Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Portable Wi-Fi® server and storage device
From Sony: WG-C10 Portable Wireless Server-CR
Our take on the Sony WGC10/N by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
The Sony WGC-10/N portable wireless server expands the media storage and sharing options available for your Apple® iOS® or Android™ smart device. Running out of space for your tunes? Back up files wirelessly to free up space on your smartphone or tablet. Simply insert an SD memory card into WGC10/n's slot or connect a USB flash drive and go.
Or take pictures on your digital camera, transfer its SD card to the WGC10/N and upload the pictures via your smartphone or tablet to social networks and picture-sharing sites. A free, downloadable app is available for easy control. The WGC10/N also functions as a power source for USB-connected devices while on the go, and streams content to up to 8 users simultaneously.
What's in the Box:
- Portable wireless server
- 10.5" microUSB-to-USB cable
- USB cable clip
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Information
- Software License Agreement
- Online Product Registration
- provides wireless external storage for your iOS® or Android smart device
- free downloadable Personal Wireless Server app enables device control
- streams content to up to eight devices
- allows smart devices to wirelessly access media on SD memory cards and USB flash drives for convenient upload and sharing
- provides portable backup power to USB-connected devices while on the go
- 802.11 b/g/n-compliant, 2.4GHz
- 2210mAh internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 4-1/8"W x 3/4"H x 2"D
- 4.59 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Portable Wireless Server: The Sony WG-C10/NWC1 Portable Wireless Server makes it easy to transfer and share content between your smartphone, tablet, camera, or computer. This device also doubles up as a power backup for smartphones and offers additional storage.
- Streaming Content: By using the WGC-10/NWC1's built-in WiFi (802.11b/g/n), you can play back data (photos, music, videos, document files, etc.) in a memory card inserted in this unit or in a device connected via USB, on a smartphone, tablet or computer connected to the same network. You can also use this unit as a memory card reader by connecting it to your computer via the supplied USB cable.
- Copying Content: You can copy data between a memory card inserted in this unit, a device connected to this unit via USB, or a device (computer, tablet, smartphone) by which you are operating this unit. This unit does contain its own built-in storage.
PWS Manager App: The PWS Manager is a dedicated application for Sony's WG-C10/NWC1 Portable Wireless server which allows you to connect your Android or Apple iOS device to the Sony portable wireless server via WiFi and allows you to control playback and copy content connected to the server. You will need to download the PWS Manager app from the iTunes App Store onto your Apple iOS device (iOS 5.0+) or the Google Play Store onto your Android smartphone/tablet (2.3 & 4.0+)
Compatible Operating Systems: The Sony WG-C10/NWC1 is compatible with select Android devices (2.3 & 4.0+), Apple iOS devices (iOS 5.0+), Windows PC (XP SP3+, Vista SP2+, 7 SP1+, & Windows 8), and Mac computers (Mac OS X version 10.6+).
Supported Memory Cards: The WG-C10/NWC1 supports Memory Sticks (Duo, Pro Duo, Pro-HG Duo, & Micro), SD/SDHC memory cards, SDXC memory cards, and microSD/SDHC memory cards.
Supported File Formats: The WG-C10/NWC1 Portable Wireless Server offers playback and copying of Photo (JPEG/GIF/PNG/BMP/TIFF), Audio (PCM/AAC/MP3) and Video (MPEG4) files. It also supports document files (PDF/Text/Microsoft Word/Microsoft Excel/Microsoft PowerPoint).
Supported USB Devices: The Sony WG-C10/NWC1 provides data transferring from USB thumbdrives/flash drives, digital still cameras, and other USB mass storage class devices (like select Android smartphones/tablets). The WG-C10/NWC1 also provides charging of smartphones, digital still camera, and many other devices that can be charged via USB. It will not charge iPads and tablets.
Rechargeable Battery: The WG-C10/NWC1 features a built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (2210maH). The built-in Lithium-Ion battery not only powers the WG-C10/NWC1, but also provides power & charging to select connected portable USB devices. The built-in battery can be recharged from a free USB port on your computer or 3rd party AC/USB adapter (sold separately). Charging time takes approximately 8 hours via a computer and 3.5 hours via an AC/USB adapter. At full charge the battery will approximately 5.5 to 10 hours, depending on content that is being played back or copied.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.