Planar magnetic headphones
- over-the-ear headphones for creating and enjoying music
- direct lineage to legendary Fostex RP studio headphones
- African mahogany wood earcups offer a rich, organic sound with smooth, relaxed highs
- wood housings machined into shape of classic Fostex RP earcup design
- semi-open design combines airiness of open-back headphones with the strong bass of a closed model
- a separate headphone amplifier will properly power these headphones for optimum sound quality
- planar magnetic drivers deliver a well-balanced, accurate sound
- Regular Phase (RP) diaphragms produce clear, detailed mids
- high-grade copper foil voice coil
- powerful neodymium magnet array moves diaphragm quickly for superb dynamics
Accessories and Specs:
- detachable 49" oxygen-free cable with 3.5mm mini plug
- locking system keeps cable securely connected to headphones
- soft genuine leather strap headband for proper fit
- plush, memory foam ear pads
- frequency response: 15-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- impedance: 50 ohms
- weight: 13 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 1 Pair headphones
- 1.5 m Unbalanced cable with 3.5 mm connector
- Owner's manual
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Fostex RPmk3 series headphones are the successor to the reputed RPmk2 series monitor headphones, which have been used in professional recording studios around the world for more than 30 years. Their unique planar-magnetic (orthodynamic) driver utilizes Fostex's proprietary Regular Phase (RP) technology. This technology uses a diaphragm driver with a copper foil etched polyimide film and a powerful neodymium magnet, capable of handling a maximum input level of up to 3000 mW. The housing, ear pads, and head pad have all been redesigned to get maximum performance from the RP driver while providing maximum comfort for the listener. The T60RP's housing is made of African mahogany, which helps add depth to the sound, and features ear pads made of low-repulsion urethane with a soft artificial leather exterior.
Balanced Output: The T60RP includes an 1.5 m unbalanced cable with a 3.5 mm connector, but is set up to use one of their optional balanced cables as well, either with a 2.5 mm connector (part# ET-RP2.5BL) or 4.4 mm connector (part# ET-RP4.4BL). Balanced connections are becoming more common in modern DACs and headphone amplifiers, providing clearer audio reproduction and a high stereo separation. All three types of cables are made of OFC materials which deliver high resolution over the whole frequency range.
- Driver: Regular Phase (Orthodynamic)
- Type: Semi-open
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Sensitivity: 92 dB (1 kHz @ 1 mW)
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz - 35 kHz
- Maximum Input Power: 3000 mW
- Weight: 13.4 oz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.