Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Wireless bodypack transmitter for BLX systems (518-542MHz, Band H8)
Item # 183BL1H | MFR # BLX1=-H8
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Shure BLX1 by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
Transmitter for BLX systems
Shure's BLX1 bodypack transmitter is part of the BLX family of digital wireless systems. It offers up to 14 hours of use with two AA batteries and features an ergonomic design including a reversible belt clip. Its range is up to 300 feet under ideal conditions. The BLX1 transmitter automatically links to Shure BLX4, BLX4R, or BLX88 wireless receivers (not included) for seamless operation.
The two AA batteries will give 14 hours of use.
When considering a wireless system, you'll want to pick the frequency band with the least interference from local TV stations. Shure's Wireless Frequency Finder will show you the TV stations in your area, along with a list of recommended channels. Choose the frequency band that gives you the most open channels.
- ergonomic design with reversible belt clip
- up to 14 hours of operation with two AA batteries
- TQG connection for use with Shure microphones and guitar cables
- simple frequency matching to receiver
- LED indicates battery status
- operating range: up to 300 feet
- H8 frequency band (518-542MHz)
- frequency response: 50-15,000 Hz
- gain adjustment range: 26 dB
- 4.33" L x 2.52" W x 0.83" D
- 2.6 oz
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- BLX1 Bodypack transmitter
- 2 AA batteries
Bodypack Wireless Transmitter (for BLX Systems): The Shure BLX1 bodypack wireless transmitter is specifically designed for use with Shure's BLX wireless systems (receivers & mics sold separately). The BLX1 is fitted with a TQG connection (6.3mm) for use with Shure lavalier, headset, earset, and instrument microphones, and guitar cables (all sold separately). The Shure BLX1 bodypack transmitter has a wireless range up to 300'.
- Convenient Controls: The BLX1 features a very accessible On/Of switch and adjustable gain control. It also offers quick and easy receiver frequency matching.
- Battery Powered: The Shure BLX1 bodypack wireless transmitter operates off of two "AA" batteries that can last up to 14 hours.
- Rugged Design + Clip: The durable BLX1 features molded ABS construction and a lightweight, ergonomic design. You can clip the bodypack wireless transmitter to a belt or slide a guitar strap through the transmitter clip. For best results, the belt should be pressed against the base of the clip.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.