Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Trunk-mount 2-channel equalizer with level matching (White)
Our take on the AudioControl EQL by Crutchfield's Charlie Pastorfield
13 bands of adjustment
AudioControl builds the EQL for one reason — to make your system sound better. This versatile 2-channel equalizer features 13 bands of adjustment for sonic fine tuning, along with level controls that allow you to match any receiver to any amplifier. And speaker-level inputs allow you to connect the EQL to just about any car stereo, even to factory amps up to 400 watts.
Most car audio problems occur in the bass frequencies, so the EQL gives you six bands of equalization between 31.5 and 180 Hz, along with a rolloff filter that keeps ultra-low bass out of your subwoofer system. You also get seven bands of equalization at octave intervals from 250 Hz all the way up to 16,000 Hz.
Level matching for max performance
Once connected, the EQL makes it easy — turn up the input gain knobs until the indicator light flickers, adjust the output knobs until the light indicates the proper output, and you're all set. Balanced inputs reject noise caused by your vehicle's electrical system.
Installed on a Rockford Fosgate 5-channel amp,with JBL in the doors, Pioneer 12 in the trunk, Clarion highs in the back dash.Really brightened everything up,and brought the staging up to eye level.
What's in the Box:
- Pre-amp Equalizer (white)
- Owner's manual
- QC checklist
- Product registration card
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
- dual 13-band equalizers with level matching controls
- white steel chassis with gold-plated RCA jacks
- top-mounted controls for easy adjustment
- 2-channel preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- balanced inputs eliminate noise
- 33 Hz subsonic filter eliminates extreme low bass (rolloff point can be adjusted with optional module)
- EQ points: 31.5, 45, 63, 90, 125, 180, 250 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000 Hz
- frequency response: 10 to 20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB at full output
- maximum output level: 7.5 volts
- fuse rating: 2 amps
- size: 6-15/16"H x 8-15/16"W x 1-1/4"D
- weight: 3 pounds
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
AudioControl EQL Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Dual Bandwidth Equalization: A total of 13 bands are available over two bandwidths, each band has separate dials for the left and right channels:
- Full Octave EQ: A 7-band full octave equalizer controls frequencies above the bass range; the center frequencies are 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
- Half Octave EQ: A 6-band 1/2 octave equalizer controls the bass frequency range; the center frequencies are 31.5 Hz, 45 Hz, 63 Hz, 90 Hz, 125 kHz, and 180 kHz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
Input Gain: The input gains for the left and right channels are set independently. The range is adjustable +/-18 dB to match the source output to the EQ input.
Output Level: The adjustable output levels allow you to increase the head unit's line voltage to the top of your amp's input range; up to 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak.
Balanced Inputs: Using the balanced differential input circuit cancels noise picked up in the transmission line between the EQL and the source unit.
Speaker Level Inputs: The speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory installed radios.
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote terminal and the speaker level input terminals are removable; the wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the EQL. The terminal block will accommodate wire up to 12 gauge.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter crossover point is 33 Hz and the crossover slope is 18 dB/octave. The crossover point is governed by a replaceable chip, so it can be modified.
Bypass: The bypass switch allows you to instantly bypass all the EQ adjustments.
Inputs and Outputs:
- Line Input: stereo RCA, balanced
- Speaker Input: removable stereo terminal block
- Line Output: stereo RCA
- Power Input: removable terminal block
- Maximum Output: 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak
- Frequency response: 10 Hz-20 kHz; ±1 dB
- THD: 0.005%
- S/N Ratio: 110dB
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I have Audiocontrol pieces now that I love! [ Roger Mar 31, 2016 ]