Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Stereo 13-band graphic equalizer with 2-way crossover (Gray)
Our take on the AudioControl EQX by Crutchfield's Charlie Pastorfield
AudioControl's EQX graphic equalizer will make your music sound awesome in your car. Each channel on this versatile stereo equalizer features 13 bands of adjustment for sonic fine tuning, along with level controls that allow you to match any receiver to any amplifier. The EQX's 2-way crossover offers a pair of high-passed outputs for your full-range speakers, two pair of low-passed outputs for subwoofers, and a pair of full-range outputs for expanding your system even further with additional amps and speakers.
The crossover uses a steep 24 dB per octave slope to cleanly separate the high and low frequencies. You can change the preset 90 Hz crossover point by installing another AudioControl module, or by modifying the module installed in your EQX. A built-in filter removes subsonics from your signal so your amps and subs will play more efficiently.
Most car audio problems occur in the bass frequencies, so the EQX gives you six bands of equalization between 31.5 and 180 Hz. You also get seven bands of equalization at octave intervals from 250 Hz all the way up to 16,000 Hz.
Level matching for max performance
Speaker-level inputs let you connect the EQX to just about any car stereo, even to factory amps that put out up to 100 watts. Once connected, the EQX makes it simple — turn up the input gain knobs until the maximized light comes on, adjust the output knobs until the output level lights up, and you're all set. Balanced inputs reject noises that are sometimes caused by a vehicle's electrical system.
What's in the Box:
- Pre-amp Equalizer/Crossover (gray)
- Owner's manual
- QC checklist
- Product registration card
- dual 13-band equalizers with level matching controls
- gray steel chassis with gold-plated RCA jacks
- Linkwitz-Riley 2-way crossover (90 Hz at 24 dB/octave)
- top-mounted controls for easy adjustment
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 6-channel outputs: full range, high-pass, and low-pass
- balanced inputs eliminate noise
- 33 Hz subsonic filter eliminates extreme low bass (rolloff point can be adjusted with optional module)
- EQ points: 31.5, 45, 63, 90, 125, 180, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000 Hz
- frequency response: 10 to 20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB at full output
- maximum output level: 9.5 volts
- fuse rating: 2 amps
- size: 6-15/16"H x 8-15/16"W x 1-1/4"D
- weight: 3 pounds
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
AudioControl EQX Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Dual Bandwidth Equalization: A total of 13 bands are available over two bandwidths, each band has separate dials for the left and right channels:
- Full Octave EQ: A 7-band full octave equalizer controls frequencies above the bass range; the center frequencies are 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
- Half Octave EQ: A 6-band 1/2 octave equalizer controls the bass frequency range; the center frequencies are 31.5 Hz, 45 Hz, 63 Hz, 90 Hz, 125 Hz, and 180 Hz. The rotary knobs adjust the signal +/-12 dB. There's a notch at each knob's center position so it's easy to return to the flat setting.
Input Gain: The input gains for the left and right channels are set independently. The range is adjustable +/-18 dB to match the source output to the EQ input.
Output Level: The adjustable output levels allow you to increase the head unit's line voltage to the top of your amp's input range; up to 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak.
Balanced Inputs: Using the balanced differential input circuit cancels noise picked up in the transmission line between the EQX and the source unit.
Speaker Level Inputs: The speaker level inputs are compatible with most factory installed radios.
Terminal Blocks: The power/ground/remote terminal and the speaker level input terminals are removable; the wiring is attached to the block, then the block is plugged into the EQX. The terminal block will accommodate wire up to 12 gauge.
Crossover: The crossover point between the high-pass and low-pass outputs is 90 Hz and the crossover slope is 24 dB/octave. The crossover point is governed by a replaceable chip, so it can be modified.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter crossover point is 33 Hz and the crossover slope is 18 dB/octave. The crossover point is governed by a replaceable chip, so it can be modified.
Bridging Output: The mono and inverted low-pass outputs can be used to bridge many amplifiers that don't have internal bridging circuitry.
Bypass: The bypass switch allows you to instantly bypass all the EQ adjustments.
Inputs and Outputs:
- Line Input: stereo RCA, balanced
- Speaker Input: removable stereo terminal block
- Full Range Output: stereo RCA, not crossed over
- High-Pass Output: stereo RCA, frequencies above the crossover point
- Low-Pass Output: stereo RCA, frequencies below the crossover point
- Mono/Bridged Output: two RCA, one mono, the other inverted
- Power Input: removable terminal block
- Maximum Output: 9.5 volts RMS/13 volts peak
- Frequency response: 10 Hz-20 kHz; ±1 dB
- THD: 0.005%
- S/N Ratio: 110dB
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I owned different Audio control products. I have audio control epic center in sierra white. Also the price at $149 is comparable to sonix electronic and woofer etc and Techtronic company. It might be open box or scratch but audio control has 5 year warranty and I own audio control products for 18 years and it still works. Thank you [ Lawrence3000torrance Mar 29, 2017 ]
Reasonably priced. [ Karen Jun 17, 2016 ]