Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Niles SI-2125 (Factory Refurbished)
2-channel power amplifier
Item # 190SI2125Z | MFR # FO 01055B (refurb)
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Niles SI-2125 (Factory Refurbished) by Crutchfield's James Ralston
Save big with this factory refurbished amplifier
Whether you're using the Niles SI-2125 as a part of a multi-room audio system or as the amplifier in your main listening room, you'll find that it delivers plenty of pristine, dynamic stereo power. This factory refurbished version comes with Niles' full 2-year warranty, so it's a great way to get solid amplifier performance for less.
This amplifier also offers enough flexibility to make it perfect for a wide variety of applications. Its 4-ohm stability means that the SI-2125 can easily drive 2 pairs of speakers at once. Or you can bridge its two channels to drive a single speaker with 300 watts of power.
Niles uses quality parts throughout to ensure that you'll always get top-notch performance. Independent power supplies for each channel prevent cross-talk interference, ensuring especially clean sound. Oversized heat sinks keep the amp cool even when driving heavy loads, elimating the need for a noisy cooling fan and guaranteeing silent operation.
What's in the Box:
- Refurbished 2-channel amplifier
- 6.25' AC power cord
- Installation & Operation Guide
- Warranty and Registration Card
- Important Safety Instructions
- 2-channel amplifier
- discrete, high-current design
- power output (20-20,000 Hz):
- 125 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms (0.05% THD, both channels driven)
- 200 watts RMS per channel into 4 ohms (.03% THD, both channels driven)
- channels are bridgeable to 300 watts RMS (mono) into 8 ohms
- stable into low-impedance loads
- three turn-on modes: music-sensing, voltage trigger, and manual
- gold-plated binding posts spaced to accommodate dual banana plugs
- 12-volt control output
- voltage trigger input accepts 3-30V AC/DC
- detachable AC power cord
- cascade output lets you easily connect additional amplifiers to your system
- left and right channel adjustable level controls
- DC, short circuit, and overload protection with automatic reset
- 17"W x 5-3/4"H x 15-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||125|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||200|
|Bridged Power per Channel||300 x 1 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||1|
|Speaker Connectors||5-way posts|
Power Output: The SI-2125 delivers 125 watts per channel at 8 Ohms, 200 watts per channel at 4 Ohms, and 300 watts bridged at 8 ohms.
Audio Circuitry Construction: The audio circuitry of the SI-2125 is constructed using 1% metal film resistors, high quality capacitors, and oversized heat sinks, allowing the amplifier to create sound that is clear and uncolored with great imaging.
Independent Power Supplies: Each channel of the SI-2125 is powered by its own independent power supply. This increases the isolation between the two channels and eliminates cross talk.
High-current Design: The toroidal transformer has two separate windings for each of the power supplies, providing more than ample current to your system.
Oversized Heat Sinks: The oversized heat sinks inside the SI-2125 allow the amplifier to stay cool even when operating into low impedance loads without the noise of fan-cooled amplifiers.
Independent Level Controls: Each channel has its own independent level control enabling you to precisely match the SI-2125 to the rest of your system.
Turn-On Modes: The Turn-On Mode selector switch gives you three options for turning the SI-2125 on and off:
- Constant: the auto turn-on circuitry is off. The front panel power switch operates the amplifier.
- Audio Sense: the power switch on the front panel must be in the "On" position. The amplifier is off when there is no audio signal present at either the left or the right input. If it detects a signal, the amplifier is turned on. Once the audio signal stops, the sensing circuit waits two minutes, then turns the amplifier off.
- 3-30 Volt AC/DC Voltage Trigger: the power switch on the front panel must be in the "On" position. The amplifier is off when there is no 3-30V AC or DC voltage detected at the trigger input. Once the sensing circuitry detects a voltage, the amplifier is turned on. Once the voltage stops, the sensing circuit instantly turns the amplifier off.
Automatic Protection: The SI-2125 is equipped with sophisticated protection circuits. The red "Protect" LED indicates the amp has shut down because there is a fault in the speaker, the wiring, or with the SI-2125 itself. When conditions return to normal, regular operation resumes.
Trigger Input (3-30V): minijack
12V Control Output (150A maximum): minijack
Main Input: left and right RCA audio jacks
Cascade Output: left and right RCA audio jacks
Speaker Outputs: left and right gold-plated 5-way binding posts that will accept up to 12-gauge bare wire
Continuous Average Power Output:
- 125 watts per channel RMS at 8 ohms
- 200 watts per channel RMS at 4 ohms
- 300 watts bridged channel RMS at 8 ohms
Input Impedance: 10k ohms
Input Sensitivity: 0.878V for 8 ohm rated input
Overall Voltage Gain: 33 dB
Frequency Response: bandwidth limited from 10 Hz to 100 kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion:
- 8 Ohms: 0.05% THD from 20 Hz to 20 kHz @ full rated power
- 4 Ohms: 0.03% THD from 20 Hz to 20 kHz @ full rated power
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.