Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Wi-Fi® iPod®/iPhone® dock
Item # 158NACSV10 | MFR # NACSV10i
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony NAC-SV10i by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
This isn't just another dock for your iPod or iPhone. The Sony NAC-SV10i connects to your home Wi-Fi network to give you flexible options for playing digital music in multiple rooms. For starters, plug this dock into your home audio system's receiver or amplifier, and you can listen not only to the songs stored on your iPod or iPhone, but also to music from your home networked computer, and even Internet radio.
Play music from your docked iPod or iPhone through your connected audio system. The unit's three-line display shows you song title, artist, and other track information. Your player automatically charges while docked.
Stream music from your devices or the Internet
You can stream music stored on your computer to the NAC-SV10i to play it through your A/V system. And you can use your computer or docked iPhone to access Internet services such as PANDORA® Internet radio, Slacker, and Rhapsody and stream those tunes through the dock. The NAC-SV10i can also access thousands of Internet radio stations wirelessly through your router.
The dock can also send music wirelessly to compatible devices in other rooms. The NAC-SV10i is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compliant. That means it can communicate with any other DLNA devices, such as PCs, media servers, and more, throughout your home.
The Party starts here
This versatile dock features a Party Streaming option. In Party mode, the NAC-SV10i can stream music to compatible HomeShare audio systems such the SA-NS400 network speaker or the NAS-SV20i speaker dock in other rooms. It's whole-house audio the easy way.
- for docking iPods and iPhones
- wirelessly stream music from compatible PCs, and media servers to NACSV10i
- wirelessly stream music to the dock from select Internet music services
- Party Mode wirelessly stream music to linked audio systems in other rooms
- 3-line LCD display
- Ethernet port
- RCA stereo output
- stereo minijack input for connecting to other portable music players
- dock automatically charges docked player
- AC adapter
- remote control
- 8-7/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 5-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Network Server/iPod dock
- AC power adapter (with attached 7' DC cord)
- Remote control (RM-ANU094)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 3 iPhone dock adapter inserts
- Operating Instructions
- Supplement to Operating Instructions
- Initial Setup Operations
- Party Streaming note
- iPhone 4 dock adapter note
- Important Safeguards
- Limited Warranty information
Overview: The Sony NAC-SV10i Network Audio Component/Server lets you stream music from your iPod/iPhone, computer, or select internet services to your home entertainment system. The NAC-SV10i provides an Ethernet port & built-in Wi-Fi to connect to your home network. Simply connect the NAC-SV10i to your home audio system (via stereo RCA) and listen to hours of music stored on your iPod/iPhone, computer, or Bravia Internet Music. A remote is included for wireless operation of the unit. A free app is also available that transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a convenient remote control to navigate your music. The NAC-SV10i's compact, modern design makes it the perfect complement to your home entertainment system and will rest on any counter or table-top.
Network Connection (LAN/Wi-Fi): You can connect the NAC-SV10i's rear-panel Ethernet (RJ-45) port to your Internet modem or router using a CAT-5 network cable (sold separately) to access music content stored on your PC, or through select Bravia Internet Music services. In addition to the unit's Ethernet port connection, you can also easily connect wirelessly to your home's broadband network using the NAC-SV10i's built-in Wi-Fi. The following system environment is required to connect the NAC-SV10i to your network.
- Broadband Internet: A Broadband line connection to the Internet is required in order to listen to select online music services and to use the software update function of the receiver.
- Modem: This is the device that is connected to the broadband line to communicate with the Internet. Some of these devices are integrated with the router.
- Router (wired/wireless): Use a 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX compatible wired router or a 802.11b/g Wi-Fi certified wireless router to enjoy content on your home network.
- Wired (LAN) or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection: An Ethernet cable (CAT5) is required for a hardwired (LAN) connection. A wireless (Wi-Fi) connection requires a home network with an 802.11b/g access point and internet connection. Supports WEP (64-/128-bit) and WPA-PSK (AES/TKIP) security.
Bravia Internet Music: You can listen to select music services offered on the internet with NAC-SV10i. You'll be able to enjoy music from an ever growing list of online content providers, such as vTuner & Slacker (as of Aug. 2011). You can store up to 20 of your favorite Internet Radio stations.
- vTuner: The free online vTuner service allows easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites.
- Slacker: Slacker is a free, personalized Internet radio service that lets you choose the music you want to listen to. You can choose Internet radio stations by genre, or create custom stations by Artist name or Song title.
Note: Premium content may require additional fees and/or PC registration
DLNA Certified (Player/Server): By connecting the Sony NAC-SV10i to your home network, you can listen to music stored on your DLNA compliant Windows-based PC through your connected home entertainment system. You can also stream content from the NAC-SV10i to another DLNA compatible device. The NAC-SV10i supports the following audio files.
|Linear PCM||Sampling Rate: 44.1, 48 kHz, |
|MP3||Sampling Rate: 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
Bit Rate: 32-320 kbps
|WMA||Sampling Rate: up to 48 kHz |
Bit Rate: up to 385 kbps
|AAC||Sampling Rate: 8, 11.025, 12, 16,
22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
Bit Rate: up to 576 kbps
Note: If you have a Windows 7-based computer, use the Windows Media Player 12 bundled with Windows 7. If you have a Windows XP or Windows Vista-based computer, install Windows Media Player 11 software.
Party Streaming: You can play music in other rooms simultaneously by connecting Sony products which are compatible with DLNA and the Party Streaming function.
Note: PartyStream mode requires compatible Sony Blu-ray Disc home theater system, Sony Blu-ray Disc player, Sony A/V receiver, or Sony Network Speaker (all sold separately); and connection to the same home network.
Firmware Updates: By downloading the latest firmware version from Sony, you can take advantage of the newest functions. The NAC-SV10i accesses the Sony server to update the firmware through its hardwired or wireless network connection.
Note: The tested NAC-SV10i contained firmware version 1.02.301. Please visit the Sony eSupport Site for the latest firmware update information.
iPod/iPhone Dock: The integrated iPod/iPhone dock lets you listen to music stored on your iPod or iPhone through your home audio system. The NAC-SV10i supports audio playback, metadata display, remote control, and charging of your compatible iPod/iPhone.
- Audio Playback: The unit's built-in iPod/iPhone dock lets you listen to music, podcast, and audiobook files stored on your iPod or iPhone.
- Metadata Display: The NAC-SV10i will display artist name, song title, and album label. You can also choose to view this information on your iPod or iPhone's LCD screen.
- Remote Control: You can operate your iPod or iPhone using the supplied remote, and your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The NAC-SV10i provides music browsing (by Playlist/Artist/Album/Genre/Track/Composer/Audiobook), alphabet search (A-Z), and Repeat/Shuffle playback modes.
- Charging: The NAC-SV10i will charge your docked iPod/iPhone's battery when the unit is turned on, or in Network Standby mode.
Note: When using an iPod model, use the dock adapter supplied with your iPod. When using an iPhone model, use one of the dock adapters included with the NAC-SV10i.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Sony NAC-SV10i is "Made for iPod/iPhone" certified and supports the following iPod/iPhone models and functions (as of 1/5/2012).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the receiver and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
Music App Compatible: The Sony NAC-SV10i will output audio from music apps stored on your iPod touch or iPhone, such as Pandora & Rhapsody. You will continue to control and view the downloaded music app from your iPod touch or iPhone's LCD touchscreen.
Auxiliary Input: The Sony NAC-SV10i features a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input to connect an external audio device (such as your portable MP3 player). There are two audio level settings (hi/low) to match the output of your external audio device.
Audio Output: The Sony NAC-SV10i simply connects to your home audio system via its stereo RCA audio outputs (audio cable not supplied).
LCD: The Sony NAC-SV10i features a 3-line LCD for system setup, menu settings, clock display, and song/artist information.
Unit Name: You can name the NAC-SV10i so that the unit can be recognized by this same name by other devices on your home network.
Clock & Calendar: This unit uses the Month/Day/Year style for the date format and a 12-hour clock. The clock & calendar can be setup manually or automatically through the network connection.
Sleep Timer: You can set the Sleep Timer so that the unit enters standby mode automatically after a certain period of time (15, 30, 60, or 90 minutes).
IR Remote Control: The Sony NAC-SV10i comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the unit. The remote will also control the power and volume on your Sony A/V receiver.
Remote Control App: Download the free Sony Network Audio Remote app from the iTunes App Store to your iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen) or iPhone (2G/3G/3GS/4) with iOS 3.1.3 or later, and turn it into a versatile remote control. You'll get instant access to your networked personal music collection right from your iPod touch or iPhone. The free app lets you set the volume, browse your music collection, and control playback functions using your iPod touch or iPhone.
Note: The Sony Network Audio Remote app must be downloaded from the iTunes App Store, and requires that the NAC-SV10i, your PC, and the iPod touch/iPhone be connected to the same wireless (Wi-Fi) network.
AC Power Supply: The Sony NAC-SV10i operates off of standard household AC current using the included AC power adapter.
- Input: 120V, 60Hz, 8W
- Output: DC6V, 800mA
Network Standby Mode: The unit is always connected to the network even when the power of the unit is turned off, and resumes operations when controlled over the network. You can turn this function off to reduce power consumption.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.