Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
6.2" flush-mount LCD monitor
Item #: 158XVMB62
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony XV-MB62 by Crutchfield's Alexander Hrabe
Keep the backseat entertained via this XVM-B62 6.2" widescreen LCD monitor from Sony. Perfect for watching movies or playing video games on long trips, you can use the included bracket to custom-mount the XVM-B62 into a compatible headrest for seamless integration into your vehicle. The screen includes two inputs for your audio/video gear, and controls for adjusting the color, contrast, and brightness of the picture. Once again, Sony makes media in your car look good.
What's in the Box:
- 6.2" Mobile monitor (w/ attached 5' proprietary cable)
- 18" Power/ground harness (10A fuse installed)
- 10' Video cable
- Headrest bracket
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Information
- "Warning" note
- flush-mount TFT-LCD active matrix monitor with 6.2" display
- aspect ratio: 16:9; video system: PAL/NTSC
- features two A/V RCA inputs with internal switching capability and an infrared remote controller input terminal
- input power requirement: 12 V DC car battery
- unit dimensions: 6-1/2"W x 1-1/8"H x 4-3/16"D
- headrest housing and mounting plate included
- warranty: 1 year limited
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
6.2" TFT-LCD Monitor: The Sony XVM-B62 mobile monitor features a 6.2" widescreen (16:9) TFT-LCD screen with a resolution of 1440 (w) x 234 (h) for a total pixel count of 336,960. Employing the latest technology in display screens, the TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) active matrix display promises graphics and still images rich in color, sharp in definition, and detailed in resolution.
Low-Reflection Panel: The low reflection LCD panel reduces the glare from outside light source, making it easier to watch video and view pictures in the vehicle.
Video Adjust: The Sony XVM-B62 mobile monitor offers Picture, Brightness, Color, and Hue adjustments.
- Picture: The Picture adjustment helps to produce sharp, contrast images.
- Brightness: The adjustable brightness control allows you to tailor the screen's brightness to your vehicle's lighting conditions.
- Color: This setting adjust the overall color of the image.
- Hue: Adjust this feature if the picture is reddish or greenish.
Screen Mode: You can select between Full, Normal, Wide, or Zoom for the monitor's Screen Mode.
- Full: An image with an aspect ratio of 4:3 is enlarged to the left and right edges of the screen will be displayed.
- Normal: A image with an aspect ratio of 4:3 is displayed.
- Wide: An image with an aspect ratio of 4:3, with only the left and right sides of the image being enlarged to fill the screen.
- Zoom: An image with an aspect ratio of 4:3 is enlarged to the left and right edges of the screen with the overflowing parts (top & bottom) cut off to fill the screen.
NTSC/PAL Formats: You can easily switch between PAL and NTSC video system formats.
Dual Video Inputs: Two composite video inputs are provided for connecting an automobile-grade Blu-ray/DVD player and portable video game system. The two video inputs consist of two male RCA connectors on a 10' cable. The two male RCA connectors plug into your video sources, while the other end of the cable plugs into the monitor's attached 5' proprietary cable.
Head Rest Mount: The Sony XVM-B62 mobile monitor includes a mounting bracket which allows it to be custom fit into many vehicle head rests. The head rest bracket requires a cutout of 6.6875" (w) x 4.4375" (h) x 1.25" (d).
Power/Ground & Parking Brake: The monitor will also need to be connected to accessory power (red) and ground (black) inside the vehicle. A parking brake wire (green) is included if you choose to mount the monitor in the front of the vehicle. The parking brake wire prevents you from viewing video while you are driving. The vehicle's parking brake will need to be fully engaged to view video. Its illegal to view video in the front of the vehicle while driving.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.