Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Compact 2-channel amplifier and controller for iPod® or iPhone® 25 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
Item # 2061PXI502 | MFR # 11PXI502
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kicker 11PXI50.2 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Bring your music out where you work and play
Kicker's little PXi50.2 amp lets you set up a sound system in any vehicle with a 12-volt electrical system, including sit-down mowers, tractors, ATVs, or motorcycles. Just hook up some speakers, plug in your iPod or iPhone, and you'll have access to your tunes loud and clear. Imagine how simple this makes getting music onto your boat or even a forklift. Kicker recommends pairing the PXi50.2 with a set of PS5250 5-1/4" Powersports speakers.
Use the remote to navigate your playlists
Versatile little music-maker
The weather-resistant amp module sends up to 25 watts RMS to your speakers so you'll hear all your music's details and feel the beat. You can tuck your iPod away in a safe spot, because the illuminated remote controller provides easy navigation through your playlists and songs. The PXi50.2 also provides rapid-charging, so your player will be fully charged when you bring it home. Kicker even includes an auxiliary input to accommodate other kinds of MP3 devices, along with RCA outputs that allow you to add some powered speakers or a powered sub.
The product was the best soloution to put sound in my classic 1963 Impala SS
MIke J, South Plainfield NJ
What's in the Box:
- 2-Channel amplified controller for iPod/iPhone (with multiple 4" pigtails)
- Wired remote/controller with attached 5.5' cable
- Plastic mount for wired remote/controller
- Bar mounting bracket
- 70" iPod connector cable (with iPod dock connector on one end and a 13-pin DIN connector on the other end)
- 24" Wiring harness with female 3.5mm aux input and stereo RCA output jacks
- 4 Phillips-head pan-washer screws (length=3/4")
- 4 Split lock washers
- 4 Phillips-head pan screws (length=1/4")
- 2-channel amplifier and controller for iPod or iPhone
- 15 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (25 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- works in any vehicle with a 12-volt charging system
- 6-foot cable with Apple®-certified dock
- auxiliary input and outputs
- back-lit blue LED wired remote with large rubber buttons
- 12-gauge power and ground wires and a 10-amp in-line fuse recommended
- 5-11/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 3-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kicker 11PXI50.2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
15 x 2
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||25 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Amplifier Class||Not Given|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Kicker PXi50.2 is a simple 2-channel amplifier that allows you to listen to your iPod or iPhone in a vehicle without a built-in music source. This Amplified Controller for iPod and iPhone can be installed in boats, ATVs, utility vehicles, golf carts, tractors, snowmobiles, hot rods, motorcycles, and riding lawnmowers. The PXi50.2 provides a 5-volt fast-charge current for the iPod/iPhone, and pause playback when power is off.
Components: The PXi50.2 consists of the following components:
- Amplifier: A simple 2-channel amp with a weather-resistant cover and multiple 4" pigtail connections for power, speakers, remote controller, and iPod/iPhone.
- iPod Cable: A 70" cable with a 30-pin iPod dock connector on one end and a 13-pin DIN connector on the amp end. The amp connection has a weather-resistant, screw-on plug.
- Remote Controller: The PXi50.2 comes with an 8-button, weather-resistant, blue backlit remote controller and an attached 5.5' cable. The remote controller can be mounted to a pipe or bar (1.5" diameter max) with the supplied clamp-type mount, flush-mounted using the supplied bracket, or surface-mounted using an adhesive or hook-and-loop fastener (not included).
- Wiring Harness: A 24" wiring harness that provides power connections (constant power, switched power, ground, amp turn-on), speaker wires for 2 speakers (speakers not included), an RCA stereo output, and a 3.5mm auxiliary input for adding another source. Note: A 10A fuse--not included--should be placed in-line with the constant power wire.
Remote Controller: With the remote controller, you can raise and lower the volume, change to next or previous track, select playlists, turn shuffle on or off, and turn off the unit. Dimensions: 3.146"W x 1.568"H x 0.601"D. If flush-mounted, the unit requires a cutout of 3.385" (86mm) x 1.616" (41mm) with a minimum mounting depth of 0.708" (18mm).
iPod Compatibility: The PXi50.2 is compatible with the following iPods and iPhones:
- iPod touch: 1st generation (8GB, 16GB, 32GB), 2nd generation (8GB, 16GB, 32GB), 3rd generation (32GB, 64GB), 4th generation (8GB, 32GB, 64GB)
- iPod classic: 160GB (2009), 160GB (2007), 80GB
- iPod: 5th generation (video): 30GB, 60GB, 80GB
- iPod nano: 1st generation (1GB, 2GB, 4GB), 2nd generation-aluminum (2GB, 4GB, 8GB), 3rd generation--video (4GB, 8GB), 4th generation--video (8GB, 16GB), 5th generation-video camera (8GB, 16GB), 6th generation (8GB, 16GB), 7th generation (Lightning to 30-pin adapter required and not included)
- iPhone: iPhone (4GB, 8GB, 16GB), iPhone 3G (8GB, 16GB), iPhone 3GS (8GB, 16GB, 32GB), iPhone 4 (16GB, 32GB), iPhone 5 (Lightning to 30-pin adapter required and not included) Note: The PXi50.2 is not compatible with iPhone 4S (lab tested)
Additional Inputs/Outputs: In addition to the iPod connection, the PXi50.2 has a 3.5mm auxiliary input for adding an additional source, such as a portable CD, satellite radio, or other MP3 device. There is also a pair of stereo RCA preamp outputs for use with additional amplifiers.
- Power Output: 15 watts RMS x 2 (4 ohms); 25 watts RMS x 2 (2 ohms)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/- 1dB)
- RCA Preout Voltage: 2.5V RMS
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 90dB
- Max Current Draw: 10A
- Aux-Input Sensitivity: 500mV to 1.75V
- iPod Charging: 5V @ 1A
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
3 questions already asked
Yes! I just added a cheep Bluetooth receiver that I found online. It connects to the aux port and now I can change all of the music and volume with my iPhone. [ jack May 28, 2015 ]
no and the remote supplied only works the volume unless you are using a very old ipod. I recommend using the blue tooth enabled version of this unit. That is the one I thought I was getting when I ordered this one, but didnt realize it until it came in. [ kasey May 28, 2015 ]
No sir, I do not believe so, It is my belief that you need the Bluetooth version of this amplifier. I normally just run my IPhone into the aux input. If you find out that you can add the Bluetooth capability please let me know, would be nice. [ DAVID E May 28, 2015 ]
The controller is hard wired coming out of the unit and does not plug in to any receptacle where you could use a bluetooth adapter of any kind to replace all of the functions. If there is a bluetooth adapter that plugs into the actual ipod plug, then you could control your play selections from your phone or ipod but the volume would have to be preset or adjusted using the hardwired controller. Hope that helps. [ VINCENT E May 28, 2015 ]
Unfortunately! You need to purchase the BT version. [ GRANT G May 28, 2015 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on selecting the best amp for your subs I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences between the amp models and help you make the best choice for your system. [ Krissy Feb 17, 2015 ] Staff
Probably so... If the volume setting on the phone is not turned up all the way while connected TO the remote, it does effect overall volume through the speakers... I'm assuming it would work the same way bypassed. A less expensive alternative would be just to purchase a separate amp and hook ur phone to it via a headphones/ to RCA adapter, if u plan on bypassing the remote anyway. Hope this helps [ CLINT C Dec 27, 2014 ]
I haven't had any luck doing this. I have to use the remote to control the volume. Hope this helps [ Brian Dec 26, 2014 ]