Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Outdoor speakers with in-ground/on-wall mounting hardware
Item # 190GS4 | MFR # FG01667
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Niles GS4 by Crutchfield's Marshall Chase
Bring your music outside with these discreet garden speakers
Niles GS4 speakers are an attractive way to add music to your surroundings without detracting from the visual appeal you work hard to maintain. Their 4" mineral filled polypropylene woofers and 1" Teteron® tweeters deliver excellent sound quality without taking up a lot of space. Masquerading as outdoor lights, the GS4s blend perfectly into your garden or patio. The included mounting hardware lets you secure the speakers to your outside wall, or even directly to the ground. Their all-weather enclosures and inconspicuous design will give you many years of listening pleasure. In fact, Niles outdoor speakers come with a limited lifetime warranty. Use a pair of GS4s by themselves, or add Niles' GSS10 in-ground subwoofer for a full-range outdoor stereo speaker system.
What's in the Box:
- 2 Brown garden satellite speakers with attached 15" speaker wire
- Two 8.25" mounting stakes
- 2 Security plates
- 4 Blue wire nuts
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=1.5")
- Installation Guide
- Limited Warranty card
- all-weather enclosures and speaker terminals
- 2-way acoustic suspension design
- 4" mineral-filled polypropylene woofer for durability
- 1" Teteron® dome tweeter for ultra-wide high-frequency dispersion
- frequency response 73-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- 8-ohm impedance
- handles up to 110 watts
- includes mounting hardware for in-ground or on-wall installation
- 5-1/2"W x 10-3/4"H x 9"D
- weight: 3.7 lbs.
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Power Range (watts)||10-110|
|Sensitivity||Not given dB|
|Frequency Response||70-21k Hz|
|Connector Type||Bare wire|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Limited Lifetime|
Overview: The Niles Audio GS4 Garden Speakers are designed for outdoor use. They can be wall-mounted or onto a stake in the ground. They are completely weatherproof, and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
Note: The Niles Audio GS4 is packaged as a pair of speakers.
Drivers: The GS4 features a 4" Mineral-filled Polypropylene cone woofer and a 1" a Tri-laminate Teteron dome tweeter. The drivers are covered with MicroPerf aluminum grilles, painted to match the enclosure.
Weatherproof Enclosure: Niles Audio Garden Speakers feature custom designed, UV-resistant acoustic enclosures. This long-lasting ABS plastic housing can withstand extreme environments, and can blend into its surroundings. The enclosure can also withstand temperature extremes of 15°F to 160°F.
Mounting Options: There are two mounting options for the GS4:
- Wall Mounting: The speakers come ready for wall-mounting. The speakers are held in place with the supplied screws. Each speaker weighs approximately 4 pounds, so the mounting surface should be able to withstand 5 times this weight (i.e. 20 pounds) to assure safety. Once mounted, the bracket can swivel up or down for optimum placement.
- Stake Mounting: The supplied ground stake is driven into the ground with a hammer or mallet. After removing the wall-mount bracket, the speaker can be attached to the ground stake. Once mounted, the speaker can be tilted (to no more than 45° recommended) for best sound. The included security mounting plates can provide an extra measure of security.
Wiring: The GS4s are equipped with an attached 15" length of UV-resistant speaker wire with tinned ends. Waterproof wire nuts are included for splicing on your own speaker wire. If you plan to bury the speaker cable, you should either use cable rated for direct burial, or run the cable through PVC pipe. The recommended gauge of the speaker wire is determined by the maximum length needed:
|Wire Gauge||Maximum Distance|
Optional In-ground Subwoofer: The Niles Audio GSS10 Garden In-ground Subwoofer is a natural complement to the GS4 satellite speakers. It provides deep, rich bass from an enclosure that literally disappears into the landscaping.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.