Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Niles Intellipad Ci TS1 Keypad
Touchscreen in-wall controller for Niles MultiZone receivers
Item #: 190TS1W
This item is no longer available.
Niles Intellipad Ci TS1 Keypad
Our take on the Niles Intellipad Ci TS1 Keypad by Crutchfield's James Ralston
This in-wall touchscreen controller gives you intuitive operation of your Niles MultiZone system from a single room. The TS1 features an easy-to-read, backlit LCD for entering commands. It's a great choice for rooms where you're likely to use your system often, like a living room or master bedroom.
The TS1 comes preprogrammed for Niles' ZR-4630 and ZR-8630AV MultiZone receivers, and it lets you remotely operate any of the separate audio or video sources you've installed in your system. Its on-screen menus and buttons can be customized to match your individual components and playback preferences. A built-in IR (infrared) sensor allows you to control your system from across the room using the Niles R-4 or R-8 remote included with your MultiZone receiver. The LCD screen displays information about your system, like volume and AM/FM tuning frequency. You also get seven hard buttons for quick access to frequently used commands.
What's in the Box:
- IntelliPad Ci Touch Screen Keypad
- White faceplate
- Cutout template
- Installation and Operation Guide
- Warranty and Registration Card
- preprogrammed for use with Niles MultiZone receivers
- master controller for a single playback zone
- easy-to-read 3.8" touchscreen LCD
- 7 backlit hard keys for frequently used commands
- IR sensor for use with Niles R-4 or R-8 remote
- connects to MultiZone receiver via CAT-5 cable
- includes retro-fit mounting faceplate
- 5"W x 4-5/16"H; mounting depth is 2-1/4"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Overview: The Niles TS-1 Touch Screen Keypad is designed as an elegant alternative to the IntelliPad Ci Keypads used with Niles Multi-Zone receivers, ZR-4630 or ZR-8630AV. The TS-1 has an easy-to-read touch screen LCD and a row of hard keys for often used commands, both of which are backlit when the keypad is in use. The unit is wall-mounted and is an ideal choice for home areas where the multi-zone system will be used the most (kitchen, master bedroom, family room, etc.). The TS-1 also has an IR sensor which will accept commands from a Niles R-4 or R-8 wireless remote and relay them to the receiver. The keypad is connected to the receiver via CAT-5 cable.
LCD: The touch screen LCD is divided into three sections:
- Navigation Keys: Change between multiple function screens, set sleep timer, and adjust display settings
- Master Keys: Select input, holding a master key for three seconds selects that input for all programmed zones
- Function Keys: Operate connected source components, each component has unique controls, up to seven function screens per component
Hard Keys: The hard keys below the touch screen offer quick access to frequently used system functions:
- Off: The zone is turned off with a momentary touch of the off button, hold the off button for three seconds to turn off the entire system
- Down/Up: Controls source component operation (preset on tuner, chapter on DVD, track on CD, channel on DSS, etc)
- Zone On: The zone and LCD backlighting is turned on with a momentary touch of the Zone On button, hold the button for three seconds to turn on all programmed zones
- Volume ▼/▲: The zone volume is controlled using the volume buttons, zone volume is displayed on the LCD
- Mute: Mutes and un-mutes the zone
IR Sensor: The IR sensor receives Niles R-4 and R-8 remote control commands. The narrow band width eliminates interference from other light sources; plasma TVs, florescent lights, etc.
Programming: The TS-1 comes preprogrammed for Niles multi-zone receivers, including the ZR-4630 and ZR-8630AV. Additionally, advanced PC programming gives you the ability to modify and customize control screen templates containing source component function keys for audio and video sources.
System: RJ-45 connection; sends commands to and receives information from the multi-zone receiver
IR Sensor: RJ-45 connection; receives signals from a second IR sensor to relay to the multi-zone receiver
Mounting: The TS-1 keypad requires a cutout 3.875" tall and 4.75" wide. Once installed, the two built-in mounting clamps are tightened with a Phillips head screwdriver.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.