Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
5-disc carousel DVD/CD changer
Item # 158DVPN600 | MFR # DVP-NC600B
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony DVP-NC600
Load Sony's DVP-NC600 with any combination of DVDs and CDs (up to 5 discs), and get ready for hours of uninterrupted entertainment! Sony has packed this convenient carousel changer with lots of handy features, from Instant Replay, to SmoothScan, and SmoothSlow search modes, to the Digital Cinema Sound processing that enhances DVD soundtracks with your choice of lifelike soundfields.
Sony's Block Noise Reduction precisely renders the subtly shaded picture areas that lesser players reduce to solid blocks of color you'll enjoy an exceptionally smooth, natural-looking picture. Switch from movies to music, and you'll find the DVP-NC600 sounds great playing either standard CDs or audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs!
- disc exchange (change 4 discs while the 5th keeps playing)
- plays DVD-Video discs, CDs, and audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- 27MHz/10-bit video DAC
- SmoothScan search
- SmoothSlow forward/reverse
- Custom Parental Control (200-disc)
- DVD/CD Text
- Block Noise Reduction
- optical and coaxial digital outs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM (96kHz/24-bit-capable)
- Digital Cinema Sound modes
- 2 sets of A/V outputs (2 composite, 1 S-video, and 1 component video)
- remote control (multibrand for TVs, receivers)
- 96kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter
- audio signal-to-noise ratio 115 dB
- 16-13/16"W x 4-1/4"H x 16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
What's in the Box:
- Black-colored 5-disc DVD/Video CD/Audio CD player
- RMT-D130A Wireless remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 59" Stereo audio/video RCA patch cord
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty sheet
- Owner Registration Card
- Important Safeguards
- Netflix promo
- Note on opening and closing the tray.
Features and Specs
|Number of Discs||5|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Composite Video Outputs||2|
|Component Video Outputs||1|
Compatibility: This unit can play the following discs:
- DVD: 5" or 3", NTSC, "Region 1" or "All Region" discs
- Video CD: 5" or 3"
- Audio CD: 5" or 3"
- CD-R: 5" or 3"
- CD-RW: 5" or 3"
- DVD (at 48 kHz sampling frequency): 2Hz to 22kHz (+/-0.5dB)
- DVD (at 96 kHz sampling frequency): 2Hz to 44kHz (+/-1.0dB)
- CD: 2Hz to 20kHz (+/-0.5dB)
- DVD: 103dB
- CD: 99dB
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003%
Video D/A Converter: This player uses a 27MHz/10-bit video Digital-to-Analog Converter, which reduces digital artifacts for a better picture.
Audio D/A Converter: This unit has a 96kHz/24-bit audio Digital-to-Analog converter that will allow it to play back video DVDs recorded with 96kHz/24-bit audio. Note: If the DVD is copyright-protected, the signal is converted to 48kHz/16-bit before being passed through the digital outputs. If the DVD is not copyright-protected, a 96kHz/24-bit signal is passed through the digital outputs.
Component Video Output: In addition to the composite video outputs and the S-video outputs, this unit is equipped with a set of component video outputs. When connected to a television with a component video input, the component video output of this unit will provide picture color and detail that is superior to video from composite and S-video outputs.
DVD/CD Text: When playing a DVD or CD encoded with text, this unit will display the text information.
On-Screen Display: The on-screen menu language can be set to English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
PBC Playback: PBC playback allows you to play Video CDs interactively by following the menu on the TV screen.
Digital Video Enhancer: This function makes a picture appear clear and crisp by enhancing the outlines of images on your TV screen. You can select Off, or levels 1, 2 or 3 (each level enhances the outline more than the previous level).
Block Noise Reduction (BNR): The BNR function adjusts the picture quality by reducing the "block noise" or mosaic-like patterns that appear on your TV screen.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles. Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
TV Virtual Surround (TVS): TV Virtual Surround generates a convincing surround sound effect using only two stereo speakers, with a stereo receiver or directly out of the television speakers. You can turn this feature Off or you can select one of the following settings:
- TVS Dynamic: Uses sound imaging to create a single set of virtual rear speakers. This mode is effective when using speakers that are close together, such as on a television.
- TVS Wide: Uses sound imaging to create multiple virtual rear speakers. This mode is effective when using speakers that are close together, such as on a television.
- TVS Night: The large sounds, such as explosions, are suppressed, but the quieter sounds are unaffected.
- TVS Standard: Uses sound imaging to create multiple virtual rear speakers. This mode is effective when using separate front speakers that are far apart.
Resume Play: This feature allows you to resume playback of a disc from the point where you last stopped. The stopping point will be saved even if the power is turned off, however, the stopping point will be lost if the tray is opened.
Instant Replay: The Instant Replay function is useful when you want to review a scene or dialogue that you missed. With a single press of the Instant Replay button, the player will go back 10 seconds and begin playing again.
Program Play: Up to 99 titles, chapters and tracks can be programmed and played in any order.
Shuffle Play: When playing a DVD, you can play the titles or chapters in random order. When playing a Video CD or an audio CD, you can play the tracks in random order. In addition, you can play the titles/chapters or tracks in Program Play in random order.
Repeat Play: "A-B Repeat" allows you to select any portion of a title, chapter, or track and play that portion repeatedly. When playing a DVD, you can repeat the current title, current chapter, or the entire disc. When playing a Video CD or an audio CD, you can repeat the current track or the entire disc. In addition, you can repeat Program Play and Shuffle Play.
Scan Search: When playing a DVD or an audio CD, there are three fast-play speeds available in the playback direction. When playing a DVD, there are three fast-play speeds available in the reverse direction.
Slow Motion: When playing a DVD or Video CD, you may move forward through the program being played in one of two slow motion speeds. When playing a DVD, you may move backward through the program being played in one of two slow motion speeds.
Display Dimmer: You can set the display to Bright, Dark, or Off.
Parental Control: This unit allows you to set two kinds of playback restrictions for DVDs using Parental Control and Custom Parental Control. Parental Control allows you to restrict playback according to a predetermined level. You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 4-digit password. Using the same registered password, Custom Parental Control allows you to set playback restrictions for a specific disc. You can set the same Custom Parental Control password for up to 50 discs.
- On-Screen Display: Allows you to select English, Spanish, French, or Portuguese as the on-screen display language.
- DVD Menu (DVD only): Allows you to select the default DVD menu language.
- Audio (DVD only): Allows you to select the default audio language.
- Subtitle (DVD only): Allows you to select the default subtitle language.
- TV Type (DVD only): Allows you to select 4:3 Letter Box (automatically displays a wide screen DVD as letterboxed on a normal aspect ratio TV), 4:3 Pan Scan (automatically converts a wide screen DVD to Pan and Scan when supported by the DVD, otherwise it is played in letter box format), or 16:9 (used when using a wide-screen TV with a 16:9 ratio).
- Screen Saver: Protects against screen burnout by selecting a screensaver after the unit has been in pause or stop mode for 15 minutes. The screen saver can be turned On or Off.
- Background: You can select the background color in stop mode or while playing a CD. You can choose Jacket Picture (shows the DVD jacket picture if supported by the DVD), Graphics (shows a Sony graphic), Blue (background color is blue), or Black (background color is black).
- Auto Play: Allows you to select the Auto Play setting when you turn on the player. You can choose Timer, Demo 1, Demo 2, or Off. When Timer is selected, the unit will begin playback using an external audio timer (not included). When Demo 1 is selected, the unit starts playing the first demonstration automatically. When Demo 2 is selected, the unit starts playing the second demonstration automatically. When Off is selected, the unit does not use Timer, Demo 1, or Demo 2 to start playback.
- Dimmer: Allows you to set the unit's display to Bright, Dark, or Off.
- Pause Mode (DVD only): Allows you to select how an image is displayed in pause mode. You can choose Auto or Frame.
- Parental Control (DVD only): Allows you to enter a 4-digit password to limit playback (available on DVDs with parental support).
- Track Selection (DVD only): You can select Auto or Off. When Auto is selected, priority is given to the digital audio track with the largest number of channels.
- Audio ATT (attenuation): Allows you to select On or Off. When On is selected, the unit lowers the level of the analog audio outputs to prevent distortion when using a television.
- Audio Dynamic Range Control (DVD only): You can select Standard, TV Mode (compresses the dynamic range for late night listening), and Wide Range (no compression for the highest dynamic range).
- Down Mix (DVD only): Switches the mixing method, so "Dolby Surround" sounds ideal when used with a Pro Logic/Dolby Digital/DTS receiver, and "Normal" sounds ideal when used with a normal stereo.
- Digital Out: Allows you to select if audio signals are passed through the digital outputs. You can choose On or Off. When the digital outputs are turned On, you can adjust the Dolby Digital, DTS, and 48kHz/96kHz PCM settings.
- Dolby Digital: Allows you to select D-PCM (outputs PCM only) or Dolby Digital (outputs a Dolby Digital signal when available).
- DTS: Allows you to select On (outputs a DTS signal when available) or Off. Note: DTS signals contained on a CD are output even if Off is selected.
RMT-D130A Remote: The remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on certain brands of A/V receivers and televisions.
- Video 1 Out: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- Video 2 Out: Stereo RCA jacks and RCA composite video jack
- S-Video Out: S-video jack
- Component Video Out: Component video jacks (3 RCA jacks, Y/PB/PR)
- Coaxial Digital Out: Standard coaxial digital jack
- Optical Digital Out: Standard Toslink digital output with a plastic cover
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.