Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Wireless remote for select Alpha digital cameras
Item # 158RMTSLR2 | MFR # RMTDSLR2
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony RMT-DSLR2 by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
There are lots of situations where a remote like this might come in handy. Say you want to take a picture with yourself included in the frame, but you need more than the ten seconds a self-timer might give you to get in position. Or say you're trying to do something where a camera shake might be undesirable, something with a slow shutter speed, or a locked-down "hot-set" shot for video where you want special effects like objects appearing or disappearing sequentially. Or maybe you're trying your hand at basic stop-motion animation? Plus, you can use it to trigger a photo review session on a compatible HDTV. You don't have to think long and hard before you decide purchasing one of these just might be a brilliant idea.
Nice addition to my A65. Works great as a remote while viewing pictures on my big screen.
What's in the Box:
- RMT-DSLR2 wireless remote control for select Sony alpha series cameras
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- wireless remote for select Sony Alpha digital cameras
- trip the shutter or start video recording without touching the camera
- control photo viewing on compatible HDTVs
- range is approximately 16 feet in front of camera
- 1-11/16"W x 3-3/4"H x 9/16"D
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony RMT-DSLR2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The RMT-DSLR2 is a wireless Remote Commander for select Sony Alpha series cameras. It can be used to shoot images, start and stop video recordings, play back images, and enlarge or reduce images during playback. It can also be used for various menu functions.
Compatibility: The RMT-DSLR2 is compatible with the following Sony Alpha Series cameras: SLTA57, SLTA65, SLTA77, SLTA99, NEX-5N, NEX-5R, NEX-6, and NEX-7.
Functions: The RMT-DSLR2 has the following functions:
- Shutter Release: Separate buttons for immediate shutter release and 2-second delayed shutter release
- Start/Stop: Pressing the button starts movie recording. Pressing it again stops recording.
- Display: Changes the display type.
- Histogram: Enables the histogram display.
- Index: Allows you to view multiple images at once.
- Rotate: Rotates the image to portrait or landscape orientation.
- Playback: Switches the camera from recording mode to playback mode or from playback to recording mode.
- Slide Show: Starts and stops a slide show while camera is connected to a TV via HDMI or video cable.
- Menu: Displays the camera menu.
- Print: Prints the current image on a PictBridge-compatible printer.
- Scale Up/Down: Scales the selected image size up and down.
- Delete: Deletes the selected image.
- 4-way Multi-selector: Navigates up/down/left/right through the menu selections or still image and movie files.
Battery: The RMT-DSLR2 is powered by a coin-type 3-volt CR2025 Lithium battery (included).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.