Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Mono subwoofer amplifier 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
Item # 2061DX5001 | MFR # 11DX5001
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kicker 11DX500.1 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
A half-kilowatt of bass power
For some people, great bass is what makes life worth living. Kicker built their DX500.1 mono amp to send up to 500 watts RMS to your car's sub system, so you can feel the low-frequency joy, too — all from an amp with a footprint that's about the size of a piece of computer paper. You can harness this awesome power with a built-in low-pass filter that tailors the bass notes you send to your sub, while the subsonic filter removes the super-low frequencies that your sub can't play. A bass boost lets you add some extra bump in your music, and the remote controller lets you control the amp's level from the driver's seat. You'll also find the set of preamp outputs handy for getting signal to another amp in your system.
Isolates and eliminates noise
You want lots of power for your subs, but this Kicker DX amp gives you something extra — clean power. Kicker's FIT™ — Fail-Safe Integration Technology — rejects noise from alternators, audio/video gear, and other car electronics for crisp, clean operation, and accepts a wide range of signals so you can hook up the DX500.1 to almost any stereo.
All I can say is.....awesome amp with awesome power!! Paired with the kicker l3, this thing messes up my Camaro in a good way!!!
joe j, madison, fl
What's in the Box:
- Mono amplifier
- ZXRC Remote bass level control
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- 18' Remote bass level control cable (RJ-25 plug on both ends)
- Four 30-Amp ATO blade fuses (2 installed/2 spare)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 3/8" Self-tapping screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certification sheet
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 275 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- variable subsonic filter (10-30 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost on sub channel (0-12 dB at 40 Hz)
- Class D amp technology
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise from your vehicle's electrical system
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- remote sub level control included
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 10-5/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 8-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with either a Kicker single amp wiring kit or a Kicker multi-amp kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kicker 11DX500.1 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
275 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||500 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA (adapter req)|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Year|
|Labor Warranty||2 Year|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Kicker DX500.1's power and signal to noise ratio are measured according to CEA 2006 standards (Consumer Electronics Association). These standards allow you to accurately compare the specifications of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they are different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. The rated power output is 275 watts RMS x 1 channel into 4Ω (20-200 Hz, <1% THD+N). While the CEA 2006 S/N is 75 dB (measured at 1 watt), the S/N at rated power is >95 dB.
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Protection Circuitry: The DX500.1 has protection circuitry that will turn the amp off in the event of overheating, over voltage (power input), under voltage (power input), short circuit (speaker output), and over current (speaker output). If the Protection LED on the left side of the amp illuminates red, the protection circuit has engaged and the amp will not play until the problem is resolved.
Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT): To accommodate the varying range of signal levels coming from today's factory and aftermarket radios, the DX500.1 utilizes Fail-Safe Integration Technology (FIT), offering isolated differential inputs for significant noise reduction, and compatibility with virtually any factory radio.
Speaker Level Input: High level inputs can be used when the source device doesn't have preamp level outputs. The same RCA inputs on the amp are used for either speaker level or line level connections. When a speaker level signal is used, speaker wire to RCA adapters are needed (item number 20609ZISL, sold separately) and the Input Level should be set to High.
ZXRC Remote Bass Control: The DX500.1 comes with the ZXRC Remote Bass Control, which allows you to control the output level of the amplifier from the front of the vehicle. The wired remote comes with a bracket to mount it under the dash. The supplied 18' cable, with RJ-25 phone plugs at each end, connects the wired remote bass level control to the amplifier.
Note: The Remote Bass Control measures approximately 2-1/4" wide x 1-1/4" high x 1.75" deep (2-3/8" deep including the knob and wiring).
Gain Control: With the Input Level Control switch at the appropriate setting, you can set the rotary Gain Control to match the output of the source unit. The Gain Controls are adjusted with a flat-head screwdriver and can be set between 0 and 11.
Input Level: The input level control is switchable; when set to Low, the amp can accommodate a line level input signal of 125mV-5V, on High, the amp will accept a 250mV-10V speaker level signal.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- +12 V: the amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: the amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker level source); in this mode the amp's remote terminal acts as a +12 volt output to turn on another component
- Audio: the amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected; in this mode the amp's remote terminal acts as a +12 volt output to turn on another component
Low Pass Filter: The DX500.1 is equipped with a low-pass electronic crossover; the crossover point is continuously variable from 50 Hz to 200 Hz and the slope is 18dB per octave. Properly set, the low pass filter creates a smooth transition between the subwoofer and the sound system's full-range speakers.
Subsonic Filter: Frequencies that cannot be reproduced by the subwoofer do not become sound, but unnecessary oscillations causing distortion; these frequencies also waste amplifier power and can damage speakers. The subsonic filter removes the frequencies below the crossover point to improve the performance of the speakers by eliminating this harmful distortion. The 18 dB/octave subsonic filter's crossover point is continuously variable from 10 to 30 Hz.
KICKEQBass Boost: When you want more bass from the amplifier, you can adjust the Bass Boost circuit. The bass boost is centered at 40 Hz and is continuously variable from 0 to +12dB.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): set screw terminal; accepts up to 4-gauge wire; the included 3mm Allen wrench is required to tighten/loosen the terminal
- REM (remote turn-on): set screw terminal; accepts up to 8-gauge wire; the included 3mm Allen wrench is required to tighten/loosen the terminal
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; accepts up to 4-gauge wire; the included 3mm Allen wrench is required to tighten/loosen the terminal
- Speaker Outputs: one pair of set screw terminals; accepts up to 8-gauge wire; the included 3mm Allen wrench is required to tighten/loosen the terminals
- Fuses: two 30-amp ATO fuses (factory installed)
Right Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Input: one pair of RCA input jacks
- RCA Output: one pair of RCA input jacks (the amplifier's crossovers have no effect on the line level output signal)
Extended Warranty: Kicker will add a year to the standard two year warranty (for a total of three years) when any matching Kicker amplifier wiring kit is used with this amp (4 gauge minimum). Both the amp and wiring kit should be purchased on the same order and the usual warranty limitations apply (covers manufacturing defects, must be purchased from an authorized Kicker dealer, etc.).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Jeff Jan 13, 2014 ] Staff