Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
150W x 2 Car Amp
Item # 158XM2150 | MFR # XM2150GSX
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony XM-2150GSX by Crutchfield's Robert Ferency-Viars
Beauty is more than skin deep. Inside the hot-looking exterior of the XM-2150GSX amplifier, Sony uses cool-running, ultra-quick MOSFET power supplies and output devices, so their amps give your music the impact and clarity you want. Need big juice for some wicked bass? Bridge this amp to mono operation for 380 watts of hard-drivin' power. Running high-quality full-range speakers or components? The XM-2150GSX's low-noise, high-fidelity design will bring out every detail of your music.
Built-in high-pass/low-pass crossovers help you tune your system to perfection. Kick in the variable bass boost for up to 10 dB of low-frequency "bump." All connections and controls are located on one side of the amp, for a clean-looking setup.
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 190 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 380 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- MOSFET power supply and output stages
- 50-300 Hz high-pass/low-pass filter, 12 dB/octave
- line-level and speaker-level inputs
- gold-plated connectors
- preamp outputs
- variable bass boost (0-10 dB) centered at 40 Hz
- requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
- dimensions: 14-1/16"W x 2"H x 10-1/4"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- 2-channel amplifier with a 40-amp fuse installed in chassis
- Four 3/4" mounting screws
- Warranty Information sheet
- Over current: shuts off the amp when the speaker outputs are short-circuited
- Offset: shuts off the amp when the speaker wires or ground lead is not securely connected
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature is too high
Pulse Power Supply: The Pulse Power Supply regulates fluctuating voltage from the car's battery.
Crossover: The crossover is variable from 50-300Hz, and can be set for high-pass or low-pass operation. If you need full range output, the crossover may be turned off.
Bass Boost: The bass boost is variable from 0 to +10dB at 40Hz.
Test-Tone: The amplifier includes a built-in oscillator that can be activated to check system performance; if the test-tone button is pressed and tones are heard through your speakers, the amplifier is in good working condition.
Line-out: One set of RCA stereo jacks is provided for easy connection to a second amp; the output signal is a full-range pass-through signal from the inputs.
- Level Control: a rotary control used to set the amplifier's input sensitivity to match the level of the incoming signal
- Filter Selector Switch: used to select high-pass, low-pass or off
- Crossover Frequency Control: sets the cut off frequency when the low- or high-pass filter is engaged. It is adjustable from 50 to 300Hz with a 12 dB/octave slope.
- Low Boost Knob: allows a 0 to +10dB boost in bass frequencies at 40Hz
- Test-Tone Button: allows for system condition check; if tones are heard when the button is pressed, the system is in good condition
- Over Current LED: illuminates in red when the speaker outputs are short-circuited
- Offset LED: illuminates in red when the speaker wire or ground lead has become disconnected, generating a DC current
- Thermal LED: illuminates in red when the temperature rises to an unsafe level
- Power LED: illuminates in green when the unit is on
Front Panel of Amplifier:
- Line Input: gold-plated RCA stereo jacks (for mono operation use the left RCA input jack marked "BTL")
- Line Output: gold-plated RCA stereo jacks; provide a full-range pass-through signal from the inputs
- High-level (speaker-level): input is made through spring clip terminals with bare wire (16-22 AWG)
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated screw terminals (each terminal is 0.351" wide)
- Power and Ground Connections: gold-plated screw terminals (each terminal is 0.436" wide)
- Remote Turn-on Input: a plastic spring-loaded terminal clamps the remote turn-on wire
Continuous RMS Output (rated with a supply voltage of 14.4 volts):
- 150 Watts x 2 (20-20k, .04% THD at 4 ohms)
- 190 Watts x 2 (20-20k, 0.1% THD at 2 ohms)
- 380 Watts bridged (20-20k, 0.1% THD at 4 ohms)
- 300 Watts x 2 (at 4 ohm)
- 760 Watts (bridged) at 4 ohm
- Current Drain: 40 Amps (at rated output into 4 Ohms)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.