Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
BT Series 100-watt powered 8" Bass Tube®
Item # 204BTA8100 | MFR # BTA8100
Price Break: -$10.00
$219.99 Earn up to 220 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Bazooka BTA8100 by Crutchfield's Steven Johnson
A bass cannon
Bass makes up about 30% of your music, and it gives music its power and impact. A good subwoofer can make an average car audio system sound good, and a good car audio system sound great. Good bass is all about moving air, and a cylindrical tube translates the motion of its woofer into maximum air pressure so you hear and feel more bass. Bazooka designed the Bass Tube to act like a bass cannon, firing low frequencies throughout your vehicle.
BTA8100 8" amplified Bass Tubes enclosure
The affordable BTA8100 8" amplified Bazooka Bass Tube lets you add ride-filling bass to your system with a minimum of hassle. It's an ideal solution if you drive a leased vehicle, and want the thrill of powerful bass but don't want to make any modifications. The BTA8100 Bass Tubes enclosure comes with a 8" woofer, a built-in amp (100 watts max power), and installation parts including a power/signal harness (15" power and ground wires, 10" turn on and speaker input leads, RCA inputs, and auto turn-on jumper), 7.5-amp fuse with holder, power rings, and mounting hardware.
Bass Tubes fit just about anywhere
A compact Bass Tube will fit in almost any vehicle, and you can disconnect it in a snap if you need more cargo space. Since the tube's speaker and port are right next to each other, you can get amazing results by "corner loading" your tube — placing it in a corner of your trunk or cargo area so your vehicle's boundaries act as a natural amplifier, boosting bass production.
Bass control from the driver's seat
An optional wired Remote Bass Control Module gives you independent in-dash volume control of your bottom end. Want to know more? Take Bazooka's Bass Tubes Tour.
Important Note: You'll need to purchase an amp wiring kit to install this powered Bass Tubes enclosure the included wiring harness is less than two feet long.
Very good product.
Anonymous, Durham, NC
What's in the Box:
- One 8" amplified tube-style subwoofer with attached grille
- 10" Wiring harness
- 1 In-line fuse holder with a 7.5A fuse (has 6" leads on both sides)
- 3 Blue butt connectors
- 1 Crimp-on ring
- 1 Self-tapping screw
- Two 36-1/2" mounting straps (each strap has an attached plastic mounting base)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- Installation Manual
- 8" woofer with treated foam surround
- power output 100 watts max
- 85 Hz low-pass filter (18 dB/octave)
- line- and speaker-level inputs
- frequency response 39-85 Hz
- subsonic filter (12 dB/octave at 35 Hz) for improved amp efficiency
- sensitivity 105 dB
- 8-9/16"W x 9-7/8"H x 18-3/8"D
- 2-ohm impedance
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Bazooka BTA8100 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Connector Type||Molex plug|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||100 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
|Crossover Point||85 Hz|
Overview: The BTA8100 features a water-resistant poly enclosure that houses an 8" poly woofer with a foam surround. The woofer is powered by a built-in 100-watt maximum amplifier. The patented Bass Tube enclosure design eliminates bass standing waves for high accuracy, and superior efficiency.
Low-pass Filter: The BTA8100 has a fixed low-pass filter at 85 Hz with a slope of 18 dB/octave.
Subsonic Filter: The subsonic filter, set at 35Hz, prevents really low frequencies from being amplified. This allows the amplifier to run more efficiently with increased power output.
Remote Level Control: Using an optional remote level control, you can control the bass output level of the subwoofer from a remote location.
Auto Turn-On: The subwoofer will turn on automatically when it senses music in the high-level or low-level inputs.
Balanced Input Circuitry: Balanced low-level and balanced high-level input circuitry is used for improved noise reduction.
- Level Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the level of the subwoofer
- Input Phase Switch: allows you to adjust the phase of the subwoofer
- Power LED: if power, ground and remote are connected properly, the LED will illuminate in green
- Remote Level Control: minijack for use with optional remote level control
- Harness: 14-pin Molex plug for use with supplied harness
Installation: Each mounting strap has an attached mounting base that can be secured to your vehicle using the supplied self-tapping screws. Once the mounting bases are installed, the tube is held in place by the mounting straps. For best results, the tube should be mounted facing into a corner, and there should be 2" to 4" between the woofer and the corner into which the woofer is pointing.
- Power Wire: the 16-gauge power lead is only 10" long, so additional wire is required to extend it to the battery. Additional power wire must be crimped or soldered to the Bazooka's power lead.
- Ground Wire: the 16-gauge ground lead is also only 10" long, and may need to be extended. Additional ground wire must be crimped or soldered to the Bazooka's ground lead.
- Speaker Wire: required only when using the high-level inputs
- RCA Patch Cord: required only when using the low-level inputs
- Remote Turn-on Wire: required only if you do not use the auto turn-on feature
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I just needed a little something extra in my 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. [ Gregory Feb 15, 2017 ]
I have one already and it's work [ horace Jan 17, 2017 ]
Awsome product. Easily installed [ matt Jan 14, 2017 ]
Bought another as the plug inserts broke. Had 6 years before any damage. Worked fine in my jeep liberty til then. [ Mark May 09, 2016 ]
reviews were good [ JESSE Jan 21, 2016 ]
Great price. Free shipping! [ Carolyn Dec 18, 2015 ]