Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sony ES XM-6001GXD
300W x 1 Car Amplifier
Item # 158XM6001 | MFR # XM-6001GXD
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony ES XM-6001GXD
Sony's Xplod Mobile ES XM-6001GXD mono amp is all about power. This ultra-efficient, Class D bruiser is stable all the way down to 1 ohm. Connect three 4-ohm subs, and the XM-6001GXD delivers a mind-bending 810 watts that's 270 watts of Sony ES power per sub! The built-in phase shift adjuster allows you to synchronize your low frequencies with your highs and mids for maximum impact.
MOSFET power supplies and output stages produce a flood of clean power. The variable (50-300 Hz, 18 dB per octave) crossover and adjustable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz) allow you to adjust the bass to your car's acoustic environment. If you're a low-frequency lover, the XM-6001GXD will take you to bass nirvana. 2-year warranty.
Important Note: A 4-gauge amp wiring kit alone is not sufficient for installing this amplifier. Please call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 for wiring recommendations.Details:
- MOSFET power supply and output stage
- Class D circuitry
- 300 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- 600 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 1-ohm stable
- 50-300 Hz low-pass filter, 18 dB/octave
- 0-10 dB bass boost at 40 Hz
- 0°-180° Phase Shift Adjustment
- speaker-level inputs
- gold-plated connectors
- 4-way protection circuitry
- 14-1/8"W x 2"H x 10-1/2"D
- 2-year warranty
im driving a power acustik mofo 12 at 1 ohm and its unbelievable. dosnt get hot, never shuts off. if you can find one that works buy it.
What's in the Box:
- Red and black mono amplifier
- Three 25-amp blade fuses (installed)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual (English/French)
- Warranty sheet
Sony ES XM-6001GXD Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Class D Technology: Class D amplifier design is used to maximize efficiency, while maintaining the ability to drive difficult loads. The class D design allows this unit deliver a lot of power without generating as much heat as other amplifier designs, and it can drive a 1-ohm load.
Phase Shift Adjustment Control: The phase shift adjustment control allows you to shift the phase at 40Hz from 0 to 180 degrees. When this amplifier is used to power a subwoofer (or subwoofers), the phase shift control can be used to prevent phase cancellation of low frequencies that are output by the subwoofer and full-range or component speakers in your system. Matching the phase of your subwoofers with the phase of other speakers in your system ensures bass response does not suffer due to phase cancellation.
Crossover: This amplifier includes a continuously variable 18dB/octave, 50-300 Hz low-pass crossover. Since this amplifier is made specifically for driving subwoofers, the crossover is always active; it is not possible to obtain full range output from this amplifier.
Bass Boost: Bass response may be boosted from 0 to +10dB for frequencies around 40 Hz.
Test-tone: The amplifier includes a built-in oscillator that can be activated to check system performance; if the test-tone button is pressed and tones are heard through your speakers, the amplifier is in good working condition.
- Over current: shuts off the amp when the input signal is too high
- Offset: shuts off the amp when the output voltage is too high
- Thermal: shuts off the amp when the operating temperature is too high
Line-out: One set of RCA stereo jacks are provided for easy connection to a second amp; the output signal is a full-range pass through signal from the inputs.
- Supply voltage for power ratings: 14.4V DC
- RMS power at 4 ohms: 300 watts x 1 (20-300Hz, at 0.2% THD)
- RMS power at 2 ohms: 600 watts x 1 (20-300Hz, at 0.6% THD)
- RMS power at 1 ohms: 1000 watts x 1 (20-300Hz, at 1.2% THD)
- Max power output at 4 ohms: 600 watts x 1
- Max power output at 2 ohms: 1200 watts x 1
- Operating voltage: 10.5-16V allowable
- Current consumption (at rated output): 40 A
- Phase Shift Adjustment Range: 0-180 degrees (at 40 Hz)
- Crossover frequency control: an inset rotary control that sets the crossover cut off frequency from 50 to 300Hz
- Phase control: an inset rotary control used to vary the phase shift at 40Hz from 0 to 180 degrees
- Low Boost control: an inset rotary control used to set the bass boost from 0 to +10dB at 40 Hz
- Level control: an inset rotary control used to set the amplifier's input sensitivity to match the level of the incoming signal
- Test Tone button: allows for system condition check; if tones are heard when the button is pressed, the system is in good condition
- Over Current LED: illuminates in red when receiving a powerful signal
- Offset LED: illuminates in red when the voltage going out to the speaker terminal or the pin jack is too high
- Thermal LED: illuminates in red when the temperature rises to an unsafe level
- Power LED: illuminates green when the unit is on
- +12V (power): screw terminal (0.555" wide)
- GND (ground): screw terminal (0.555" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): push-pin spring terminal (accepts 16- to 22-gauge wire)
- Speaker-level inputs: push-pin spring terminals (accept 16- to 22-gauge wire)
- Line-In: two RCA jacks
- Line-Out: two RCA jacks
- Fuse: three 25 amp fuses (inserted)
- Speaker outputs: screw terminals (0.35" wide)
Note: There are two +/- pairs of speaker terminals, but they are connected together internally and they provide mono output. If two 4-ohm speakers are connected, one to each set of terminals, the amplifier will see a 2-ohm load, because the terminals are internally connected, in parallel with each other
Wiring Recommendation: This amplifier uses three 25-amp fuses, so its fuse rating (75-amps total) exceeds that of typical 4 gauge wiring kits, which tend to include a 60-amp fuse. The highest AGU fuse values carried by Crutchfield are 70 and 80 amps. To accommodate the entire 75-amp fuse rating, the fuse included with a pre-packaged wiring kit should be replaced with an 80-amp AGU fuse (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.