Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Our take on the Niles MF1VF by Crutchfield's Barry Montgomery
This tiny infrared (IR) flasher mounts to the front panel of an A/V component, enabling easy control from secondary listening rooms, using either your regular remote control or a universal remote. Use one MF1VF flasher for each component you want to control, and combine them with an IR system hub and one IR sensor for each secondary listening room. This not only lets you control your complete A/V system from your secondary rooms, but also lets you place your components out of sight in a cabinet or closet.
Using your IR repeater system is simple. In any of your secondary listening rooms, just point your remote control at the mounted IR sensor and enter system commands. The sensor relays your commands to the IR hub, which passes the signals on to the flashers, which in turn transmit your commands to your components. A built-in LED on the MF1VF flashes whenever a command is transmitted, for easier installation.
Thanks to this flasher's ultra-compact design and built-in adhesive strip, it's easy to mount one of these flashers on the front of each of your IR-remote-controlled components. And because the MF1VF is transparent to infrared light, it won't interfere with the use of IR remotes in your main room.
- flashback LED provides visual confirmation of operation
- adhesive strip allows quick and secure mounting
- elastomer cover allows mounting on curved surfaces
- transparent to infrared light won't block signals from IR remotes used in your main room
- includes 10 feet of connecting wire terminating in 3.5mm connectors
- compatible with virtually all infrared-remote controlled components
- 5/16"W x 3/16"H x 1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- IR MicroFlasher with attached 9.75' cord (has a minijack mono connector)
- Installation & Operation Guide
IR System Overview: An infrared (IR) extender system enables you to control your IR remote controlled A/V equipment from a remote location. This enables you to place your A/V components out of sight (behind cabinet doors, in the rear of a room, or in a different room) and still conveniently control your equipment.
IR System Components: The MF1VF IR MicroFlasher is one of three elements that make up an infrared extender system:
- IR Main System Unit (sold separately): The IR Main System Unit provides a connection hub for the IR sensors and the IR flashers and is generally located near the A/V components. The Main System Unit's level controls and LED indicators enable you to calibrate and troubleshoot an IR extender system. The Main System Unit is the "heart" of an IR extender system.
- IR Sensors (sold separately): IR Sensors are the "eyes" of the system, receiving IR commands from hand-held remote controls and relaying the commands to the Main System Unit via a 2-conductor shielded cable. Generally, sensors are placed so that you can easily and naturally point your remote control directly at them. Sensors are available in wall-mount, ceiling-mount, surface-mount and table-top models.
- Keypad (sold separately): The IntelliPad is a wall-mounted, programmable IR keypad system that provides a unique LED power status display and the convenience of true one-button remote control of complex audio/video systems.
- IR Flashers: IR Flashers re-transmit the infrared signals from the IR Main System Unit to your A/V components. Flashers are the "voice" of an IR extender system that "speaks" to your components.
Universal Compatibility: When used in a complete system, this IR MicroFlasher is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls (virtually all brands of remotes using carrier frequencies between 20 and 455 kHz).
Red LED: The MF1VF provides visible feedback of flasher operation via a red LED in the flasher housing.
Mounting: The MF1VF is designed for pin-point relaying of IR commands, so it is typically mounted to the infrared remote sensor window of an audio/video component using the self-adhesive backing.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Appears to be of high quality. Excellent literature explaining what products do and how to use them together. [ Ronald May 19, 2017 ]
Hiding components in a closet [ Carlos Oct 03, 2016 ]
Past experience with Niles products. [ W Oct 01, 2016 ]
needed for hidden cable box [ Scott Mar 18, 2016 ]