Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sony SAL2875 28-75mm f/2.8
Standard zoom lens for Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
Our take on the Sony SAL2875 28-75mm f/2.8 by Crutchfield's Tara W.
Sony designed this zoom lens for their Alpha line of DLSR cameras. A large maximum aperture throughout the focal range lets you take photos with a sharply focused subject and an artistically blurred background. Take crisp indoor shots without using a flash, and use faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects.
This Sony lens is just what the doctor ordered, at half the cost of the Zeiss
TK, Cave Creek, AZ
What's in the Box:
- 28-75mm F2.8 SAM Lens
- Front lens cap (attached)
- Rear lens cap (attached)
- Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions Before Using sheet
- Warranty Sheet
- 28-75mm f/2.8 zoom lens
- compatible with Sony digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 28-75mm with full-frame digital cameras
- 42-112.5mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- maximum aperture of f/2.8 allows faster shutter speeds in low-light settings
- 4 aspherical lens elements for precise, accurate images across the entire zoom range
- minimum focus distance: 16"
- minimum aperture: f/32
- lens construction: 16 elements in 14 groups
- attachment/filter diameter: 67mm
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 3-15/16" long
- weight: 20 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- petal hood
- front and rear lens caps
Sony SAL2875 28-75mm f/2.8 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Product Overview: The Sony SAL2875 wide angle zoom lens is specially designed for the Sony Alpha-series DSLR cameras which have an APS-C sized image sensor. This lens is ideal for sharp, high-contrast shots when working indoors, with people in groups, or in landscapes and urban scenes. It is also good for panoramic shots with lots of detail.
Compatibility: This lens is compatible with the Sony α (Alpha)-series digital SLR cameras.
Circular Aperture: Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-lights shots, spot light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
Lens Hood: The included lens hood allows for better shooting in bright light. A lens hood can be used to reduce flare in bright light areas to ensure maximum image quality.
Note: When using the built-in camera flash, make sure to remove the lens hood to avoid blockage of the flash light.
Focusing: This lens can be used for auto and manual focusing. You can switch between AF (automatic focus) and MF (manual focus) with the focusing mode switch on the lens. The focus signal in the viewfinder indicates the current degree of the focus.
- Type of Lens: 28-75mm f/2.8 SAM (Smooth AF Motor)
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Focal Length: 28-75mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 42-112.5mm
- Angle of View: 54° - 21°
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/32
- Maximum Magnification: 0.22x
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.3'
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 14 groups
- Physical Dimensions:
- Without Lens Caps: Length = 3.95"-5.287"(extended), Diameter = 3.062"
- With Lens Caps: Length = 4.472" to 5.819"(extended), Diameter = 3.062"
- Lens Hood: adds approximately 1.5" to overall length
- Weight: 20 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.