Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Clock radio with CD player and triple alarm
Item #: 158ICCD863
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony ICF-CD863V by Crutchfield's Tom Mathew
Wake up to sweet sounds with the ICF-CD863V from Sony! This full-function clock radio features a built-in CD player that will even play your home-burned audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs. With plenty of alarm and snooze options, like three alarm settings and extendable snooze, you can wake up to your favorite radio station, to a buzzer, or to the CD of your choice. The dimmer automatically adjusts itself to the brightness of the room, so it's easy to read the time, even in the wee hours of the morning.
The AM/FM tuner includes 25 presets, and features a TV band that picks up television audio and a weather band for up-to-the-minute weather reports. The ICF-CD863V features a 3-D sound system with adjustable bass, so you'll enjoy surprisingly rich sound from this compact system, especially in the low frequencies!
What's in the Box:
- TV/Weather/FM/AM CD clock radio with attached 6' AC cord and 23" FM wire antenna
- Operating instructions
- Owner registration card
- Note about weather channel presets
- single-disc, top-load CD-player
- repeat and random play
- plays CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- Snoozinator extendable snooze
- display with automatic brightness control
- nap timer
- mono audio with 3-D sound processing and adjustable bass
- dual 3-1/8" drivers and 3-1/4" woofer
- 4-band digital tuner (AM/FM/TV/weather) with 25 memory presets
- triple alarm (3 times, 3 modes)
- display shows current time and alarm-set time
- 1-minute memory backup in case of power interruption
- minijack headphone output
- 7-3/8"W x 7-3/4"H x 7-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: This is an AM/FM/CD clock radio with a TV band and weather band. The face of this unit is a champagne color, along with the rest of the unit, and is flanked by gray-colored grilles on both sides. Silver-colored buttons are on the front face, and there are also silver-colored buttons on the top front. The CD loads from the top of the unit. The High Quality 3D sound system of this unit includes a built-in woofer.
Gentle Wake/Sleep Function: When the buzzer alarm is chosen, the beeping of the alarm becomes more rapid and increases in relative volume after every few seconds, in three progressive stages. If using the sleep timer, when the timer reaches a remaining time of a few minutes, the sound output will gradually decrease in volume.
Tuner: The radio is a PLL (phase locked loop) synthesized AM/FM/TV/Weather 4-band radio with 10 presets for the FM band, and 5 presets each for AM, TV, and weather.
Three Mode Alarm: The unit allows you to pick from 3 alarm modes - CD, radio or buzzer. You can select a single alarm mode, or choose from a combination of alarm modes. When CD, radio, and buzzer alarms are set for the same time, the CD alarm will take priority. However, if the CD alarm is not set or you set the CD alarm and there is no disc in the CD player, the buzzer or radio will sound in its place.
Daylight Saving Time: Allows you to adjust the time to daylight saving time by pressing a single button.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 60, or 90 minutes, and can be used with either the radio or CD player.
Nap Timer: The nap timer sounds the buzzer after a preset time duration, and can be set for 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Snooze Button: Initially pressing this button on top of the unit turns off the alarm for approximately 10 minutes. Each subsequent time you press this button, the snooze time intervals change as follows: 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 minutes.
Backlit LCD: The LCD display on this unit is backlit in amber, and has a built-in auto brightness control. The auto brightness control automatically adjusts the backlight brightness of the display in three levels (high, medium, or low) depending on the amount of ambient light detected by the brightness sensor. This feature is defeatable so that you can set the brightness level manually.
Mega Bass: This dial, which is on the left rear of the unit, allows you to dial in the amount of bass boost desired.
- CD Compatibility: This unit will play prerecorded CDs, finalized CD-Rs, and finalized CD-R/W discs. Both 5" and 3" CDs are compatible. Note: playback capability of CD-R and CD-R/W discs will vary depending on the quality of the disc, the recording device, and the application software.
- Controls: CD controls are play, pause, track forward, track reverse and audible search (forwards/backwards).
CD Playback Options:
- Shuffle: You can play all the tracks on the CD in random order.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track or all tracks.
- Shuffle Repeat: All tracks are played repeatedly in random order.
CD Player Section:
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz (+1/-1.5 dB)
- Wow and flutter: Unmeasurable
- Tuner Frequency Range:
- FM Band: 87.5-108 MHz
- AM Band: 530-1710 kHz
- TV Band: Channels 2-13
- Weather Band: Channels 1-7
- Tuner Frequency Steps:
- FM Band: 0.1MHz
- AM Band: 10kHz
- Size: 3 1/8" (77mm) diameter loudspeaker
- Impedance: 3.2 ohms
- Power Output: 1.5W + 1.5W at 10% THD
- Size: 3 1/4" (80mm) diameter
- Impedance: 3.2 ohms
- Power Output: 3.5 W
- Power Requirements: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Outputs: Standard 3.5mm stereo headphone mini-jack
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.