Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer and Bluetooth®
Item # 158HTCT370 | MFR # 11353193
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony HT-CT370 by Crutchfield's David Brown
More than just great sound
One look at the unique design of the Sony HT-CT370 and you'll know it's not an ordinary sound bar. Sure it will greatly improve your TV's sound, delivering movie sound effects, TV dialogue, and music with clarity and power. But its the extra features this 2.1-channel system offers that have us excited.
Fits in nicely
The angular design of the HT-CT370's sound bar will add a touch of style to your living room. Mount it on your wall or place it on a stand — the built-in gyro-sensor will detect the bar's orientation to properly adjust sound output. The slim subwoofer not only connects wirelessly to the bar, but it can stand up or lay flat, so you should have no shortage of places to put it.
Mount the HT-CT370 on your wall, or place it on your TV stand. The built-in gyro-sensor will detect your setup and optimize the sound bar's robust output to its positioning.
Connections for your high-def gear
Some sound bars offer HDMI connectivity. But very few offer three HDMI inputs like the HT-CT370. Connect your cable box, Blu-ray player, and gaming system via HDMI to the sound bar. Then a single cable connects the bar to your TV, for a clean setup. The output offers single-remote control capability with TVs that offer HDMI control (CEC) functionality — turning on one component can even trigger other HDMI-connected components to power on. With advanced Dolby® and DTS® audio decoding, as well as 3D and 4K video pass through, you'll hear and see all the detail your Blu-ray movies offer.
Bluetooth for wireless music and control
Built-in Bluetooth makes it easy to get the music started with your smartphone, tablet, or compatible computer. Pair your device with the HT-CT370 for wireless playback with tunes stored on your smartphone or streamed from your favorite music service. Download Sony's SongPal app and use your smartphone as a Bluetooth remote to control the sound bar.
Lots of cool tweaks
With so much functionality, it's nice that Sony provides you the option to optimize this system's sound for various applications. Seven listening modes offer sound tailored for music, movies, sports, video games, even music from portable devices. Having trouble with dialogue? The "voice" feature enhances dialogue clarity by making it stand out in the mix. You can also tweak the bass response of the subwoofer to dial in explosive sound effects, or tame the volume for late night viewing. Best of all, all these tweaks are easily made on the included remote.
The sound bar has great voice clarity. I like the different mode it allows you to choose from, for example movie, dialogue, sports and music. The sub woofer is a little underwhelming. However it's perfect for a bedroom when you don't want to much bass to carry through to other bed rooms.
Steve Y, Wilmington NC
What's in the Box:
- Active soundbar
- Wireless powered subwoofer
- Remote cotnrol (RM-ANP114)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 39" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screws (flat-/lock-washers)
- 4 Self-adehsive rubber feet
- Operating Instructions
- Startup Guide
- US Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
- 200 watts (peak) built-in amplification
- two 2-3/8" cone full-range drivers
- slim design is ideal for wall-mounting beneath a flat-panel TV or resting on a TV stand
- internal gyro-sensor automatically adjusts sound output for wall or stand placement
- LCD display shows currently selected input and settings options
- 3 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output
- HDMI connections support 3D/4K video, Audio Return Channel, and HDMI-CEC
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- 3.5mm analog minijack aux input
- wall-mount brackets and screws included
- 35-9/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 5"D
- weight: 5.3 lbs.
- 100-watt (peak) built-in amplifier
- front-firing 4" x 6" cone woofer
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- orients vertically or horizontally for flexible placement options
- 5-3/8"W x 14-1/4"H x 15-1/2"D (vertical orientation)
- weight: 15.3 lbs.
- Sony's S-Force® PRO Front Surround technology offers an immersive listening experience
- Bluetooth-compatible for wireless music listening from a smartphone, tablet, or computer
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible smartphones
- Sony's free SongPal app lets you use your Apple® or Android™ device as a Bluetooth remote
- built-in Dolby® and DTS® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- subwoofer tone and volume controls (via remote) to customize bass response
- "voice" control raises dialogue levels
- sound modes for music, movies, sports, video games, and portable music devices
- includes optical digital cable
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony HT-CT370 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Midrange||2.375" cone (2)|
|Subwoofer Driver||4" x 6" cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Audio Return Channel||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||Yes|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||200|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||100|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-3/16H x 35-9/16W x 5D|
|Sound Bar Weight||5.3 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||14-1/4H x 5-3/8W x 15-1/2D|
|Subwoofer Weight||15.3 lbs|
Overview: The Sony HT-CT370 Home Theater System is a two-piece surround sound system which includes an amplified soundbar speaker and a wireless powered subwoofer module. This two-piece home theater system brings simplicity and performance together by pairing an self-amplified soundbar speaker and a wireless powered subwoofer to create a surround sound experience in a compact and easy to install package. The HT-CT370 home theater system features HDMI connectivity, Dolby Digital & DTS decoding, along with S-Force Front Surround; plus built-in Bluetooth w/ NFC. The HT-CT370 includes an IR remote control and offers a free app for your Apple iOS or Android device for wireless operation of the system.
Active Soundbar Speaker: The HT-CT370's soundbar speaker houses two 2.375" full-range, cone drivers in an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure, powered by a 100-watt x 2-channel S-Master digital amplifier. The soundbar speaker acts as your home theater systems front and center speakers as well as giving you the effect that you have rear speakers positioned behind you. The soundbar speaker can be securely placed on a stand or shelf via its two integrated feet, or even wall mounted using the included brackets and their rear-mounted keyhole slots (mounting screws sold separately). The wall-mount bracket's keyhole slots are spaced 25.6875" apart.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The HT-CT370 wireless powered subwoofer is equipped with a front-firing 4" x 6" oval-cone woofer in a bass-reflex enclosure (rear-firing port), powered by a built-in 100W S-Master digital amplifier. The wireless powered subwoofer gets its signal from the system's soundbar wirelessly, via 5.8GHZ RF wireless transmission. The wireless powered sub can be placed virtually anywhere in your room; it can be mounted vertically or horizontally. There are no extra audio cables to run; you do have to plug the powered sub into an AC outlet.
S-Force Pro Front Surround: S-Force Pro Front Surround provides realistic surround sound from this two-piece home theater system. Unlike other "virtual surround" technologies, rear sound is generated from the soundbar speaker using sophisticated digital sound processing and does not need to be bounced off of side walls. No matter what the size or shape of the room or what is on the wall, it is possible to hear sounds from behind you without needing to place speakers behind you. You can select from one of the following sound fields to optimize your surround sound experience.
- Standard: Suits various sources.
- Movie: Recreates powerful and realistic sound, along with clear dialogue.
- Music: Suited for music programs or music videos on Blu-ray Discs/DVDs.
- Game: Produces powerful and realistic sound, suited for video games.
- Sports: Suited for sporting events with greater intensity.
- Portable Audio: Suited for compressed audio music programs from a portable source.
Note: You can also activate ClearAudio+ which automatically makes sound adjustments based on the type of content you are enjoying.
Digital Surround Formats: The HT-CT370 features Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, as well as support for multi-channel PCM. Supported formats include:
Audio Adjustments: The HT-CT370 home theater system offers various audio adjustments to customize your music or movie listening experience.
- Tone & Subwoofer Levels: You can adjust the system's bass & treble independently from one another. You can also adjust the level of the powered sub independently from the system's main volume.
- Voice & Night Modes: With Voice mode, you'll be sure to hear every whisper and character nuance of the dialog compared to other sounds in the scene for a dynamic experience. Using Night mode, you can enjoy sound effects and hear the dialog clearly even at a low volume levels.
- Audio DRC: This feature narrows the dynamic range of a Dolby Digital/DTS sound track for enjoying movies at low volume.
- Advanced Auto Volume: Reduces the volume discrepancies between different programs or between programs and commercials.
- A/V Sync: You can delay the sound using this function when the image is slower than the sound when you are playing a Dolby Digital/DTS source connected by a digital audio input.
Note: An internal gyro-sensor detects positioning (wall or table-top) of soundbar speaker to optimize the sound depending on orientation.
HDMI Inputs/Output: The Sony HT-CT370 features 3 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output which support 4k pass-through, 1080/24p, x.v./Deep Color, and 3D video; as well as ARC & HDMI control, plus Standby Pass-Through. The HDMI jacks transmit both multi-channel audio and high-definition video signals. The system's HDMI inputs/output supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K.
- 4K Pass-Through: 4K Pass-Through allows the Sony HT-CT370 to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K compatible TV or display monitor. The HDMI jacks do not support the latest HDCP 2.2 copyright protection for 4K ultra-HD content, so it will not support 4K content from satellite/cable providers, online video services, and Blu-ray disc which are copyright protected with HDCP 2.2.
- 1080/24p: The Sony HT-CT370 allows you to watch movies at their native frame rate 24p format (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player.
- 3D Ready: The Sony HT-CT370 is compatible with 3D-ready Blu-ray disc movies, video games and other 3D content through its HDMI (v.1.4) connections. 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be required.
- Deep/x.v.Color: The Sony HT-CT370 also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the HT-CT370 system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Standby Pass-Through: You can conveniently access all your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the HT-CT370 system.
Note: Because with most televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the Sony HT-CT370 directly; and then connect the HT-CT370's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Digital + Analog Audio Inputs: The Sony HT-C370 home theater system features both analog (minijack) audio and digital (optical) audio inputs for connecting external audio sources such as your DVD player and CD player that do not offer HDMI connectivity. There is single minijack (3.5mm) analog audio input and one optical (toslink) digital audio input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital, DTS, and 2ch PCM audio signals.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of most newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Built-in Bluetooth: The Sony HT-CT370 features built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0) with support for A2DP 1.2 & AVRCP 1.3 which allows you to wirelessly stream and control music on your Bluetooth-enabled through the soundbar system.
- SSP + NFC Pairing: The HT-CT370 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with up to 9 Bluetooth-enabled devices (only one can be used at a time) with a single press of a button. Bluetooth-enabled devices (like Android 2.3.3 or later) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the soundbar speaker's NFC logo and they're paired. NFC Easy Connect app is needed for your Android device, unless you have Android OS 4.1 or later installed. Once paired, the HT-CT370 speaker system will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 33').
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple device, Android smartphone/tablet, portable audio player, laptop, or PC to the Sony HT-CT370. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the included remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. There is no song/artist information display on the speaker system or connected TV. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony HT-CT370.
IR Remote w/ HDMI Control: The HT-CT370 comes supplied with a full-function IR remote control for wireless operation of the system. The IR remote is programmable and offers HDMI control. In addition to controlling the soundbar speaker system, the remote can be used to operate basic functions (Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Input) on select Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Vizio, Sharp, Toshiba, and Funai TVs. HDMI Control allows you to easily manage and operate an HDMI Control compatible television and other audio/video components with a single remote, when all components are connected via HDMI. By connecting HDMI-CEC components operation is simplified in the following ways:
- One-Touch-Play: When you playback a component such as a DVD/Blu-ray Disc Player, the receiver and the TV are turned on automatically and switch to the appropriate HDMI input.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can select to output the sound from the TV speaker or the speakers connected to the receiver.
- System Power Off: When you turn off the TV, the receiver and connected components are also turned off simultaneously.
SongPal Remote App (via Bluetooth): By downloading Sony's free SongPal remote app (from iTunes or Google Play), you can use your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.3+) device to control the HT-CT370 system via Bluetooth. From the SongPal remote app, you can select input sources, switch to other entertainment apps, and customize sound settings of the soundbar speaker system. You'll need to exit this app to stream & control stored music or music apps on your Bluetooth-connected phone.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
6 questions already asked
1 answer i just bought this yesterday. There are two issues. One is i cant turn-off using the remote control so i have to unplug it. and when i plug it back the power turn on without pressing the power button on the remove. The second, i can't access the menu through the remote control, When i press the Menu button nothing happens. Everything else works but the two issues above is bothering me. Do you know how I can fix these problems? [ Ipm Jun 08, 2015 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Jun 08, 2015 ] Staff
If you mean other Bluetooth capable devices, such as phones, ipad, ipod, the answer is Yes. The steps for pairing Bluetooth devices are pretty simple. I bought the soundbar for the TV, but it turns out that using it to play music from the ipad is the #1 use in my family. [ Sandra Feb 27, 2015 ]
Don't know, we only used what was in the package. Try their Tech Support. [ Coleman Feb 27, 2015 ]
No, it can be mounted to a wall or you can place it on a flat surface in front of the TV. [ Philip Oct 24, 2014 ]
The sound bar does not.mount to.the tv. You can mount it on the wall or set it in front of the tv on a cabinet. [ Wai Oct 23, 2014 ]
Mine in mounted a few inches below an LG 55 inch tv. [ Cathleen Oct 23, 2014 ]
I don't think so, I'm not 100% sure, but it can be mounted to a wall or can sit in front of the TV on a stand. [ Shawn Oct 23, 2014 ]
If you're talking about setting your TV directly on top of the sound bar - I don't see how it could be done. Ideally, place it in front of the TV. I have mine on a shelf right below. [ JEAN C Oct 23, 2014 ]
Yes [ Jennie Oct 23, 2014 ]
No direct mount to TV. Wall mount or on TV stand. [ RoseMary Oct 23, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Krissy Sep 08, 2014 ] Staff
Hi Asim. Certainly. You would just need a stereo mini to stereo mini cable. The analog input on the rear of the unit is a stereo mini jack input. [ Jeff Aug 29, 2014 ] Staff
The CT770 was selected due to the additional power and better sounding subwoofer. It's perfect for small spaces. [ Jaime Jul 07, 2014 ]
I prefer sound quality over volume and chose the CT-CT770 for the larger sub-woofer. The base is very good providing the sensory appreciation desired without unnecessary "booming". I am very pleased with the sound quality provided by the more expensive system. [ Pat Jul 04, 2014 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Greg Jul 03, 2014 ] Staff