Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sony XA120IP iPod® Interface Adapter
Control your iPod from your Sony stereo
Our take on the Sony XA120IP iPod® Interface Adapter by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Connect your iPod to select 2006-up Sony stereos with the XA-120iP iPod interface adapter. It lets you control just about every aspect of iPod playback right from your stereo. Jump between tracks, search for songs, and even browse tracks without fumbling around with your iPod track and playlist information show up right on your stereo's display.
The XA-120iP adapter offers full-speed access to the iPod no more lag time in search and scroll mode and charges the iPod's battery while it's connected (adapter required for certain iPods).
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
Excellent product, easy to use, plug & play.
What's in the Box:
- iPod interface adapter with attached 39" iPod doc connector cable
- 6.5' DIN-cable with a proprietary connector on each end
- 6.5' Stereo RCA cable
- 2 Velcro strips
- Operating Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Limited Warranty card (U.S. only)
- Consumer 1 Year Warranty (Canada only)
- Information Document
- iPod adapter for 2006-up Sony stereos that have Sony's UniLink input
- control iPod functions from your car radio
- track and playlist information shows up your stereo's display
- charges iPod while in use
- compatible with any Generation 3 and newer iPod with a dock connector (not compatible with iPod shuffle or iPhones)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony XA120IP iPod® Interface Adapter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Adapter Type||iPod audio in w/ iPod control|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This adapter select iPods with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by select Sony receivers. All the iPod buttons will be disabled when connected to this adapter and it will be controlled from the Sony receiver. With this interface, you will be able to play your iPod music files through your Sony receiver and have all the titling information appear on the Sony's display. Using the optional XA-C40 (item number 158XAC40), this adapter and two other compatible Sony UniLink devices (satellite tuner, CD changer, etc) can be controlled by the same receiver.
iPod Compatibility: The Sony XA-120IP iPod control interface is "Made for iPod" compatible and support the following iPod model features (as of Nov. 2009):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Info||Track Info|
Note: The XA-120IP will not charge the iPod nano (4th/5th generation) and the iPod touch (2nd/3rd generation) without the Scosche passPORT (142IFWA, sold separately). It is not compatible with the iPod shuffle or iPhone.
Receiver Compatibility: The XA-120IP is compatible with most UniLink controlling head units introduced in October 2005 and later (2006-up model year). It is not compatible with the any models introduced prior to October 2005.
Controls: In addition to the standard play/pause, track skip (forward and backward), and search within a song (forward and backward), you can also:
- Search: by album name, artist name, or playlist
- Repeat: track, album, artist, or playlist
- Shuffle: within album, artist, playlist, or all tracks
- Scan: the first 10 seconds of each track
Connections: The XA-120IP has the following connections:
- UniLink Output: located on the front of the adapter, connects directly to the Sony head unit using the supplied UniLink and RCA cable
- iPod Connection: located on the rear of the adapter, connects to the dock of the iPod, 39" cable is attached to the XA-120IP
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.