Single-stud adapter for MantelMount TV mounts
Our take on the MantelMount SSB40 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The SSB40 single stud adapter lets you place your MantelMount MM340 or MM540 mount directly over a wall stud. It replaces the wall plate that comes with your mount, allowing for a shallower installation. You can also use the adapter with a MantelMount AB40 adapter bracket or RB100 recess box.
- for use with MantelMount MM340 and MM540 TV mounts
- for use with MantelMount AB40 Adapter Bracket and RB100 Recess Box
- for installation on a center stud or beam
- matte black powder-coated finish
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Single-stud upper-bracket
- Single-stud lower bracket
- Six M8 x 20mm screws
- Six M8 washers
- Important Safety Instructions
Single Stud Wall Adapter: Used in conjunction with the MM340 or MM540 MantelMount (all sold separately), the SSB40 Single Stud Wall Adapter serves as a direct replacement for the MantelMount's included wall-plate when it can't reach your existing stud placement. The SSB40 allows you to install your MM340 or MM540 MantelMount to a single wall stud, post, or beam.
- Upper Bracket Dimensions: 6.4375" (w) x 10.25" (h) x 1.125" (d)
- Lower Bracket Dimensions: 6.4375" (w) x 1.0" (h) x 1.125" (d)
- The SSB40 must be paired with an AB40 Horizontal Adapter Bracket (sold separately), if mounting the MM340 or MM540 MantelMount to a horizontal surface such as a cubby hole or recessed alcove, or if serving as a pass-through support for thin brick facades or simulated foam "stone" panels that can't support the weight of a MantelMount independently.
- The SSB40 is also required as a bolt pattern adapter if recessing the M340 or MM540 using the RB100 Recess Box (sold separately).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.