Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
7.2-channel home theater receiver with Bluetooth®
Our take on the Sony STR-DH750 by Crutchfield's David Brown
Budget- and feature-friendly home theater receiver
Seven channels of power, HDMI connectivity, built-in Bluetooth, an easy-to-use on-screen guide. Seems like it wasn't that long ago when you had to pay a healthy premium to get all those features in a home theater receiver. But the Sony STR-DH750 delivers them all for a price that raises eyebrows for how low it is. When you connect your audio and video sources, along with up to seven surround speakers, you'll transform your ordinary TV room into a true home theater. Movies will come to life with explosive sound effects, while music will sound rich, full, and detailed. When you add your smartphone or tablet into the mix, you'll get even more value from this versatile component.
Wireless and wired connections for your smartphone
With more people using smartphones and tablets for music and movies, it's great to have a receiver that can take advantage of them. Bluetooth is the easiest way to do so, letting you wirelessly stream digital music files or audio from apps to the 'DH750. For wired use, there's a front-panel USB port for connecting an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod®. Plug it in and control it with the receiver's remote, so you can listen to your digital music collection while your device charges. For Android™ users, there's a front-panel MHL port. It's an HDMI input that can take video, photos, and music from compatible phones and tablets and show them on the big screen and play them through your speakers.
The seven-channel STR-DH750 offers several options for setting up your speakers. Connect seven speakers to enjoy immersive surround sound, either using the sixth and seventh channels as Surround Back or Front High speakers. Or, you can use those channels to power a second set of "B" speakers in an adjoining room, to spread out your music listening to the kitchen or dining room. Or, you can bi-amp your compatible front speakers for fuller, more detailed sound — perfect for stereo music listening. It's all a snap to configure using this receiver's on-screen guide and Digital Cinema Auto Calibration, which configures your speakers for optimum sound once you have them placed where you want them. Just plug in the included setup microphone and follow the on-screen instructions for sound tailored to your room and speakers.
This receiver is one of the simplest, most elegant receivers I have ever owned. The connections to all of my gadget (DVD, TV, CAble box) could not have been simpler, and the operation of the receiver to get all of that working was straight-forward and without any problems at all.
Dave W, Grand Junction, CO
What's in the Box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- Wireless remote control (RM-AAU190)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Automatic calibration microphone (ECM-AC2)
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna (w/ attached slip-on "F" connector)
- Reference Guide
- Startup Guide (En/Fr/Sp)
- US Warranty sheet
- Canada Warranty sheet
- On-line registration sheet
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 90 watts per channel into 6 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration for easy, accurate speaker setup
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible smartphones
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 4 in, 1 out (including 1 MHL-compatible input)
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from an iPod, iPhone, or USB memory device
- composite video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 4 analog stereo audio inputs
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- preamp outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- outputs for seven speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Surround Back channel outputs can also be used as Front High or Front B speakers, or to bi-amp compatible Front speakers
- 1/4" headphone jack
- 3D and 4K HDMI pass-through
- This receiver is not HDCP 2.2-compliant and will not support copy-protected 4K video content.
- HDMI standby pass-through allows access to all HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver
- BRAVIA Sync for one-remote operation with compatible Sony components
- convenient on-screen display (via HDMI only)
- 60 AM/FM presets
- remote control
- 17"W x 6-1/8"H x 13-11/16"D
- weight: 16.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony STR-DH750 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Assignable 7-Channel Amplifier: The Sony STR-DH750 AV receiver is equipped with a 7-channel amplifier rated at 90 watts (into 6-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.09% THD, driving 2 channels). The AV receiver's Surround Back/Front Height amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- Surround Back: Allows you to enjoy high-fidelity reproduction of Dolby Digital TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD (High-Resolution Audio or Master Audio) with 7.1 channel surround, using the Surround Back speaker channels.
- Front Height: You can enjoy vertical sound effects if you connect two additional Front-Height speakers; no Surround Back speakers in this configuration.
- B-Speakers: If you are only connecting a 5.1ch speaker system, you can use the Surround Back/Front Height amp channels as a Speaker B output, allowing you to place a pair of speakers in another room of the house. Speaker B can be played at the same time of Speaker A, or by itself. Speaker B uses the same volume control and source input as Speaker A.
- Front Bi-Amp: If you are not using the Surround Back/Front Height at all, you can connect them to your front speakers using a bi-amplifier connection (if applicable). This provides even better sound quality from your front speakers. Your home theater setup will be limited to 5.1ch.
Digital Cinema Auto Calibration (DCAC): The Sony STR-DH750 is equipped with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration Technology which uses the included microphone to automatically check the speaker connections, adjust the speaker output levels, calculate the distance from each speaker to the listening position, and distinguish frequency characteristics of each speaker. The microphone has an 15' cord attached that plugs into the microphone input on front of the receiver. You can also choose to manually adjust the AV receiver's speaker settings.
Auto Format Direct (A.F.D.) Mode: The Auto Format Direct (A.F.D.) mode allows you to listen to high fidelity sound and select the decoding mode for listening to a 2-channel stereo sound as multi-channel. You can set the A.F.D. mode to Auto or Multi Stereo.
- A.F.D. Auto: Presets the sound as it was recorded/encoded without adding any surround effects.
- Multi Stereo: Outputs 2-channel left/right signals from all speakers.
Dolby Digital/DTS/Dolby Pro Logic: The Sony STR-DH750 AV receiver features Dolby Digital and DTS-HD decoding, as well as offers Dolby Pro Logic audio processing.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIxNote: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the A/V preamplifier via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the AV receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD D.C.S): HD Digital Cinema Sound (HD-D.C.S.) is Sony's new innovative home theater technology using the latest acoustic and digital signal processing technologies. It is based on precise response measurement data of a mastering studio. With this mode, you are able to enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies at home with not only the high quality of sound, but also the best sound ambience, just as the movie's sound engineer intended in the mastering process.
- For Movies:
- Dynamic: This setting is suitable for an environment which is reverberant but lacks a spacious feel (where sound absorption is not sufficient). It emphasizes the reflection of sound and reproduces the sound of a large, classic movie theater. This emphasizes the spacious feel of a dubbing theater and creates a unique acoustic field.
- Theater: This setting is suitable for a general living room. It reproduces the reverberation of sound just like in a movie theater (dubbing theater). It is most appropriate for watching content recorded on a Blu-ray Disc when you want the atmosphere of a movie theater.
- Studio: This setting is suitable for a living room with the appropriate sound devices. It reproduces the reverberation of sound provided when a theatrical sound source is remixed for a Blu-ray Disc to a volume level suitable for home use. The level of reflection and reverberation of sound is kept to a minimum, while dialogues and surround effects are reproduced vividly.
- For Music:
- Hall: Reproduces the acoustics of a classical concert hall.
- Jazz Club: Reproduces the acoustics of a jazz club.
- Live Concert: Reproduces the acoustics of a 300-seat live house.
- Stadium: Reproduces the feel of a large open-air stadium.
- Sports: Reproduces the feel of sports broadcasting.
- Portable Audio: Reproduces clear enhanced sound from your portable audio device. This mode is ideal for MP3s and other compressed music.
Pure Direct: The receiver's Pure Direct mode outputs audio from only the front left and right speakers without any tone or DSP processing; only the volume and front speaker balance adjustments are active.
Headphone Modes: The receiver offers two distinct headphone sound modes.
- HP 2CH: Sets the receiver to power only the front left and right speakers, no surround and no subwoofer. Two channel sources bypass the sound field processing and multi channel sources are down-mixed to 2 channels.
- HP Direct: Amplifies the source without any processing, only the volume and front speaker balance adjustments are active.
Advanced Audio Settings: These advanced audio settings allow you to tailor the sound to your source content, listening conditions, and your personal preferences.
- Equalizer: You can adjust the tonal quality (bass & treble level) of the front speakers from -6dB to +6dB, in 1dB steps.
- Auto Volume: Auto Volume adjust the volume automatically depending on the input signal or content from the connected equipment. This function is useful, for example, when the sound of a commercial is louder than the TV programs.
- Dynamic Range Compressor: This feature allows you to compress the dynamic range of the sound track. You can select standard or maximum compression, or off (only works with Dolby Digital sources).
- Night Mode: This function allows you to retain a theater like environment at low volume levels. When watching a movie late at night, you will still be able to hear the dialog clear even at a low volume level.
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Sony STR-DH750 offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Digital Inputs: The receiver has two optical digital inputs and one coaxial digital inputs (all assignable). You can choose auto decoding or PCM for the digital audio inputs. Auto will decode the signal in its original form (Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM, etc), PCM decodes the signal to 2-channel. All of the digital audio jacks are compatible with 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and 96 kHz sampling frequencies.
- Speaker Outputs: The receiver is equipped with binding post terminals for all speaker channels. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single only). Use speakers with a 6- to 16-ohm impedance.
- Dual Sub Outputs: The AV receiver is fitted with two subwoofer preamp outputs to connect dual powered subs (the subwoofer outputs share the same input signal and are not discrete).
- Headphones: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted. No sound is output from the headphones when iPod or iPhone is connected to the receiver.
HDMI 2.0: The receiver is equipped with four HDMI (v.2.0) inputs for connecting HDMI-equipped audio/video component; such as your satellite/cable receiver, Blu-ray/DVD player, and game system. It also allows you to connect all of your devices to your TV with a single HDMI cable via its ARC-compatible HDMI monitor output, reducing cable clutter. The receiver's HDMI v.2.0 jacks are compatible with 4K/60Hz and 1080p video, 3D video signals, Deep Color & x.v.Color technology; as well as LipSync, ARC, and HDMI control.
- 4K/60Hz Pass Through: 4K/60Hz Pass Through allows the Sony STR-DH750 to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K/60Hz compatible TV or display monitor.
- 3D-Ready: The Sony STR-DH750 is compatible with 3D-ready Blu-ray disc movies, video games, and other 3D content through its HDMI (v.1.4) connections. 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be needed.
- Deep/x.v.Color Support: The Sony AV receiver also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- A/V Sync: The audio output can be delayed so that the time gap between the audio output and the visual display is minimized. This is especially helpful when you are using a large LCD or plasma TV or a projection TV. When activated, the delay is fixed at 60 ms.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Note: The AV receiver's HDMI 2.0 jacks do not support the latest HDCP 2.2 copyright protection for 4K ultra-HD content, so it will not support 4K content from satellite/cable providers, online video services, and Blu-ray disc which are copyright protected with HDCP 2.2.
24p True Cinema Mode: The 24p True Cinema Mode allows you to watch movies at their native frame rate 24p format (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player.
MHL Compatible HDMI: One of the receiver's rear-panel HDMI inputs (labeled "Video/MHL") is MHL compatible, which provides direct connection of MHL compatible smartphones, like your Android smartphone. Playback of up to 1080p video and multi-channel audio from the phone is supported. The receiver will also charge (5V/1A) your connected phone. Play, Stop, and other basic operations can be controlled from the AV receiver's remote control.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through feature conveniently allows you to access all your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver.
Composite Video Inputs: The Sony STR-DH750 is also fitted with two analog composite video inputs and one composite video monitor output. The composite video jacks support 480i video signals only.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy WAV (8-48kHz; 16-bit), MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps), and AAC (48-320kbps)music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as your Android smartphone (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), Sony Walkman, or USB thumbdrive. The receiver can recognize up to 256 folders and 256 files in each folder. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Sony STR-DH750 features built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0) with support for A2DP 1.2, AVRCP 1.3, and AptX which allows you to wirelessly stream and control music on your Bluetooth-enabled using the AV receiver.
- SSP + NFC Pairing: The STR-DH750 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices (up to 9) with a single press of a button. Bluetooth-enabled devices (like Android 2.3.3 or later) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the NFC logo on the receiver and they're paired. NFC Easy Connect app is needed for your Android device, unless you have Android OS 4.1 or later installed. Once paired, the AV receiver will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 33').
- Wireless Audio Streaming w/ AptX: You'll be able to wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple device, Android smartphone/tablet, portable audio player, laptop, or PC to the Sony receiver. The AV receiver evens employs AptX audio coding technology for lossless, CD-quality streaming with compatible AptX-compatible phones (like some Androids). You'll also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. There is no song/artist information display on the receiver or connected TV. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony receiver.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The Sony STR-DH750 supports digital music playback from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad using its front-panel USB (type-A) port. Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver's front-panel USB port, using the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone/iPad. Stored music and music apps from your connected Apple device can be played through the AV receiver, bypassing the iPod/iPhone D/A converter for better sound quality. The iPod/iPhone/iPad can be controlled by the receiver's remote, or you can continue to use the Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen. You can search for stored music on your compatible Apple device by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. You also have access to Repeat (One/All/Off) and Shuffle (Songs/Albums/Off) functions. The receiver offers limited control (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) of music apps on your iPod/iPhone. Song/artist information from stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone will display on your connected TV via HDMI. Your Apple iPod/iPhone's battery will be charged while connected to the receiver (max. 1A). This unit will not charge the iPad. The Sony STR-DH750 is "made for iPod/iPhone" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 4/11/2014).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connection||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|USB||Bluetooth||Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
On-Screen Menu (via HDMI): You can display the menu of the receiver on your HDMI connected TV screen and select the function you want to use from the on-screen menu using the included IR remote control. If your TV is connected to the composite video monitor output, you will need to use the AV receiver's front-panel display when changing settings.
AM/FM Tuner: The STR-DH750 has 30 presets each for AM and FM for a total of 60. In addition to preset and auto tuning, stations can be tuned directly by frequency. Each preset station can be given an 8 character name.
Input Naming: You can enter a name of up to 8 characters for each of the receiver's inputs (except Tuner) and display the name on its display. This is convenient for labeling the jacks with the names of your connected components.
Sleep Timer: The unit may be set to automatically turn off after 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Auto Standby: Auto Standby lets you set the receiver switch to standby mode automatically after 30 minutes when you do not operate the receiver or when there is no signal input to the receiver.
Wireless Remote: The supplied IR remote is pre-coded to control this Sony receiver, Sony TVs, Sony CD players, Sony DVD players and recorders, and Sony Blu-ray disc players and recorders.
Bravia Sync (HDMI-CEC): Sony's Bravia Sync feature allows you to easily manage select Sony Bravia Sync components and other manufacturer's HDMI-CEC enabled audio/video components with a single remote. By connecting Bravia Sync and other components that are compatible with the HDMI Control function using a HDMI (1.3+) cable, operation is simplified in the following ways.
- One-Touch-Play: When you playback a component such as a DVD/Blu-ray Disc Player, the receiver and the TV are turned on automatically and switch to the appropriate HDMI input.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can select to output the sound from the TV speaker or the speakers connected to the receiver.
- System Power Off: When you turn off the TV, the receiver and connected components are also turned off simultaneously.
SongPal Remote App (via Bluetooth): By downloading Sony's free SongPal remote app (from iTunes or Google Play), you can use your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (2.3+) device to control the AV receiver via Bluetooth. From the SongPal remote app, you can select input sources and customize sound settings of the Sony AV receiver. You'll also be able to browse music stored on a connected USB mass storage class device (like your Android smartphone w/ Froyo or Gingerbread OS) from the SongPal remote app on your compatible smartphone. The SongPal app will even display song/artist information and album art. You'll need to exit this app to stream & control stored music or music apps on your Bluetooth-connected phone. This app does not allow you to select iPod as a source input or control your music from your USB-connected iPod/iPhone device; you will still need to use the receiver's remote control & on-screen menu or the Apple device's touchscreen/clickwheel.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
lots of info on your site, a simple system with the 2 channel drive works for me [ datrucks Feb 27, 2016 ]
have a system for home. this receiver is being used at our vacation camper. the blue tooth is going to be great for guest that have there type of music on there devises. also have speakers mounted on the front porch so the multy speaker combo will be great. [ richard Jan 27, 2016 ]
good reveiws [ Glenn Jan 16, 2016 ]
Compatible with our new blue ray player and new cd player. Also have sony speakers. [ Paula Jan 10, 2016 ]
Brand, and reviews, plus value. [ Thomas Jan 01, 2016 ]
Price, features - esp multiple HDMI inputs. Now I just need some good matching speakers... [ Gerard G. Jan 01, 2016 ]
I've owned 3 Sony Receivers now and none of them had failed me yet. This will be my fourth and seem to be the most budget-friendly than all of the rest that I've owned before. I've decided to buy it as it offers all that I'll be using it for and will be all that I'll need as a receiver. Can't really beat the price with it sound quality. [ JACINTO Jan 01, 2016 ]
OSD through HDMI port. Good price. Would have preferred a hard wire connector instead of RCA connector for subwoofer. [ John Dec 31, 2015 ]
Great product for the price! [ DANIEL Dec 30, 2015 ]
Good deal, had 4k pass through. [ Bryan Dec 30, 2015 ]
SONY NAME AND PRICE [ Beth Dec 30, 2015 ]
Price, and brand. [ Gary Dec 30, 2015 ]
great price [ JOE Dec 30, 2015 ]
Great value, good features, great reviews are why I chose this Sony receiver [ Bradley Dec 29, 2015 ]
Replacement for STR-DE605 [ Carl P. Dec 17, 2015 ]
Offers very nice set of features for the price. Very economical solution for a secondary TV. [ Hasitha Dec 16, 2015 ]
Good power to price ratio. Includes Bluetooth for $199. Hopefully it sounds decent as it'll be used 90/10 music/tv & movies. [ Sean Dec 16, 2015 ]
features and price and brand [ Vijay Dec 15, 2015 ]
Clearly best value for basic home theater receiver - have had good luck with Sony over the years. Replacing receiver that is more than 14 years old. . . [ Brian Dec 14, 2015 ]
Our current receiver was ancient and we desperately needed to update. [ WILDA Dec 13, 2015 ]
It's a Christmas present and the price was good. [ DeAnna Dec 13, 2015 ]
Reading the review and it was price right [ George Dec 13, 2015 ]
26 questions already asked
Yes they work. I run my HD cable box into the receiver via HDMI and listen to the B speakers on my porch. [ JASON Jun 24, 2016 ]
I assume you are referring to the Coaxial Digital input (RCA) which is for connection from the digital audio output of compatible source devices (CD/DVD player, a digital audio output from the TV, etc.): http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/home/connections_glossary.html#C The receiver does not have a built-in TV tuner so you cannot connect a cableTV cable to the receiver. I hope that helps! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Mar 09, 2016 ] Staff
2 answers Does anyone know how we can have our outside speakers playing while the inside speakers are off? We have everything hooked up and have sound outside, but it still plays inside. The issue is also that we have to turn it up quite high to hear it outside and the inside speakers are blaring. The downloaded owners manual say you can but doesn't tell how. Thank you. [ Amber Feb 06, 2016 ]
Don't have that set up but I have surround sound (5 speakers.) I use the remote AFD/2 channel button for switching from surround to stereo. Also try the movie and music buttons. Touching them more than once changes from one setting to another. [ ROBERT Feb 11, 2016 ]
Here is something to look into. You have hookups for a set of speakers called A, and for a separate set of speakers called B. Make sure you haven't accidently hooked one of your outside speakers to the A output and the other to the B output. You should be able to select whether you want the output to go to the A set of speakers, the B set of speakers, or to both. [ TIMOTHY Feb 11, 2016 ]
Probably. However, you will likely want to connect the Blue Ray/DVD player to your DH750 using HDMI. You will have to connect your WII using composite video (red, yellow and white RCA jacks). Typically, your VCR also uses composite video. This will all work. However, the DH750 does not have a media converter. So, you will also have to connect both the HDMI and the monitor out fro your DH750 to your television. Typically, you will have to switch between input sources on your television to select between the Blue Ray and the WII or VCR. Crutchfield expert advisors will be able to help with specific questions. [ William Feb 02, 2016 ]
Do not see why not. Has 4 HDMI's and also audio hook ups. [ ALBERT W Jan 25, 2016 ]
I don't know about a VCR, but though the RCA connections I guess you can. Blu-ray, DVD, and Wii will work just fine. [ ANTONIO Jan 25, 2016 ]
Yes. It will play a VCR - mine is hooked up via component cables. Blue ray DVD via HDMI cord. I don't have a Wii hooked up. [ MARK Jan 24, 2016 ]
Yes, it has hdmi outputs for all of those devices. You may have to get some hdmi adapters, but I'm sure you can play them all through this receiver [ ADRIAN Jan 24, 2016 ]
I've only used the hdmi inputs. There is a video in for Rca,s on the back which means you can do the vcr but as far as the weii I'm not sure what it uses for an input but if it's hdmi you can run it [ josh Jan 24, 2016 ]
If you want to connect an equalizer to this receiver, there is no separate aux or loop to do so. You must daisy chain the equalizer between the receiver and the component you wish to use with it. Say, CD out to EQ in, and EQ out to receiver (CD or other) in. Hope this helps. [ James Jan 19, 2016 ]
No There Is No Inputs Or Outputs For A Equalizer When I Had My 7.1 Sony Receiver I Had Bought From Crutchfield You Could. [ Rick Jan 19, 2016 ]
I also have a 14 band EQ but I tried but no success, if you figure it out let me know. [ Schaun Jan 18, 2016 ]
yes, but why would you, the purpose of the receiver is entertain, the equalizer is not needed, when you have a sound bar or regular speakers that is all that is required, the equalizer enhances the sound [ samuel Jan 18, 2016 ]
I Am not sure has the built in amp of course but I never tried it, it does have the aux and plenty of hookups [ RAYMOND C Jan 18, 2016 ]
You can use the turntable connected to a pre-amp that is connected to one of the 4 analog stereo audio inputs. Use the red and white rca cables. [ Mark Jan 17, 2016 ]
Yes you can use 2 subs. Back of receiver has 2 sub outs. Many receivers now a days are called .1 but are actually .2 If anything you can always use a splitter and that works fine also. [ rickyqueens,nyc Jan 18, 2016 ]
Yes you can .... It is a 7.2 system meaning you can hook up seven different channels or speakers, and 2 separate subwoofers. It has two separate "sub out" rca connections . Easy as pie [ ANTHONY Jan 17, 2016 ]
Yes. There are two sub outputs. It is a great receiver. [ MARK Jan 17, 2016 ]
Yes you can must use proper RCA cables Plus you must use the calibration microphone that comes with your receiver to balance out the 2 subwoofers [ THOMAS Jan 17, 2016 ]
Sure. There are two sub outputs on this amp. Since the subs are powered you could also use a splitter on a single output cable if you wanted. [ Richard Jan 17, 2016 ]
Yes. There are 2 RCA subwoofer outputs. [ BRETT Jan 16, 2016 ]
Yes you can. [ CHRISTOPHER Jan 16, 2016 ]
I hooked a turntable , CD player but no EQ. [ GEORGE B Jan 13, 2016 ]
Can't give you a definitive answer as I don't have any of the type equipment you mentioned. Don't know if your reviewed the manual or not. I attempted to provide a link to the manual but crutchfield won't allow links to other sites or stores. If you want to find it go to google and type in sony str-dh750 manual pdf. Sorry I couldn't offer more input. [ Charles Jan 12, 2016 ]
That depends on the accessories you are trying to connect. This receiver is a contemporary A/V receiver, so it's inputs are limited to HDMI (there are 4) and red/white coaxial audio and (yellow) coax video input. If you have "vintage" tape decks, cassette decks, or turntables you will need to connect using coax or buy a COAX-HDMI connector. You can google the model number and find what the back panel connections are to confirm compatibility with your components. [ RICHARD Jan 12, 2016 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I believe it is just audio only, to be sure I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Kenny Jan 05, 2016 ] Staff
I am not an audio/visual expert by any means but when I tried to watch from my cable source and then switch to the tuner setting , the receiver simply goes to the tuner setting and the video to the cable source is ended. So to answer your question ... No [ ANTHONY Dec 06, 2015 ]
No [ STEVE Dec 06, 2015 ]
Yes [ RICHARD J Dec 05, 2015 ]
The only experience I have had with this is watching TV while listening to music from my iPhone via the Bluetooth option. [ ERIK Dec 05, 2015 ]
You could but a passive subwoofer needs a seperate amp. That amp should have an rca in, that is where you would plug your sub out from receiver. [ rickyqueens,nyc Jan 18, 2016 ]
Don't know max but it will reach out to our pool speaker about 50' away. [ GEORGE B Nov 30, 2015 ]
I hooked up a powered sub woofer to mine. It has a dedicated sub woofer out on rear. Don't know why a passive wouldn't work. [ GEORGE B Nov 30, 2015 ]
There is no input for an external amp. I am however very pleased with the THD% with a 5.1 setup. The receiver perform great with all my inputs (Blu ray/video/Sat) [ BENJAMIN Nov 19, 2015 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Nov 15, 2015 ] Staff
Yes you can [ GARY Nov 08, 2015 ]
yes, if both have speakers conncted to each one (A/B). to be safe both should have nominal impedance of 8 ohm speakers rather than 4 ohm just to b safe [ Dennis Nov 08, 2015 ]
Switch from surround sound mode to 2 speaker mode. [ JIMMY Aug 30, 2015 ]
WHat do you mean by b speakers? [ VIJU Aug 23, 2015 ]
3 answers I want to use this receiver strictly for fm radio and Bluetooth capabilities in an outdoor pool setting. I want to hook up a pair of speakers to one zone and another pair on another zone. Is this receiver good to do this with? Would I have to change the Settings that would allow 2 channel hi fi audio throughout all channels? [ brad Aug 12, 2015 ]
I bought this system for my pool patio and strictly use for FM and Bluetooth. I hooked up two outdoor speakers and run it off the front speakers like it is a stereo receiver. [ KEITH D Aug 14, 2015 ]
I Would purchase a receiver with multi room settings. That way you don't have to try to do a two channel set all the way around. However this Bluetooth setting is an amazing feature on this. Walk in turn on your receiver and stream right from you phone. [ MAURICE Aug 12, 2015 ]
This receiver will do what you are asking. [ CLAY Aug 12, 2015 ]
Make sure in the setup menu, the HDMI function is turned on. [ tajon Oct 27, 2015 ]
I guess you are switching to Netflix or Amazon prime in the TV and you want the audio to go through the receiver, right? If it is a newer TV, then probably it supports audio return channel. You may want to get an HDMI cable that supports audio return channel and connect to the receiver. Then the audio from TV should go to the receiver. [ VIJU Jun 17, 2015 ]
1 answer How far will the Bluetooth reach to my iPhone from the receiver? I want to run one zone outside for my pool area and the main zone inside for movies. The receiver will sit in the living room and right beside the window facing the backyard. Will this receiver let me control my zone two music from the backyard (less than 30ft away)? [ mjmcbride1 May 19, 2015 ]
Yes it will work. [ SAMUEL May 20, 2015 ]
I believe that it is IR but due the Bravia sync you could easily hide it anywhere you want. [ Ryan Apr 08, 2015 ]
we have ours in a cabinet and it works, so pretty sure its RF, here's the part# off the remote we have so you can check with Sony perhaps:RM-AAU190 [ MARK Apr 08, 2015 ]
It's IR. I'm using a Harmony 900 to achieve what you are wanting. If you're just hiding the A/V, most newer TVs can control the volume, via HDMI. [ CORY Apr 08, 2015 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Apr 08, 2015 ] Staff
Absolutely. I have only 3, left, right and center. I am quite satisfied with the sound. There are many sound field settings available that you can explore to enhance the sound you get even more. [ TIMOTHY Mar 30, 2015 ]
Yes- there are several options for speaker set up and number of speakers in the settings. I'm just running front and center right now until I add the rear and the sub. [ DAVID H Mar 30, 2015 ]
yes I have three subwoofer hook up to mine and seven other speakers and it they good all around the room [ CURTIS L Mar 09, 2015 ]
The speakers are wired but the Bluetooth is awesome for wireless play. In standby once you connect on your ios device it turns on your amp on and automatically sreams what you want to play. Best feature of the amp if you ask my wife. She can turn it on anywhere in the house. [ Ryan Mar 08, 2015 ]
this sony str-dh750 has a normal u.s. 3 prong plug and operates on 120v. [ GEORDY Jan 07, 2015 ]
The unit does not have a switch to change voltage of the power supply. [ ROBERT Jan 05, 2015 ]
No it is wired for USA use only [ MICHAEL Jan 05, 2015 ]
No [ CONRAD Jan 05, 2015 ]
I find no information in the manual I downloaded on this unit about this issue. I do not believe it has a power supply for dual voltages. [ Wayne L Jan 05, 2015 ]
Mine is for USA sales, so it is only 120v. Sony does sell in other countries to suit the local voltage requirements. [ BENJAMIN Jan 05, 2015 ]
The spec sheet for this A/V receiver indicates there is no phono input. I believe you can buy a separate pre-amplifier unit for the phono that will provide an audio output that can be connected to the receiver. [ TIMOTHY Dec 21, 2014 ]
yes you can hook up any player to your receiver ,remember to connect a hdmi cable to your tv to reset speakers and out audio [ LARRY Dec 21, 2014 ]
I don't believe so...it is more designed for a home theater system... [ KARLEE Dec 21, 2014 ]
yes very good for surround and very clear sound [ CURTIS L Dec 10, 2014 ]
It should run your 6.1s just fine. I'm running a mix of old Jensen 3-ways w/15" woofers and a homemade center channel and it sounds great. Using the supplied mic during set-up will dial everything in for the best sound. [ MARK Dec 10, 2014 ]
well you even have extra speakers outputs 9.1 or simplify your needs by doing the speaker set up with the mike in the center of your room. [ Luis Dec 10, 2014 ]
I can think of 2 ways to do this. first way is to connect your switch to the front speaker outs then run all your speakers off your switch. second way is connect your switch to the surround/bi-amp outs and connect your surround speakers up normally. the second way being more practical because you would have your reciever in the same zone with your surround speakers, all other zones would be controlled from your switch. [ drplastics Sep 30, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Krissy Aug 04, 2014 ] Staff