Standard or High definition video to your compatible Sony Bravia television.
|Broadband and Home Network Requirements||Standard Definition Video||High Definition Video|
|Broadband Connection Speed||2.5Mbps recommended||10Mbps recommended|
|Home Network Connection||Wireless Game Adapter||802.11g or faster||802.11n or faster|
|Power Line Adapter||HomePlug Turbo|
HomePlug AV, UPA, HD-PLC
|HomePlug AV, UPA, HD-PLC|
|Direct Router Connection||Direct Ethernet cable to router or modem|
Connections: The DMX-NV1 utilizes the following connecting to stream internet video to your compatible Sony Bravia television.
- LAN Ethernet Port: The unit's LAN Ethernet Port connects to your PC's network device such as a router or wireless bridge. There is no Ethernet cable provided.
- DMex Port: The Internet Video Link's DMex port (mini-USB) connects to the DMex/Service input on your compatible Sony Bravia television via the supplied USB cable.
- Service Port: The Bravia Internet Vide Link may need occasional software updates for new features and product enhancements. The unit's Service Port (USB type-A) is used for software these software updates and other future capabilities.
- HDMI Output: The DMX-NV1's HDMI output connects to your compatible Sony Bravia television's HDMI input via the supplied HDMI cable.
- HDMI Input: The HDMI Input port on the front side of the receiver works as a pass-through port. This allows you to connect an external HDMI device to your TV via the DMX-NV1.
- DC In 9V: The DC In 9V port connects to the supplied AC adapter and plugs into your home's AC outlet via the supplied AC cord.
Mounting: The Internet Video Link receiver can be mounted in several ways using the supplied hardware.
- TV Mount: Using the supplied mounting bracket, the DMX-NV1 can be mounted to rear-panel of your compatible Sony Bravia television. There will be two threaded mounting holes on the rear-panel of your Sony television designed specifically to fit the Internet Video Link's mounting bracket.
- Stand Alone Horizontal Mount: In addition to mounting the DMX-NV1 to the rear panel of your Sony television, the same bracket can be used as a stand alone horizontal mounting bracket to mount the Internet Video Link receiver horizontally.
- Stand Alone Vertical Mount: The unit can also be mounted vertically using the supplied cable cover and stand.
Dimensions: The DMX-NV1 features the following measurements depending on the mounting method used to install the unit.
- TV Mount Dimensions: Width = 4.705", Height = 8.475", Depth = 1.515"
- Stand Alone Horizontal Mount Dimensions: Width = 8.475", Height = 1.515", Depth = 4.705"
- Stand Alone Vertical Mount Dimensions: Height = 8.875", Diameter = 4.345"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.