Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
30-band car equalizer
Our take on the Kicker 03KQ30 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Good EQ makes it sound amazing
Kicker's KQ30 30-band equalizer will help make your music sound awesome in your car. Let's face it, your vehicle's interior is not the best place for listening. The limited and uneven space, echo-producing windows, and loud road noise combine to create "hot spots" that hurt your ears and dead zones where notes disappear. The only way you're going to achieve high fidelity in your car is to use equalization to correct for all the frequency peaks and valleys that are normally present. And 30 bands of control mean you can get it sounding right whatever the conditions are like inside your vehicle.
Fine tuning for the best sound possible
Input gain controls match the KQ30's input to your receiver's output while output gain controls match the KQ30's output to your crossover or amplifier. Both adjustments feature clip lights that indicate the maximum signal level, so you can be sure all your music will always play clean and distortion-free. You can cut or boost each 1/3-octave-wide band up to 12 dB, so you can make some very powerful adjustments in order to tame even the wildest-sounding system.
What's in the Box:
- 30-Band Equalizer
- Two 2-amp ATM fuses (one installed / one spare)
- Four 1" Screws
- Owner's manual
- stereo 30-band equalizer
- 1/3 octave, +12 to -12 dB per band
- bass center frequencies: 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, and 80 Hz
- mid bass center frequencies: 100, 126, 156, 200, 250, 320 Hz
- lower midrange center frequencies: 400, 500, 635, 800, 1K, 1.27K Hz
- upper midrange center frequencies: 1.6K, 2K, 2.5K, 3.2K, 4K, 5K Hz
- treble center frequencies: 6.4K, 8K, 10K, 12.8K, 16K, 20K Hz
- separate left and right input gain controls with clip indicator LEDs
- will accept 0.5-9 volt input
- separate left and right output gain controls with clip indicator LEDs
- up to 9 volts RMS output
- signal-to-noise ratio at full output: 120 dB
- fuse rating: 2A x 1
- 18-gauge power and ground leads and a 5-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with equalizer
- dimensions: 10-5/8"W x 1-1/4"H x 7-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Thirty EQ Bands: The Kicker KQ30 equalizer/pre-amp features 30 audio bands at 1/3 octave spacing for precise adjustment throughout the full bandwidth. The bands are aligned in 5 sub-groups:
- Bass: 25 Hz, 31.5 Hz, 40 Hz, 50 Hz, 63 Hz, 80 Hz
- Mid Bass: 100 Hz, 126 Hz, 156 Hz, 200 Hz, 250 Hz, 320 Hz
- Lower Midrange: 400 Hz, 500 Hz, 635 Hz, 800 Hz, 1 kHz, 1.27 kHz
- Upper Midrange: 1.6 kHz, 2 kHz, 2.5 kHz, 3.2 kHz, 4 kHz, 5 kHz
- Treble: 6.4 kHz, 8 kHz, 10 kHz, 12.8 kHz, 16 kHz, 20 kHz
12dB Boost/Cut: The continuously variable rotary knobs for the 30 bands allow adjusting the signal level +/- 12dB. The controls are marked at -12dB, -9dB, -6dB, -3dB, 0, +3dB, +6dB, +9dB, and +12dB.
High Voltage Preamp: The input accepts an audio signal from 500 mV to 9 Volts and produces up to 9 Volts of output to your amplifiers.
Separate Input Controls: The input gain control has separate left and right controls for precise adjustment to input sensitivity and channel balancing.
Separate Output Controls: The output level controls have separate left and right controls for full control of output voltage and channel balancing. To minimize noise in the system, output signal voltage should be maximized without clipping, thus lowering the optimum gain setting on the amplifier(s).
Clipping Indicators: There are separate left and right channel LED clipping indicators for both the input and output. These fast-acting indicators help you set clean, distortion-free input and output levels.
Mono/Stereo Operation: You can operate the KQ30 in stereo or mono. This allows one unit to equalize both left and right channels, or two units for independent left and right equalization settings.
EQ/Bypass Switch: You can defeat the equalizer with the push of a button to compare the equalized and non-equalized sound.
Power Wiring: A removable three terminal Phoenix connector houses the power, ground, and turn-on terminals, allowing you to first connect the wires, then plug the module back into the EQ. Each screw terminal will accept up to 16-gauge wire. Kicker recommends 18-gauge minimum and an in-line 5-amp fuse for the power wire.