Sony NW-ZX300 Walkman®
High-resolution portable digital music player with Bluetooth®
From Sony: NW-ZX300 Portable Hi-Res Music Player
Our take on the Sony NW-ZX300 Walkman® by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Purpose-built for exceptional sound
Hold the Sony NW-ZX300 Walkman in your hand. The heft of the milled aluminum casing lets you know this is a quality portable music player. The Walkman's powerful digital-to-analog converter (DAC) renders high-resolution files in their native resolution for pristine, better-than-CD sound.
Plus, the player's USB port lets you use the built-in DAC to play high-resolution sound from your computer through your headphones. (You can download high-res tunes from sites like HDtracks).
Advanced circuitry for high-res sources
The NW-ZX300 is compatible with high-res DSD files (up to 11.2MHz), PCM-based files (up to 32-bit/384kHz), Apple Lossless, and other formats. Sony's built-in Digital Sound Enhancement Engine can help MP3 and other lossy file formats sound fuller. Pair this Walkman with a great set of headphones, and you might discover details in your favorite tunes you've not heard before.
Ample storage for high-res files
The NW-ZX300 comes with 64GB of built-in storage — enough for over 1,000 CD-resolution songs. If you need more memory the player's microSD card slot can accommodate up to a 128GB card. That gives you up to 192GB of storage.
Bluetooth® compatible for wireless listening
With its built-in Bluetooth, you can stream music from this Sony player to your favorite Bluetooth speaker. You can also use Bluetooth headphones to really cut down on cables. This player offers high-quality aptX® playback as well LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming to compatible products. The better your headphones, the more detail you'll hear.
Advanced features for high-performance audio
The milled casing isn't just for looks — the aluminum shields the player's circuitry from electrical noise. High-quality film capacitors ensure uniform frequency response for low distortion. The player is also MQA-compatible. If you're a TIDAL subscriber, you can enjoy your music through this innovative high-resolution format.
The player has a traditional 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack and a 4.4mm balanced output jack. With compatible headphones, this balanced output gives you superior stereo imaging, with fully discrete right and left channels.
- plays MP3, FLAC, AAC, APE, WMA, And DSD audio files
- plays high-resolution digital music files (PCM files up to 32-bit/384kHz; DSD files up to 11.2MHz)
- rendering for MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) audio files
- USB input allows for use as an external digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with a computer
- microSD card slot accepts,microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC cards (available separately)
- 64GB internal flash memory, with up to 128GB additional storage (up to 192GB total memory)
- 3.1" color touchscreen display (800 x 480 pixels)
- built-in Bluetooth supports Sony's LDAC Hi-fidelity streaming codec
- Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX) restores high-frequency signals to compressed digital formats like MP3 for more natural, expansive sound
- S-Master® HX amplification offers accurate, detailed playback of high-resolution music files
- minijack stereo headphone output (3.5mm)
- 4.4mm balanced headphone output
- high-speed USB 2.0 port
- rechargeable battery provides 30 hours of playback
- USB 2.0-compliant cable included for file transfer and battery charging
- milled aluminum frame
- 2-1/8"W x 4-11/16"H x 5/8"D
- weight: 5.54 oz.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee